First of all i love this phone. Especially the size of the phone. Anyway, ive noticed a small bug.Sometimes every once in a while the screen will not switch to landscape mode. Anyone else getting this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 01:04 AM
    So far I haven't noticed it.
    08-18-10 01:18 AM
    which launcher are you using??
    08-18-10 02:38 AM
    The phone doesn't switch to landscape on the homescreens or while in the app draw. You can do it with launcherpro.
    08-18-10 06:48 AM
    I guess i should had been more specific huh......I have not installed a launcher. Yes i know the homescreen will not go to landscape, it is with the web browser that im getting the issue with

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 09:21 AM
    it does that to me sometimes but its only on certain web pages. i think i heard froyo for the droid x will fix that
    08-18-10 10:02 AM
    I have noticed this in darker areas, if I point the phone to a light, it switches right away. Just thought I would mention this.
    08-18-10 12:35 PM
    I've had mine delay when trying to switch between landscape and portrait, but never to the point where it just won't switch at all.
    08-18-10 12:48 PM
    Interesting... I haven't had that happen to me at all. Every website I visit switches instantly when I rotate the device.
    08-18-10 12:53 PM
    I did notice that the web pages will only switch to landscape if you turn the phone so that the buttons are on the right. I thought my X was broken for a while, but then I realized that I had to rotate it a certain way, it has been only two weeks since I gave up my Storm but I thought that I could turn that either way. Unless my X is broken and I should be able to rotate it either way.
    08-18-10 09:55 PM
    I did notice that the web pages will only switch to landscape if you turn the phone so that the buttons are on the right. I thought my X was broken for a while, but then I realized that I had to rotate it a certain way, it has been only two weeks since I gave up my Storm but I thought that I could turn that either way. Unless my X is broken and I should be able to rotate it either way.
    Your Droid X is perfectly fine. The Android 2.2 update on the original Droid fixed this issue if I recall correctly. I'm running 2.2 on my Droid 2 and I can face it either way which I was never able to do with the Droid on 2.1.
    08-22-10 12:42 AM
    Your X isn't broken.
    With 2.1, you can only turn it one way (hard keys on the right).
    With 2.2, you can turn the phone either way.

A healthy dose of FroYo is great for the X
    08-22-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD