I'm gonna keep this as short as I can. I have the 9700 and Captivate before buying the Torch last week. The phone is great. The clacking of the screen bothered me a bit, but then my front buttons fell off so I quickly exchanged it.

The replacement is perfect and no clacking whatsoever. I surely believe it was just a one off bad build. I am now using the phone full time. I have put the 9700 away and I have stopped using the captivate all together. If you're on the fence about getting the phone just go get it. You won't be disappointed. The phone is quick and solid. RIM did the right thing and put in a much need webkit browser. In all this Torch has all the best things about a Blackberry with a splash awesomess. Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 11:58 PM
    Can't agree with you more! I love the phone. I don't regret my decision in buying it at all.
    08-19-10 01:54 AM
    WOW!!! Has it been a week already?!?
    Couldn't agree more! Love this device!!! FINALLY a great browser on a BBerry, and the touchscreen/keyboard combination is perfect!
    I LOVE my Torch!

08-19-10 03:58 AM
    Have you experienced any annoying niggles or lags?
    08-19-10 04:05 AM
    hey guys/gals do you torch owners experience lag at all? The reviews on this device are so mixed and I can't seem to find a straight answer.
    08-19-10 04:05 AM
    I have only had mine since yesterday but I can tell you it is much snappier than my 9000. There are a few software bugs running around, but they will be ironed out quickly. Oh, and your not going to get a straight answer here!!
    08-19-10 04:28 AM
    I can't believe that it has been a week as well. No issues worthy of any note thus far but I feel sure that some of the bugs will be addressed in the next update such as home screen issue of being able to select Favorites.

08-19-10 04:46 AM
    I as well have had my torch for a full week. I love this thing I switched from an iphone 4 and I'm not looking back. Yes there are a few glitches here and there but the browser and keyboard more than make up for it

08-19-10 05:22 AM
    The Torch 9800 is great, but the problem is AT&T control such as the AT&T App Center - it's crap.

I've tried to delete it and add BB App World but it's being blocked by the AT&T
    08-19-10 06:36 AM
    The Torch 9800 is great, but the problem is AT&T control such as the AT&T App Center - it's crap.

I agree we should be able to get rid of the crap we don't want, but it's pretty easy to hide it and get it out of the way. Other than that, I love the Torch - no complaints!!
    08-19-10 06:42 AM
    Going from an iPhone 3G to the Torch was great! It's nice having a phone that doesn't freeze, lock up, crash, drop calls and that you can actually answer when people call. I had difficulty at first with OS 6 but I'm getting the hang of setting things up. I've only used the keyboard once to test it out, I like using the touch pad with that BB button menu and the touch screen. People say that there's a lag when you use your finger and I've noticed a very small small small hesitation and the Invishield doesn't help. But when you use that touch pad for scrolling between pages and apps it's FAST! Youtube is crisp and loads are fast, a lot better than the iPhone3g and txt messaging is a breeze. I like the email as well. My brother wants to buy my old 3G to give to his 10yr old daughter... that's it's demographic now.
    Oh yeah.. so I got my BBT at the Best Buy by close to where I work and it was the last one available. Out of 6 Best Buys in San Antonio only 2 stores have BBT's available after a week.
    Last edited by muttley210; 08-19-10 at 07:35 AM.
    08-19-10 07:27 AM

Just hide it. BB app world should already be there.
    08-19-10 07:43 AM
    I agree... a weeks worth of using it and I'm getting more used to it and loving it more every day. My first one had the slider clack so I exchanged it on Saturday and this one is perfect. I have NONE of the 'lag' issues I've read about. I do have the 'tinny'/'robotic' voice sound on some calls (not all) and find on the ones where it happens if I hold the phone straight up and down at my ear (12 & 6 position opposed to the 10 & 4 left/2 & 8 right) it does not happen so I can live with it till .161 becomes official/less buggy or something better comes along.

I turned my 9000 off last night for good... I'm not looking back.
    08-19-10 08:05 AM
    I, too, have nothing but the best to say after a week's use. I absolutely LOVE this phone. It's simply the best device I've ever held. Day one, I kept my 9000 with me, "just in case". Well, the "case" never happened. I turned it on once to double check which programs I needed to download, and once to use the DM to transfer my data. Now it sits in a drawer as a backup.
    The 9800 is a very intuitive device, and easy to find your way around. My dream device would be this one, but the size of my 9000. Ahhh, a man can dream, right...

Later,
    Brian
    08-19-10 08:09 AM
    Going from an iPhone 3G to the Torch was great! It's nice having a phone that doesn't freeze, lock up, crash, drop calls and that you can actually answer when people call.
    i know exactly what you mean.. switching from a 3GS to a bold 9000..
    imagine how glad i am to switch to a better Blackberry device.
    some of the reviews that the other members made are biased againts this device..
    so unless you experience this for yourself..
    you will never understand the beauty of the Torch
    08-19-10 08:09 AM
    Again, it doesn't stream bluetooth correctly and you can't plug it into your car via USB. If that's important, the Torch is a fail. I loved the Torch but had to return it because it didn't provide the most important function of the device other than making calls. Otherwise, yes it is a great phone other than the bugs that will eventually get worked out. I will probably buy another one when they fix the media issues.
    08-19-10 08:53 AM
    i love my torch, i went from a iphone 4 to a captivate to a torch and dont plan on looking back, im a big social networking guy, so this is perfect for me, i love the attention that im getting when im going in stores and people ask me about my phone and how they want one so badly. get the phone guys and gals, you wont be sorry, best blackberry on the market.
    08-19-10 09:22 AM
    I have the SYNC system in my work car. It will play music fine through the "line in" aux jack - as with most stereos. I haven't tried Bluetooth streaming yet, but will, and report back as my system has the latest software updates.
    08-19-10 09:32 AM
    I have had mine for four days and have been using it for three as Monday I got home late from work and charged it so I didn't get to play with it till Tuesday on. LOVE THIS PHONE.

I had no issues with it what-so-ever. The phone that I was hoping RIM would put out and they did! Finding new things out about it everyday. Music sync is awesome as I had a lot on itunes. OS6 is also a great change. I thing the web browser is pretty damn good. No lag for me.

So far, I have had no complaints with my TORCH!
    08-19-10 09:40 AM
    wow it has been a week. Picked mine up and the next day sold my 9700 on craigslist and have not looked back at all. I have had no problems at all with it. I think it's the best blackberry out there.
    08-19-10 09:45 AM
    Again, it doesn't stream bluetooth correctly and you can't plug it into your car via USB. If that's important, the Torch is a fail. I loved the Torch but had to return it because it didn't provide the most important function of the device other than making calls. Otherwise, yes it is a great phone other than the bugs that will eventually get worked out. I will probably buy another one when they fix the media issues.
    Mine is about to arrive any minute now. I stream music to my computer via bluetooth and play music in my Accord 2008 via AUX. Are you saying I'm going to have a problem? My phone also connects to Honda's "Handsfree" via bluetooth. My PIN is posted - we could speak directly
    08-19-10 10:05 AM
    If you're on the fence about getting the phone just go get it. You won't be disappointed. The phone is quick and solid. RIM did the right thing and put in a much need webkit browser. In all this Torch has all the best things about a Blackberry with a splash awesomess. Enjoy.

I'm everything has been good for you! I can't wait to get my hands on this phone. I've always liked slider phones!

Mine is about to arrive any minute now. I stream music to my computer via bluetooth and play music in my Accord 2008 via AUX. Are you saying I'm going to have a problem? My phone also connects to Honda's "Handsfree" via bluetooth. My PIN is posted - we could speak directly

Looking forward to seeing if you have any problems. Surely someone else has tried these things out. Does anyone have a blueant device or similar that can stream music? I have a blueant device for my car that i use to talk hands free - it can't stream music but its not a big problem for me as safe driving and talking is more important to me.
    08-19-10 10:32 AM
    Again, it doesn't stream bluetooth correctly...
    Not being confrontational, but rather an honest question: How does it not stream bluetooth (audio?) correctly?

Is the SYNC system different than, say, my Motorola Rokr S9-HD bluetooth headset that streams stereo from the BB media player?
    08-19-10 10:47 AM
    i don't have any problems with the blutooth connection.
    i have a steady connection with my Pioneer Navigation unit ( AvicF700BT)
    and i don't have any problems connecting to a stereo headphones as well.
    08-19-10 10:50 AM
    I love my Torch too! I thought I'd really miss my 9000 keyboard...and I do a little...but for some reason the Torch keyboard has grown on me and I like it a lot!

Sure there are a few bugs but ever since I upgrade to .161 things have been so much faster - take this with a grain of salt though because I think my .141 install out of the box was bad - I had some laggy things that no one else was experiencing. I'm betting if I had just done a fresh re-install of .141 I'd be quite happy too. The tinny sound is gone with .161 but the notification bug is rather annoying...

Still, I love this thing - can't put it down - my girlfriend hates it right now haha.
    08-19-10 10:56 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD