QuickLaunch 3.0 for the 9630/9650 is now available!

Very Important! READ THIS FIRST!!!
    There are 2 versions of QuickLaunch for the 9630/9650 An OS 5.x version and an OS 4.7.x version.

* If purchasing QL for the first time make sure you select the correct version that matches your device and OS for download.

* If you are switching from a different device in the manner described below make sure you specify the correct version.

* If you are upgrading make sure you download the correct version depending on your OS. You will have to contact mobihand/crackberry support in the manner described below if you have changed your OS since you originally purchased QuickLaunch.

Note: YOU MUST SET ALL PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW AFTER INSTALLATION FOR THIS RELEASE TO WORK PROPERLY!

Go to Options, Applications, QuickLaunch. Highlight QuickLaunch; don't click it.
    Hit the menu key. Select Edit Permissions. Set ALL permissions to Deny. Save. Then set ALL to Allow. Then save. Then pull the battery.

If you are a current owner of QuickLaunch for a device other than the 9630/9650 and you wish to load the 9630/9650 version on your 9630/9650 phone and you did NOT purchase from Blackberry App World you must sign in to your account page and do a 'device switch'. If you have problems switching device types contact mobihand support here: Smartphone Software and Accessories- MobiHand Software Store Support
    and then click on the link that says 'Contact Us'.

New Features in 3.0:

Alternate Launch Methods
    Some apps were not able to be launched previously. These new options (available when adding a 3rd party app) should allow some of these apps to be launched now.

Border Size option
    You can now specify the border size of the menu to be the default size or 'Minimum' which is a thin border around the menu. (see screenshots below)

Background Color
    In addition to being able to set images for the menu background you can now specify a color. (see screenshots below)

Background Transparency
    Set the transparency level of the menu background when a color is specified. Using a background image will override this setting. (see screenshots below)

Opera Mini Support
    Option to launch websites using the Opera Mini browser (note: this feature only works if opera mini was started using this function or launched from QL originally. Starting opera mini by using it's icon will cause this feature to not work)
    Bolt browser support coming in a future update.

Screen Capture in System Menu
    Option to put the screen capture function in the system menu

Scheduled Reboot
    In addition to the reboot on demand feature you can now set a specific time of day to automatically reboot your device

Bedside Mode Shortcut

Options Subpage Shortcut
    Ability to set a shortcut to any page in the BB Options menu such as 'Themes' or 'Mobile Network'

'Larger' Font Option
    Added a new font size -'Larger'. Easier to read and select menu items (see screenshots below)

CrunchSMS Support
    Added support for the CrunchSMS app. You can now send an sms using the crunchSMS app instead of the native bb sms app

Support for Pandora, Slacker, Lister, iHeartRadio
    ... using the alternate launch methods (iHeartRadio has been reported to not launch on some hybrid OS's)

Password Toggle Shortcut
    Toggle your device password setting on or off

Phone Shortcut
    a lot of people asked for this so there it is

Menu Width Option
    Added 'Expandable' option which will allow the menu width to widen to accommodate the length of the largest menu item in the list. (see screenshots below)

Max Menu Item Text Length increased
    ... to 32 characters

Email Subject Header Option
    Option to add a subject header when adding an email address to QuickLaunch

Activation Code Support service at NikkiSoft.com
    QL 3.0 Users can now Retrieve their activation code or Request a new code after changing their device. This service is available on the 'Support' page on nikkisoft.com.

QuickLaunch Function Button Added
    There is a new button on the 'Add Items' screen - "QuickLaunch Function". This contains all the functions proprietary to QuickLaunch such as 'Bluetooth Toggle', 'Flashlight', 'Websearch', 'StayLit' etc.
    This should eliminate all the 'WTH?? MY QUICKLAUNCH DOESN'T HAVE DEVICE INFO!!! I DEMAND A REFUND RIGHT NOW!!" emails I get. maybe. we'll see.
    3rd party apps will now appear under 'Applications'.

New Icon Design
    courtesy of WJDDesigns

Check For Update Function
    The return of Check for Update feature. This should work for everyone now. QuickLaunch can now be updated directly from within the app without the need to go to your crackberry/mobihand/App World account.

To see the many other features of QuickLaunch go here: QuickLaunch Feature List

See more screenshots here...

Disclaimer:
    This update represents literally months of work. A lot of the infrastructure to the app and also to the activation process and the nikkisoft server has been changed. Therefore some of you may experience an issue with a bug or two or activation problems or something. We've tested the app to the best of our ability however 18 beta testers do not equal 1000's of users so something might come up. If you have any issues just contact nikkisoft support and I'll take care of everything as quickly as possible.

Special thanks to the Beta testers' hard work in helping me get this version ready.
    3.0 Beta testers should contact me on how to receive their free copy of QuickLaunch 3.0.

Special thanks to Wayne at WJDDesigns for developing the icon and artwork. Hit him up for all your design needs. WJD Designs

Extra Special thanks to Shao for his help with this release. To show your appreciation and support take a look
    at his line of excellent apps here: ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Home

QuickLaunch A to Z Review Video here:

QuickLaunch Demo Video here:

Crackberry Idol QuickLaunch Review Video here:

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased after January 31st, 2010: Free
    Current owners who've purchased on or before January 31st, 2010: $1.99 at NikkiSoft/Mobihand/Crackberry
    New Customers: $4.99

QuickLaunch 3.0 is not yet available on App World.
    It has been submitted for approval.

For more information please visit: NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

QuickLaunch

Thank you.
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 08-18-10 at 04:42 PM.
    08-18-10 04:29 PM
    Do I need a code to get the free upgrade? I purchase it on March 21st 2010 and the store is wanting to charge me $1.99.
    08-18-10 04:50 PM
    i just updated to this. pretty sweet
    08-18-10 05:13 PM
    if you downloaded the 9650 version and you have version 3.0.3 you need to download again from your account page to get 3.0.3.1.

Do not use 'check for updates' till u get 3.0.3.1 from mobi/crack.
    08-18-10 05:22 PM
    great update! You guys will not be disappointed!
    08-18-10 05:36 PM
    Do I need a code to get the free upgrade? I purchase it on March 21st 2010 and the store is wanting to charge me $1.99.
    Same here. I just purchased a week ago and its asking me to pay the $1.99. Am I not eligible for the free upgrade?
    08-18-10 06:00 PM
    Downloaded the upgrade for 1.99 from mobi direct and now I have the wrong version. I'm on 9650 5.0 now and originally I was on 9630 4.7.

Help. What did I do wrong with the versions? I tried following the directions from the email received about the upgrade but I must have done something wrong.

UPDATE*** Just went to my account page and did a "swap to another version" and it flagged it for the 9650 version for my phone. DLing again now. I'll make sure once that is done that I have the correct version. Am I doing this part right?
    08-18-10 06:04 PM
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    QuickLaunch 3.0.3.1
    OS 5.0.0.732 Verizonwireless

Will the Scheduled Device Reset work if I have a device password set? I didn't see an option to input the device password like Quick Pull has.

Thanks for the update
    08-18-10 06:12 PM
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    QuickLaunch 3.0.3.1
    OS 5.0.0.732 Verizonwireless

Will the Scheduled Device Reset work if I have a device password set? I didn't see an option to input the device password like Quick Pull has.

Thanks for the update
    No. never thought about this.
    I'll add that soon.
    08-18-10 06:14 PM
    Downloaded the upgrade for 1.99 from mobi direct and now I have the wrong version. I'm on 9650 5.0 now and originally I was on 9630 4.7.

Help. What did I do wrong with the versions? I tried following the directions from the email received about the upgrade but I must have done something wrong.

UPDATE*** Just went to my account page and did a "swap to another version" and it flagged it for the 9650 version for my phone. DLing again now. I'll make sure once that is done that I have the correct version. Am I doing this part right?
    yes.
    +10char
    08-18-10 06:15 PM
    Same here. I just purchased a week ago and its asking me to pay the $1.99. Am I not eligible for the free upgrade?
    try again now.
    08-18-10 06:17 PM
    Thanks for helping me destress. Why I do about this stuff, I don't know.

Anyways, I am glad I upgraded for the $1.99. I am happy to have the new options and functions though my usage will not change too much. I like having the transparency settings, but I find I am using a (texture) image more often.

BTW, one desired feature change: My aging 44 year old eyes are quite happy to have the larger font for the menu. But it looks like it only applies to the main menu. Would it be possible to change it so the QL options sub-menu displays with the larger fonts too?

Great work and great support as always!!! Thanks!!!!!!!
    08-18-10 06:43 PM
    i think the options menu does use larger font too.
    08-18-10 07:20 PM
    It's not...at least not on mine. I get the larger font no the main menu, but as soon as I hit the BB key for the secondary menu, it's back to the smaller font.

Anything you want me to try?
    08-18-10 10:36 PM
    try again now.
    It worked, thanks! Love the App.
    08-19-10 12:43 AM
    I paid for the upgrade but can't download it. I get a "this link has expired" message. I've signed into my account and resent the download link several times and always get the same message. Also tried updating thru the crackberry app store app and get the same error.

Why won't it let me download the new version?
    08-19-10 04:48 AM
    I paid for the upgrade but can't download it. I get a "this link has expired" message. I've signed into my account and resent the download link several times and always get the same message. Also tried updating thru the crackberry app store app and get the same error.

Why won't it let me download the new version?
    Was now able to get the new version. Very Nice!!

Thanks!
    08-19-10 08:36 AM
    And once again the wait is on Why did this have to be one of the very few apps I got on App World?
    08-19-10 10:34 AM
    the new font is sooo nice. I agree with the other person in that menu is not a bigger font. This would be the one to add items etc. It still appears smallish to my 44 year old eyes. The other new features are great....good job on a great product.
    08-19-10 10:34 AM
    for some reason i got the wrong version, 3.0.3 instead of 3.0.3.1 for my 9650. any ideas?
    08-19-10 11:11 AM
    I think you may need to log into your account on mobihand.com and update from there. It will send you an email with the new OTA location......
    08-19-10 01:14 PM
    I've noticed a glitch in the 9630 version. (I don't know if it's 5.0 or 4.7. I'm it doesn't say at all on my app page here at Crackberry) but when I have Media-Pictures set in my list and try to bring it up, all it does is take me to the app screen or the media folder. Never straight into pictures like it did in the previous version. I've done multiple resets, and multiple permissions changes, but it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
    08-19-10 11:44 PM
    Looking forward to the update for my 8900! ETA for this?
    08-20-10 12:06 AM
    I have the latest v3.0.3.1 for my 9650. The updated features are great.

I have an issue with transitions themes. When the QL menu swings out from the right edge, the screen behind goes blank/black. It is only intermittant, but does not happen at all when I change to a stock theme(in this case, the Precision Zen theme). I've loaded three different themes with the same result.

Is there a control setting that I need to change to make QL work correctly with transitions themes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 12:31 AM
    still keeps sending 3.03 (even repurchased 3.03.1) still only loads 3.03
    08-20-10 06:19 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD