The bold can do a lot of things business wise and personal but do u guys really use all the features on the bb or just call and text????
    08-18-10 12:55 PM
    I used everything... my BOLD is like my personal organizer. I use my task, calendar, memo's and just about everything for business and personal use. I don't leave home without it It's one of the best daytimers I have ever used in all my 20 some old years of life
    08-18-10 12:57 PM
    i too use my Bold for everything it can offer, from texting, to emails, to web surfing, etc. if you own a blackberry for just talk and texting, then you bought the wrong phone. maybe need a razr if that's all anyone will do with their blackberry lol
    08-18-10 01:00 PM
    Things I do/have done on my BlackBerry:

• Phone calls
    • SMS
    • MMS
    • BBM
    • sent voice notes
    • take pictures
    • show off pics of my kids/pets/darts, etc...
    • shoot videos
    • listened to Visual Voice Mail
    • used Voice-activated dialing with my Jawbone BT headset
    • web
    • Find local stuff (Google Maps, Poynt)
    • Get directions (Google Maps)
    • un-lost myself in a strange neighborhood (Google maps, GPS)
    • listen to music
    • watched Season 1 of Heroes
    • keep my wife's and my calendars synced
    • boarded a plane by displaying the boarding pass barcode on my BB screen
    • scanned a store discount card by displaying it on my BB
    • located objects in the dark with the LED flash
    • settled MANY, MANY pub bets
    • post to Twitter
    • post to LiveJournal (back in the day)
    • post to Facebook
    • purchased movie tickets (Fandango app and mobile site)
    • transferred files from 1 PC to another via sneakernet
    • documented a motor vehicle collision (camera, Memopad)
    • paid bills
    • transferred bank funds
    • checked traffic conditions
    • checked weather (BeWeather Free)
    • wasted buttloads of time playing games like Addictive Tower Defense, Jumbles, Pixelated, poker, BrickBreaker, etc...
    • woken myself up for work on business trips (Alarm clock)
    • provided BB, iPad, and PC tech support to friends and family members
    • embarrassed friends online
    • sniffed WiFi networks
    • read fine print using camera zoom
    • timed tasks using the timer and stopwatch functions
    • created and maintained a Dungeons & Dragons character

Yeah. I'd say I use it. I don't watch too many videos, and I don't use Tasks very much, but I think it's safe to say I've used every major built-in function of my BlackBerry at some point, and most of them on a regular basis.
    Last edited by rrrebo; 08-18-10 at 01:23 PM.
    08-18-10 01:17 PM
    I use every aspect of my BB. There isn't any thing on this phone I don't use often.
    08-18-10 01:32 PM
    Think your asking the wrong crowd this question. This is a blackberry enthusiast website we use our berries to the fullest
    08-18-10 01:45 PM
    Nope. I leave it in its shrine and stare at it for hours on end

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 01:47 PM
    I'm lucky if I break 200 minutes and 10 text messages a month.

But constantly use BBM, Yahoo IM, and email. Not sure I'd be able to get through a day with the calendar and tasks. Love the memo pad too, have a few hundred memos in there, ranging from important school and work stuff to Walmart Bingo. Browser gets used often enough too.

Love my BB, and everything it can do...
    08-18-10 01:53 PM
    Ditto on the personal organizer bit, my BB is the electronic part of my brain that never forgets anything plus it's great for when I'm out and about and need to look something up - business, food, coffee, movie, etc. My wife on the other hand just needs a device that calls and texts, and her EnV Touch excels at that.

08-18-10 02:01 PM
    Absolutely. Besides being a great phone, my Bold is truly my personal digital assistant. It really helps to keep me organized. I have only been a BlackBerry user for two months, and I am still discovering new (to me ) functionality of this amazing device. I also stare at it a lot because it is so aesthetically pleasing.
    08-18-10 02:02 PM
    I talk to a few people with bbs about os6. And other features at work and they look at me like I was speaking another language and they say " I just use for calling and texting and it has good batterylife" and I'm thinking am I the only one that knows the true power of the bb lol
    08-18-10 02:12 PM
    I went away for the weekend and didn't take my computer. Instead, used my Bold for everything. So I texted, called, used it for turn by turn directions, read/wrote email, surfed the web, took notes, used facebook, updated my calendar, and used it as an alarm clock. Frankly my laptop will probably stay at home on trips from now on, unless I will need to do a LOT of writing.

The Bold really is a little pocket computer, love it.
    08-18-10 02:33 PM
    I went away for the weekend and didn't take my computer. Instead, used my Bold for everything. So I texted, called, used it for turn by turn directions, read/wrote email, surfed the web, took notes, used facebook, updated my calendar, and used it as an alarm clock. Frankly my laptop will probably stay at home on trips from now on, unless I will need to do a LOT of writing.

I agree!

10 char.
    08-18-10 04:24 PM
    The bold can text?

08-18-10 04:36 PM

That's exactly why I have a Storm2, it's like a tiny netbook lol

08-18-10 05:13 PM
    I just got back from a Vegas trip, and my wife wanted to take her laptop. I put my foot down and told use your damn crackberry. I use my to the best of my knowlege and still learning more.
    08-18-10 05:19 PM
    - I gave up mt Franklin Planner for my BB after using that planner everyday for 30 years and since switching to the BB haven't needed anything but my BB. I use it everyday

08-18-10 05:21 PM
    I use everything that's available on this device, both for business and personal.

08-18-10 09:57 PM
    ...In fact I have two. I have a Storm 2 for personal use and a Bold 9650 for work. I tried using only one, but with nearly 200 emails a day plus 15 or 20 calls my personal calls and messages were getting buried. So to two I went.
    08-18-10 10:15 PM
    what kinda ? is this ofc i use my bold 9650 i would be lost without it it keeps me organized and connected in every aspect..
    08-19-10 12:43 AM
    Based on the OP's original title and question, I'd speculate that they're not a business user.

Get a consumer device and learn how to spell "you" and "your".
    08-19-10 08:36 AM
    I have over 25 apps on my Bold....I use BBM, BIS and BES. Its also my primary mp3 player just cause its easier than carrying a second device and is a pretty good mp3 player with the new desktop manager sync ability.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-19-10 09:12 AM
    Awesome, awesome thread.
    08-19-10 01:16 PM
    nah i just like to spend money to look cool ...........lol

I use everything, yes
    08-19-10 01:23 PM
    I think the one thing I do the *least* on my Berry is talk; my last month's usage was 9 minutes -- data, on the other hand...
    08-19-10 05:43 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD