US Cellular did not release OS5 for the 8330 Curve, and every time I see mention of OS6 on the Bold it says something to the extent "subject to carrier". So I'm wondering, will USCC even release OS6 for the Bold?
    08-18-10 08:23 PM
    They probably will. The 8330 can't handle OS5, so that's why. They had an update for the Tour to OS5, so OS6 for the Bold seems promising...
    08-18-10 08:28 PM
    Oh, I did not know that. I just figured it was USCC being slow/wanting less hassles.

Thanks.
    08-18-10 08:42 PM
    Also, it is being advertised by them as OS6 ready. (Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure a posted email or flyer said something along these lines.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 08:45 PM
    Oh, I did not know that. I just figured it was USCC being slow/wanting less hassles.

Thanks.
    Yeah, there's just not enough internal memory for 5. That's why none of the original Curves went higher than 4.5.
    08-18-10 09:03 PM
    Also, it is being advertised by them as OS6 ready. (Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure a posted email or flyer said something along these lines.)

Well, I did quote you right now This is what it says on their release

BlackBerry 6 is expected to be available for the BlackBerry Bold 9650, subject to certification by U.S. Cellular, in the coming months.

It's a bit ambiguous, but it seems to be leaning towards that it will.
    08-18-10 10:28 PM
    Yeah, there's just not enough internal memory for 5. That's why none of the original Curves went higher than 4.5.
    I though some of the other carriers offered 5.0 for the curves. Maybe I'm mixing them up with the newer curves?
    08-18-10 10:28 PM
    Once any 9650 gets OS 6, there is no need to wait for US Cellular. Just delete the vendor .xml and use the VZW or Sprint OS.
    08-18-10 10:51 PM
    I though some of the other carriers offered 5.0 for the curves. Maybe I'm mixing them up with the newer curves?
    The Curve 8530 runs 5.0 yes.

08-18-10 10:54 PM
    They probably will. The 8330 can't handle OS5, so that's why. They had an update for the Tour to OS5, so OS6 for the Bold seems promising...
    Actually, the original 8330 (not the 8330m) CAN handle OS5. I loaded it onto my 8330 and it worked, but was fairly unstable once I re-installed more that a couple of my needed apps. That's when I up-ed to the Tour and handed down my 8330 with OS 5.0 to my little sister. She is still using it today, but because there was so little free memory after the install, none of the carriers ever offered it as an official release and RIM even pulled it from their OS 5.0 compatability list.

08-19-10 09:29 AM
    The Blackberry site has a download for OS5 for the 8330 so I assume there are some carriers who have it available. I would guess it'd really be pushing the phone pretty hard though and likely not much to be gained by it.

08-19-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD