I find it humerous how many defensive BB owners there are here in this forum. So somebody like myself posts a thread stating I'm moving on to Android because I've had a disappointing experience with RIM/BB. It seems that more than half of the responses are childish defensive comebacks even when all I was trying to do was share my experience as a Storm 1 & Storm 2 owner.

I understand that all over the internet there are specific forums for specific ownerships - car forums, A/V forums, phone forums, etc. So with all sorts of negative responses to somebody saying they're not happy what is that telling me about product specific forums. Am I only supposed to be Mr. Happy with my Storm 2? Am I just crazy if I don't like my Storm 2? I even said in my thread that I knew the grass isn't greener on the other side, but I felt it time to move on. Yet I'm still deemed crazy.

Well I guess I learned my lesson here at CB. Only post in a forum either being Mr. Happy or trying to solve a problem on something I am keeping. Never ever post in forum that you are changing because you will be deemed an enemy.

OK - back to your fanboyism BB owners.
    08-18-10 08:40 AM
    I understand your frustration as I have felt that some of the responses to criticism of a product on here do receive some less than cordial responses.

For many of us, the Storm is our first experience with a BB device and we bought them because the hype a few years ago was that the Storm was BB's answer to the iPhone/iPod touch experience and it was sold by our carrier Verizon as such.

So yes, we were shocked by the email not being in HTML and the browser not having tabs, the memory restrictions and text messages that could only be a certain length.

So when we cried foul, the people who knew what the BB was all about, reacted to our criticisms very defensively and sometimes downright rudely.

The bottom line is that we all had the choice to take it back and get another phone but we did not. At the time there was nothing else at Verizon with a virtual keyboard that my big thumbs could maneuver and I sure could not handle the sliders, so I kept mine and grumbled along.

Now that I have learned how to use the thing to suit my needs, I am eligible for an upgrade but I am in the "it ain't broke, don't fix it" mode. So I will wait until someday when BB comes out with a real multimedia phone that works as well as my Storm but has a new operating system geared towards the consumer and not the business world. RIM is big enough to serve both markets and is working on the problem, I hope.
    09-02-10 06:07 AM
    I find it humerous how many defensive BB owners there are here in this forum.
    I find it humorous you spelled that word wrong. anyway people get "defensive" (I'd say annoyed) because nobody cares. You went somewhere else? Good for you. I don't write Adidas a letter when I get new balance instead. You had a bad experience? Ok. I had a bad experience with a girl once. I don't write an advice column about it.

And you use fanboy, yet you are clearly one yourself. Sooo yeah. There's a separate forum for you to bash BB and worship whatever you use now. My BB works perfectly for me. Just because yours didn't doesn't mean we all want to hear about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 11:08 AM
    Haha. Awesome. I would like to be your friend.

09-12-10 01:01 PM
    What do you expect to find in a BB forum, Iphone fanboys?
    09-12-10 03:45 PM
    metal, I seem to recall interacting with you on this subject in a different thread. if memory serves, then I'm not surprised to see you post this thread, which is CLEARLY intended to do NOTHING MORE than rile people up AGAIN. Obviously, this is your only intent as you complained about this very subject in the other thread. Children do that .... if they don't get enough attention in one place, they go elsewhere.

As I said to you before, I've read tons of well-reasoned, rational, non-hysterical, balanced posts by people who, for one reason or another, have chosen to opt out of BB and move to something else. Those type of posts are not the ones that get the "fanboi" responses. It is more along the lines of the ridiculous, hysterical, bashing threads that get the responses. So, here you go again.......
    09-12-10 03:57 PM
    What do you expect to find in a BB forum, Iphone fanboys?
    Surprisingly, this place is crawling with those too...
    09-12-10 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD