So I've been a long time bb user. Last week I decided to go Droid with the incredible. I'm not one of those "Rim hasn't made changes screw this" because I was content with my bold9650 but I wanted a change just to see what this Android was about. To my surprise, I really like the phone. But as stupid as it sounds, I was a little upset while wiping my bold that this really meant no more bb. I do miss the push notifications from my bb and bbm. I know OS6 is coming but is it enough to return my Droid and start back with bb? I know they say user preference but the phones do exactly what I need minus push not and bbm onthe incredible. Really just looking for opinions and incite before I make my final decision. Thanks.
    08-18-10 03:34 PM
    Keep waiting until the OS drops until then enjoy your incredible. Had a Droid and came back to the crack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 03:50 PM
    Who really cares?

If you're looking for others for insight to influence your final decision then obviously you're not deciding for yourself or choosing based on YOUR needs. You're submitting to being the cool kid on the block with whatever device it is people are telling you too buy into.

Make up your own mind, it's not that hard.
    08-18-10 03:55 PM
    Who really cares?

If you're looking for others for insight to influence your final decision then obviously you're not deciding for yourself or choosing based on YOUR needs. You're submitting to being the cool kid on the block with whatever device it is people are telling you too buy into.

Make up your own mind, it's not that hard.
    Hmmm I'm afraid I have to agree, choose for yourself, you gotta live with it. I have liked what BB has done since 4.6 so I've stuck with it, the community is just a bonus..

Sack up please

08-18-10 04:11 PM
    how bout just keep both???
    08-18-10 04:18 PM
    Lol I wasn't looking to get flamed here. I was more or less grabbing insight from people who might have done the same like go back and forth.
    08-18-10 04:33 PM
    He is just looking for an opinion that is all. I will throw in my two cents for all its worth...

I am currently experimenting with a Droid X and still running my 9650. Am I ready to leave my Bold, um not quite sure myself. Yes the X is new and different; it has lots of fun features and cool apps; but that is just it...its all kind of fun stuff that simpy makes it difficult to do what I find so easy on the Bold.

Again it is a different format and device so I will play with it for a few more days; and I won't run both cause I don't have the money to have two data packages, but at this moment I will go back to my Bold..regardless of Os^6
    08-18-10 04:37 PM
    Make a list of your needs and prioritize.

Here is an example
    1. Messaging
    2. Email
    3. Sound profiles
    4. Battery life
    5. Durability

Then match the list with a device for you. Old smartphone guys like are amused at how much these things have become toys for adults. I perceive it as more of a tool. Blackberries are great for the needs above. If your needs are different then go with a different device. This isn't a religion nor are you offending or betraying anyone. Try it out. I think that people make it way too much than what it is.
    08-18-10 05:07 PM
    Make a list of your needs and prioritize.

Here is an example
    1. Messaging
    2. Email
    3. Sound profiles
    4. Battery life
    5. Durability

Then match the list with a device for you. Old smartphone guys like are amused at how much these things have become toys for adults. I perceive it as more of a tool. Blackberries are great for the needs above. If your needs are different then go with a different device. This isn't a religion nor are you offending or betraying anyone. Try it out. I think that people make it way too much than what it is.

You're right. Maybe I am. Lol. I've just used a bb for years that now I'm using Android and I like it but I have always loved BB so that's what confused me. I'm not looking to be a pain inthe ***. Lol. Just looking for opinions.
    08-18-10 05:23 PM
    Play a lot and some work..not many actual phone calls...Droid

Work a lot and some play and lots of messaging , phone calls etc. BB

08-18-10 05:31 PM
    heres my .02...

I'm currently using Pre Plus but I'm headed back to RIM In a couple of weeks. webOS (the OS on my Pre) is absolute near perfection as far as ease of use & stability. Not to mention the fun factor! Four months ago I swore webOS would be my be-all end-all of smartphones.

then one day, I made the (good) mistake of picking up a Bold in the VZW store while waiting to get a car charger. It brought back that feeling I had when I was a Curve user. So I came home, got online and found OS6 info & videos. I'm addicted again! It took ALOT to pull webOS outta my hands but the Bold/OS6 combo has done it. I'm banking on OS6 being as good on the bold as it looks to be on the Torch, but BB hardware feels the best to me. There's a connection there that can't be matched....so my therapist says...lol

seriously tho, a BB fits my needs to a T and the Bold fits my hands and eyes just the same. I can't wait to get back to it. Bells & whistles are nice, but I want something to be productive & easy to use and BB is it for me. That's what you gotta decide.

08-18-10 06:25 PM
    heres my .02...

I'm currently using Pre Plus but I'm headed back to RIM In a couple of weeks. webOS (the OS on my Pre) is absolute near perfection as far as ease of use & stability. Not to mention the fun factor! Four months ago I swore webOS would be my be-all end-all of smartphones.

then one day, I made the (good) mistake of picking up a Bold in the VZW store while waiting to get a car charger. It brought back that feeling I had when I was a Curve user. So I came home, got online and found OS6 info & videos. I'm addicted again! It took ALOT to pull webOS outta my hands but the Bold/OS6 combo has done it. I'm banking on OS6 being as good on the bold as it looks to be on the Torch, but BB hardware feels the best to me. There's a connection there that can't be matched....so my therapist says...lol

seriously tho, a BB fits my needs to a T and the Bold fits my hands and eyes just the same. I can't wait to get back to it. Bells & whistles are nice, but I want something to be productive & easy to use and BB is it for me. That's what you gotta decide.

thats my thinking...which is why its back to the Bold. .
    08-18-10 07:12 PM
    heres my .02...

Same here, former WebOS abuser but hardware couldn't match software. I also agree with poster that made comment about the older smartphone owner crowd that isn't just jumping into their first smartphone. I tried following Palm but they failed on the features that made them great.

If you want to try OS6 and what it will be like on touchpad, just try a Torch but don't touch the touch screen. It looked faster than OS5 and the messaging/calendar app speed meets my requirements. When I had WebOS, calendar was a joke. Palm used to be a PIM leader but on my Pre it sometimes took 30 seconds for all of my calendars to load for a particular day depending on network coverage (it seemed to not store but rather pull from cloud everytime for calendars.

08-19-10 12:51 AM
    I actually love webOS. Don't have any issues with the software, especially with all the patches & homebrew apps available. It's very customizable. The hardware is just bad. Period. Blackberry was my first smartphone & I guess that's why I have such a love for em.

I just don't like Android. Nor do I like Motorola products. HTC hardware is probably the most reliable made, but they obviously don't believe in physical keyboards. Honestlt, HP should just make webOS a 3rd party OS and sell it as such imho.

08-19-10 01:03 PM
    It's not that customizable, even with patches... You can patch a lot, but when it comes to actual customization of the way things are, looks and notifications, etc, it's extremely limited compared to most OSes...
    08-19-10 01:04 PM
    Im currently running android. My berry is out for repair. The idea was to sell the berry, in fact found the issue when i was getting it all ready to sell to someone. But always have been second guessing the decision to sell the 9700. I like the web browsing a lot in android with a 4" screen. App selection is great also. But I miss having a real keyboard, miss the notification system, miss bbm, definetely miss the battery life. Im hoping once I get the 9700 back from repair, os6 will be available so I can try it out and make my decision, though Im really leaning towards the 9700.
    08-20-10 04:01 PM
    I tried Android too and it lasted about a 3 weeks. Went back to blackberry and will never go back to Android again...it was good but just not for me.
    08-20-10 04:17 PM
    I tried Android too and it lasted about a 3 weeks. Went back to blackberry and will never go back to Android again...it was good but just not for me.
    I feel pretty much the same way. Though I wont say never, who knows, I might end up keeping the phone, but I probably wont. Android is nice but I feel the BB is more for me. At first I used to web browse non stop on android and dl tonnes of apps, but thats slowed down a whole lot and Im not doing a tonne of browsing and most of the apps I dont use,the ones I do, theres an equivalent on bb.
    08-20-10 05:42 PM
    The BlackBerry hardware and software (OS) and well designed and rock stable. Both have evolved over a number of years and they work together really well.

I have no intention of moving to a newly released OS and being guinea pig whilst the OS gets it's bugs and features fixed.

I'll stay with BlackBerrys thanks.
    08-21-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD