I'm getting all my notifications in the app but I'm also getting the notifications in my messages folder as an email. Anyway to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 09:40 AM
    I am having this same problem... was about to start a thread on it until I saw this one.

When I upgraded last night, I was getting update to only certain things. On 1.7 I got an email in my gmail account, but it ony came through to my BB as a facebook notification. This new facebook 1.8 sends me the facebook notification and an email as well.

Also berrybuzz doesnt have an indicator now for facebook 1.8. the whole facebook option is gone from berrybuzz 3.0.68
    08-19-10 09:48 AM
    Try this, this worked great for me and also works with the new official release.

Quoted from another thread:

alright fellas, so i think i figured out how to get this beta working again. i did my little trick on friday and it's been flawlessly working since then. so lets begin.

make sure u have 1.8 installed on ur bb, log out, hop onto ur pc and log into fb, go over to the account tab -> applications setting...delete "facebook for blackberry smartphones" the usual. log out. Log back into ur BB and let fb load. hop back onto ur pc and log back into fb but this time go -> account -> account settings -> notifications. What u should see is the majority of the options unselected both for sms and email delivery. leave it like that..except for 1. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and under "other applications" u should have "facebook for bb smarphones" it should be unselected. SELECT IT. don't worry, u will not get a single email. But this is what enables it to communicate with the handheld which is something it stopped doing. so...click it (in the email delivery column), save changes and log out. and thats it. Then test it with a poke or something. i have friend who always pokes me back...and her poke came through.

so try it out and if it works, spread the word aaaaand...let me know.

thanx.
    08-19-10 10:02 AM
    Yea I have tried that. I can only get notifications for certain things, looks like pokes, comments on wall and photos.

But I cannot get notifications for comments on a link, comment, wall post, photo after me. I would just get an email.

The only way I have it working is checking everything in the email column .. ill get an email and a facebook notification .... unchecking the email columns results in no notification at all ...

guess imma have to deal with it or maybe block incoming emails from facebook to my bb through the bis?
    08-19-10 10:06 AM
    Yea I have tried that. I can only get notifications for certain things, looks like pokes, comments on wall and photos.

But I cannot get notifications for comments on a link, comment, wall post, photo after me. I would just get an email.

The only way I have it working is checking everything in the email column .. ill get an email and a facebook notification .... unchecking the email columns results in no notification at all ...

guess imma have to deal with it or maybe block incoming emails from facebook to my bb through the bis?

I need help! This is happening to me as well. Followed the same steps because I was recieving notifications plus the e-mails were also sent to my blackberry and now they don't come in at all. Why did I ever follow those steps??? How do I chage it back like it was? Recieving the notifications plus the e-mails to the blackberry??
    08-19-10 11:00 AM
    I need help! This is happening to me as well. Followed the same steps because I was recieving notifications plus the e-mails were also sent to my blackberry and now they don't come in at all. Why did I ever follow those steps??? How do I chage it back like it was? Recieving the notifications plus the e-mails to the blackberry??
    Yea I am now in the same boat with not receiving any notifications .... guess imma just delete facebook, reinstall it and deal with the duplicate notifications for now.

Unless someone has a link to facebook 1.7.22 so i can downgrade lol
    08-19-10 11:04 AM
    sign me up.. got the same prob..
    08-19-10 11:07 AM
    Yea I am now in the same boat with not receiving any notifications .... guess imma just delete facebook, reinstall it and deal with the duplicate notifications for now.

Unless someone has a link to facebook 1.7.22 so i can downgrade lol
    But are you guys getting the FB e-mail sent to the blackberry? I just recieved one but not the notification on the FB app like I used to have. What do I have to do online on Facebook? Do I have un-do what the steps said? I really need help I don't understand this. It was working all until I did that. What FB app the I have to install? The one on te App world?
    08-19-10 11:19 AM
    But are you guys getting the FB e-mail sent to the blackberry? I just recieved one but not the notification on the FB app like I used to have. What do I have to do online on Facebook? Do I have un-do what the steps said? I really need help I don't understand this. It was working all until I did that. What FB app the I have to install? The one on te App world?
    Rigth now, after resetting all notifications online on a PC and reinstalling facebook on BB, I am only getting one email from facebook ... no facebook notification .. so im guessin they are down at the moment?
    08-19-10 11:25 AM
    But what did you do? I went to the application settings on FB online and I see the Facebook For Blackberry Smarthphone tab but I can't click on it. How do I get it back? And what do I have to do in the Account Settings? Do I have to go to "Other Applications" like the said on the steps they wrote and unclick the Facebook for Blackberry Smartphones? Did you uninstall the whole FB app from your BB Torch?

I need help with what to do online and on the blackberry. Please and thank you!!!
    08-19-10 11:36 AM
    well to be clear, right now, all i am getting is the facebook notification Facebook.com sends to my gmail account.

and what I did was:
    1. uninstall facebook 1.8.49 from phone and reboot
    2. while its rebooting, logged into facebook on a PC
    3. clicked on account in the right top corner and chose application settings.
    4. i clicked on the x to the far right of 'facebook for blackberry smartphones' to delete
    5. when bb boots up, either download and install facebook via Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones or an OTA link posted elsewhere or app world
    6. log into facebook on the BB and thats all

All I am getting is an email notification from facebook to gmail
    Those settings are located by clicking account in upper right corner and then choose account settings then notifications ...check what box you want to receive an email for ... hope that explains anything
    08-19-10 11:51 AM
    well to be clear, right now, all i am getting is the facebook notification Facebook.com sends to my gmail account.

and what I did was:
    1. uninstall facebook 1.8.49 from phone and reboot
    2. while its rebooting, logged into facebook on a PC
    3. clicked on account in the right top corner and chose application settings.
    4. i clicked on the x to the far right of 'facebook for blackberry smartphones' to delete
    5. when bb boots up, either download and install facebook via Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones or an OTA link posted elsewhere or app world
    6. log into facebook on the BB and thats all

All I am getting is an email notification from facebook to gmail
    Those settings are located by clicking account in upper right corner and then choose account settings then notifications ...check what box you want to receive an email for ... hope that explains anything

Ok understood everything but have one more question. When I go to Account Settings and later click on Notifications, do I have to check or uncheck where it says "Facebook For Blackberry Smartphones"? D you have it with a check or unchecked?
    08-19-10 11:56 AM
    Ok understood everything but have one more question. When I go to Account Settings and later click on Notifications, do I have to check or uncheck where it says "Facebook For Blackberry Smartphones"? D you have it with a check or unchecked?
    Right now i have that box checked. I have tried it without it being checked and it still resulted in the same thing ... so for now i have it checked just bc it came checked after installing the facebook app on BB (when installing the app on BB it changed your notification settings from what I seen)
    08-19-10 12:01 PM
    In the Facebook notifications screen on the PC which boxes should I have checked? Im kinda confused right now waaaaa haha
    08-19-10 12:27 PM
    Ok thanks for everything! This is the last question (lol): In the application seeting I had deleted Facebook for BB Smartphones like you told me and like the other person said, so the tab can't be clicked right? Like it used to be? I still have that tab but I can't click it anymore. Do you have it like that as well?

08-19-10 12:37 PM
    In the Facebook notifications screen on the PC which boxes should I have checked? Im kinda confused right now waaaaa haha
    You should check what boxes you would want facebook to send emails for lol. These are hard emails, that will come regardless of notifications from facebook app

Ok thanks for everything! This is the last question (lol): In the application seeting I had deleted Facebook for BB Smartphones like you told me and like the other person said, so the tab can't be clicked right? Like it used to be? I still have that tab but I can't click it anymore. Do you have it like that as well?

Once you delete the application from the application settings, the box is unchecked under notifications ... when you reinstall facebook app, that box becomes checked ..so i left mine checked
    08-19-10 12:41 PM
    It doesn't affect anything if I put a check even if I haven't reinstalled the app yet? Or should I uncheck it?

08-19-10 12:52 PM
    Do I install the one in the App World, the link that's on Crackberry or the one in blackberry.com/facebook?

08-19-10 12:55 PM
    I used to get the double notification thing as well.

The way I solved it was to log into my online service provider account (In this case Tmo) and set up a filter in my Blackberry Email account to not push anything from the FB email address that it sends notifications from.

I did the same to my Gmail account. It just dumps them in folder I titled FB Notifications.
    08-19-10 01:07 PM
    noone has the jad file for FB 1.7.0.22?
    There was an option to leave notification on email server which I liked (but it wouldnt come to my bb twice)
    08-19-10 01:08 PM
    In regards to receiving double notifications (one via email and the other via the app)

From what i can work out the app no longer relies on the emails to receive notifications.

So what i have done is un-ticked all the email notifications in my facebook account apart from the facebook for blackberry one and i am now receiving notifications on the app and none via email.

I have also noticed that the app seems to interact with my facebook account. What used to happen is i would look at a notification on my blackberry and then when i logged into facebook it would be there again, this doesnt seem to happen anymore and once i have looked at it on the app it doesnt show up on my facebook homepage as new

I hope what i put makes sence
    08-19-10 03:14 PM
    I'm having the same trouble I had before when I upgraded to 1.7 where the icon doesn't show up anywhere on my Blackberry after I upgrade. Any idea what keeps causing this or what I can do to fix it yet again? Thanks!
    08-19-10 03:34 PM
    In regards to receiving double notifications (one via email and the other via the app)

From what i can work out the app no longer relies on the emails to receive notifications.

So what i have done is un-ticked all the email notifications in my facebook account apart from the facebook for blackberry one and i am now receiving notifications on the app and none via email.

I have also noticed that the app seems to interact with my facebook account. What used to happen is i would look at a notification on my blackberry and then when i logged into facebook it would be there again, this doesnt seem to happen anymore and once i have looked at it on the app it doesnt show up on my facebook homepage as new

I hope what i put makes sence

Ok so what you did was go online to your account and unchecked everything and just left the Facebook for Blackberry Smartphones with a check mark on and now you're just recieving the notifications and not the email. Just like it used to be right?
    08-19-10 03:37 PM
    I'm having the same trouble I had before when I upgraded to 1.7 where the icon doesn't show up anywhere on my Blackberry after I upgrade. Any idea what keeps causing this or what I can do to fix it yet again? Thanks!
    I have seen some people suggesting that changing themes on your device can make the facebook icon reappear.

Ok so what you did was go online to your account and unchecked everything and just left the Facebook for Blackberry Smartphones with a check mark on and now you're just recieving the notifications and not the email. Just like it used to be right?
    Yeah so long as you are receiving notifications on the app in the first place that should stop the emails and just let the app notify you.

Hope it works
    08-19-10 03:42 PM
    Correct. The only thing you want checked is FB for BB.

There honestly seems to be absolutely no lag with notifications...except I still have coming through from this morning from before I went through these steps.
    08-19-10 03:44 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD