QuickLaunch 3.0 for the 9630/9650 is now available!

Very Important! READ THIS FIRST!!!
    There are 2 versions of QuickLaunch for the 9630/9650 An OS 5.x version and an OS 4.7.x version.

* If purchasing QL for the first time make sure you select the correct version that matches your device and OS for download.

* If you are switching from a different device in the manner described below make sure you specify the correct version.

* If you are upgrading make sure you download the correct version depending on your OS. You will have to contact mobihand/crackberry support in the manner described below if you have changed your OS since you originally purchased QuickLaunch.

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW AFTER INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery.

If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the 9630/9650 and you wish to load the 9630/9650 version on your 9630/9650 phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page and do a 'device switch'. If you have problems switching device types contact mobihand support here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.

New Features in 3.0:

Alternate Launch Methods
    Some apps were not able to be launched previously. These new options (available when adding a 3rd party app) should allow some of these apps to be launched now.

Border Size option
    You can now specify the border size of the menu to be the default size or 'Minimum' which is a thin border around the menu. (see screenshots below)

Background Color
    In addition to being able to set images for the menu background you can now specify a color. (see screenshots below)

Background Transparency
    Set the transparency level of the menu background when a color is specified. Using a background image will override this setting. (see screenshots below)

Opera Mini Support
    Option to launch websites using the Opera Mini browser (note: this feature only works if opera mini was started using this function or launched from QL originally. Starting opera mini by using it's icon will cause this feature to not work)
    Bolt browser support coming in a future update.

Screen Capture in System Menu
    Option to put the screen capture function in the system menu

Scheduled Reboot
    In addition to the reboot on demand feature you can now set a specific time of day to automatically reboot your device

Bedside Mode Shortcut

Options Subpage Shortcut
    Ability to set a shortcut to any page in the BB Options menu such as 'Themes' or 'Mobile Network'

'Larger' Font Option
    Added a new font size -'Larger'. Easier to read and select menu items (see screenshots below)

CrunchSMS Support
    Added support for the CrunchSMS app. You can now send an sms using the crunchSMS app instead of the native bb sms app

Support for Pandora, Slacker, Lister, iHeartRadio
    ... using the alternate launch methods (iHeartRadio has been reported to not launch on some hybrid OS's)

Password Toggle Shortcut
    Toggle your device password setting on or off

Phone Shortcut
    a lot of people asked for this so there it is

Menu Width Option
    Added 'Expandable' option which will allow the menu width to widen to accommodate the length of the largest menu item in the list. (see screenshots below)

Max Menu Item Text Length increased
    ... to 32 characters

Email Subject Header Option
    Option to add a subject header when adding an email address to QuickLaunch

Activation Code Support service at NikkiSoft.com
    QL 3.0 Users can now Retrieve their activation code or Request a new code after changing their device. This service is available on the 'Support' page on nikkisoft.com.

QuickLaunch Function Button Added
    There is a new button on the 'Add Items' screen - "QuickLaunch Function". This contains all the functions proprietary to QuickLaunch such as 'Bluetooth Toggle', 'Flashlight', 'Websearch', 'StayLit' etc.
    This should eliminate all the 'WTH?? MY QUICKLAUNCH DOESN'T HAVE DEVICE INFO!!! I DEMAND A REFUND RIGHT NOW!!" emails I get. maybe. we'll see.
    3rd party apps will now appear under 'Applications'.

New Icon Design
    courtesy of WJDDesigns

Check For Update Function
    The return of Check for Update feature. This should work for everyone now. QuickLaunch can now be updated directly from within the app without the need to go to your crackberry/mobihand/App World account.

To see the many other features of QuickLaunch go here: QuickLaunch Feature List

See more screenshots here...

Disclaimer:
    This update represents literally months of work. A lot of the infrastructure to the app and also to the activation process and the nikkisoft server has been changed. Therefore some of you may experience an issue with a bug or two or activation problems or something. We've tested the app to the best of our ability however 18 beta testers do not equal 1000's of users so something might come up. If you have any issues just contact nikkisoft support and I'll take care of everything as quickly as possible.

Special thanks to the Beta testers' hard work in helping me get this version ready.
    3.0 Beta testers should contact me on how to receive their free copy of QuickLaunch 3.0.

Special thanks to Wayne at WJDDesigns for developing the icon and artwork. Hit him up for all your design needs. WJD Designs

Extra Special thanks to Shao for his help with this release. To show your appreciation and support take a look
    at his line of excellent apps here: ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Home

QuickLaunch A to Z Review Video here:

QuickLaunch Demo Video here:

Crackberry Idol QuickLaunch Review Video here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased after January 31st, 2010: Free
    Current owners who've purchased on or before January 31st, 2010: $1.99 at NikkiSoft/Mobihand/Crackberry
    New Customers: $4.99

QuickLaunch 3.0 is not yet available on App World.
    It has been submitted for approval.

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 08-18-10 at 04:39 PM.
    08-18-10 04:33 PM
    i was one of the beta testers for QL 3.X and i must say this app now rocks big time. a week of testing going through all kinds of trial and errors but all in all it was all worth it...even communicating with the dev was a lot better than some of the apps i was a beta tester for. the dev was right on with answering right back when i came across a hiccup (mainly errors on my part, over reading what was being tested at that time). great job on this new version of QL
    08-18-10 04:50 PM
    @#@#$@!!! I forgot to do something for 9650 version.
    If you've already downloaded you'll have to download again from your account,
    not via 'check for update' after you get the next update email in a few mins.
    08-18-10 04:58 PM
    I was just about to upgrade, but I see that it costs $1.99 in order to do so.
    Wish I had a promo code of some sort.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 05:06 PM
    OK. fixed. 9650 owners should redownload the 9650 version from your mobi/crack account.

NOT FROM CHECK FOR UPDATES!
    08-18-10 05:11 PM
    Upgraded... Fantastic !
    08-18-10 05:11 PM
    Cool. Thanks.
    +10char
    08-18-10 05:18 PM
    Just upgraded. So far so good Didn't even think twice about the upgrade price. $1.99 is a small price to pay for one the best apps on my BlackBerry!
    08-18-10 05:53 PM
    Got the upgrade and cannot find or figure out how to find the bedside mode shortcut. I know I'm techno-slow, so can ya give a brother a hint Cheetah LOL!
    08-18-10 06:32 PM
    quicklaunch function button
    08-18-10 06:33 PM
    Doh!!! Stupid stupidLOL
    08-18-10 06:38 PM
    Just purchased full version for the third time (not complaining or trying to get anything for free).

Its came a long way. Very impressed and happy.

One question, I don't run any weather software because from my experience it drains the battery. Does having the weather on the quicklaunch bar drain the battery? How often does it update?

08-18-10 07:00 PM
    I bought QL for my tour about a year ago. The Tour got damaged and they upgraded me to the Bold 9650. Can I use the 9630 upgrade or do I have to buy the complete item for the 9650?

Thanks
    bob
    08-18-10 07:13 PM
    It wont let me type letters instead of numbers for an activation code, and that wont let me activate this. What to do?
    08-18-10 07:30 PM
    CheetahAce... I have used QL since I bought my Tour last Oct and loved it, now with this upgrade, all I can say is you guys did a SUPER, SUPER job on this version!! It is awesome.... thank you for your excellant work, you have a totally #1 BB app for sure!!!!!
    08-19-10 12:10 AM
    OK. fixed. 9650 owners should redownload the 9650 version from your mobi/crack account.

NOT FROM CHECK FOR UPDATES!

What was the "fix" that you were referring to here? And is this fix what generated 3.0.3.1? If so, I'm good.
    08-19-10 09:56 AM
    the fix was that the 9650 check for update function was pointing to 9630 version.
    08-19-10 01:47 PM
    oh, ok. So I am good as I have 3.0.3.1.

Thanks as always for your hard work and customer support!!!!
    08-19-10 01:50 PM
    I've upgraded and most everything works, but now on my tour when I click in QL to go to my media-pictures or media-ringtones it just dumps me into the common media folder not directly into my pictues, etc. How do I get it to work correctly? Also, the delete call log doesn't work, and I also noticed that it has been removed from the list of choices in QL. Why?
    Last edited by Sparkyvett; 08-19-10 at 02:53 PM.
    08-19-10 02:22 PM
    Just upgraded, thanks to CheetahAce for your efforts to keep advancing and expanding the capability of QL. Happy to pay a small upgrade charge to support the dev!

I am having one issue, thought I'd post it here in case others encounter the same. The QL window appears (on my 9630, OS5.0) to be offset to the right a little? This cuts off the date display and sub-menu names. Screenshot attached. I have tried the expandable and standard menu width options but they don't seem to make a difference.

I do note that if I change to the "minimal" menu border width, the issue is no longer present. I prefer the original menu style, personally - is this due to something I am doing incorrectly in the new settings?

08-19-10 04:04 PM
    I originally bought QL through App World (my mistake for not using mobihand/crackberry store). Can I purchase the update through mobihand? If not, its probably worth deleting my copy and just re-purchasing the full version from mobihand/cb).
    08-19-10 04:28 PM
    I've upgraded and most everything works, but now on my tour when I click in QL to go to my media-pictures or media-ringtones it just dumps me into the common media folder not directly into my pictues, etc. How do I get it to work correctly? Also, the delete call log doesn't work, and I also noticed that it has been removed from the list of choices in QL. Why?
    maybe you have the wrong version for you phone.
    delete call log hasnt worked in 5.0 for a year and a half. rim api bug so i removed it
    08-19-10 05:47 PM
    Just upgraded, thanks to CheetahAce for your efforts to keep advancing and expanding the capability of QL. Happy to pay a small upgrade charge to support the dev!

I am having one issue, thought I'd post it here in case others encounter the same. The QL window appears (on my 9630, OS5.0) to be offset to the right a little? This cuts off the date display and sub-menu names. Screenshot attached. I have tried the expandable and standard menu width options but they don't seem to make a difference.

I do note that if I change to the "minimal" menu border width, the issue is no longer present. I prefer the original menu style, personally - is this due to something I am doing incorrectly in the new settings?

as a quick test try changing your theme to another theme from a different company. if it works then it's your theme. if not email me
    08-19-10 05:48 PM
    Cheetah, AWESOME upgrade, thanks. I cannot figure out how to add screen capture to my QL menu, the way it is on this afternoons pic on the CB blog. Wudnt it be in >add items >apps >screen capture? Its not on the list off apps. I do have it enabled on BB menu. I know its an EZ fix, I my dumba$$ can't find it.

Last edited by rabbithunter; 08-19-10 at 07:22 PM.
    08-19-10 07:19 PM
    for you verizon guys, when you go to Options->advanced options->GPS, does a window pop up saying "turning location on will allow the network to detect your position" where you have to press ok before you can get to the gps settings? I'm trying to setup the gps toggle but I think its getting stuck on that window
    08-19-10 07:41 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD