Went to a Verizon store and looked at both the manager that showed me the phones had a droid which was nice just wandering if the Bold is able to do all the features of the Droid such as watch NFL games through the NFL Demand and make your own ringtones using your songs also if I can use it also as an FM Transmittor? I like both with the Bold being the cheaper price of the 2.
    08-17-10 04:20 PM
    Went to a Verizon store and looked at both the manager that showed me the phones had a droid which was nice just wandering if the Bold is able to do all the features of the Droid such as watch NFL games through the NFL Demand and make your own ringtones using your songs also if I can use it also as an FM Transmittor? I like both with the Bold being the cheaper price of the 2.
    I came from the storm, tried the incredible for a week, and then moved immediately to the 9650. I'm quite pleased with the 9650, but I use my phone as a messaging device, not entertainment device.
    08-17-10 07:35 PM
    can you watch nfl games on the bold 9650?
    08-17-10 09:54 PM
    idk man, ive been a faithful blackberry user for years now. the bold 9650 is probably the 5th different bb ive had. i like it and got it for blackberry 6 but my dad just got the droid incredible and after playing with it for 10 minutes or so i kind of regret my decision to stick with the bberry. i love the layout and features and the touch screen is pretty nice (main reason i haven't switched over, not a fan of touch keyboards). looking at a 9650 and an incredible side by side (even just looking at their packaging) the bold looks dated and BORING, while the incredible looks fresh, new, and enticing. maybe im just sick of waiting for the new os, we will see if it changes my opinion at all, but deep down i kind of wish i would have made the switch. if it doesn't come out any time soon or is a huge let down ill definitely be saving up to make the move. now for everyone here to turn on me haha
    08-17-10 10:09 PM
    idk man, ive been a faithful blackberry user for years now. the bold 9650 is probably the 5th different bb ive had. i like it and got it for blackberry 6 but my dad just got the droid incredible and after playing with it for 10 minutes or so i kind of regret my decision to stick with the bberry. i love the layout and features and the touch screen is pretty nice (main reason i haven't switched over, not a fan of touch keyboards). looking at a 9650 and an incredible side by side (even just looking at their packaging) the bold looks dated and BORING, while the incredible looks fresh, new, and enticing. maybe im just sick of waiting for the new os, we will see if it changes my opinion at all, but deep down i kind of wish i would have made the switch. if it doesn't come out any time soon or is a huge let down ill definitely be saving up to make the move. now for everyone here to turn on me haha
    I agree the Incredible is very enticing. With the BB can you bluetooth ringtones back and forth with older model phones?
    08-17-10 10:13 PM
    im pretty sure you can but once you get back to the really old models its probably iffy. the incredible is way more of a 'fun' phone. the blackberry is trusty and gets the job done no question, but the incredible to me just seems way cooler to have on a day to day basis. to be honest im pretty tired of the blackberry setup that has barely changed in years and it seems they are on the way out. every time i see his i convince myself more to try to get one haha
    08-17-10 10:20 PM
    Sounds like the Droid is a better fit for you. I don't think the Bold will have NFL games on it. Watching on this little screen would almost be silly. There is a ringtone maker available in AppWorld. No FM transmitter.
    I love my Bold, but I don't want to do the things that you do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 11:28 PM
    You can get NFL Mobile and pay 9.99 a month to get the games streaming. I believe Verizon has exclusive rights to the NFL app, which is pretty cool. I have the NFL Mobile app on my bold but I don't think I'll be spending the 10 bucks a month but the option is there for you if you want it.
    08-17-10 11:45 PM
    That is correct. It is a 9.99 service and as far as an fm transmitter, I have never heard anything about that, although I usually learn more from this site than any training I've ever taken. This site can show you how to make your own ringtones, but also has tons already on it. They have both had their own strange issues, but rare. I think the biggest factor would be if you want a touchscreen or not.

08-17-10 11:59 PM
    9650 would be my choice
    08-18-10 12:13 AM
    just do what I did.

I have both lol

I just got 9650 as a verizon replacement for my tour. I also purchased an Incredible from ebay. I was gonna sell the 9650 when I got it in the mail, but I feel like I just might keep both of them and until I feel one is far superior.
    08-18-10 04:37 PM
    I have both. Been a BB fan for years, very dedicated! I have the new Bold for my personal phone and use the Incredible for my work phone and I love them both! If I was put in the position of having to choose only one...it would be my Bold. The Inc is amazing, it seems to be the phone I turn to if I want to play or look something up quickly online. If I want a trusty and more precise phone I turn to my Bold.

Both are great, I love them ... almost equally. But the Bold is typically by my side at all times and I don't feel bad if I happen to leave the Inc sit if I don't want to carry both around.

Personally preference, always seems to be. Gotta love me my crackberry!

JJ
    08-18-10 04:52 PM
    I too have both devices. I love my Bold 9650, its unlocked with an AT&T SIM card. I use it as my messaging device and use the Incredible as a internet tool as well as my PMP. I love having both and so will you.
    08-19-10 03:50 AM
    If you want a keyboard device in the android family you can also look at the Droid 2, which just came out, and has a touch screen AND a slide out keyboard.

EDIT: Lets move this thread to the Verizon Forum
    08-19-10 08:00 AM
    I would get the incredibly BOLD ! Leave the toy phones alone.

08-19-10 09:49 AM
    yes you can watch the NFL on the bold i had the 8330 and i could do it just fine...and i have the storm 2 and i can run the NFL app just fine
    08-19-10 05:49 PM
    Depends on how you'll use it. Different phones serve different purposes.

We have our mobile business phone service through Verizon. My colleague bought the first Droid the day it was released, and thoughtfully had his Tour reactivated with my number, to pass on to me. We all had fun playing with the Droid that first day.... but there was a problem, that Verizon didn't even know about with that first release...we couldn't set up our business e-mail account on a Droid, even though it's on the AT&T server! So, the only way to get e-mail sent to our business address was to go through the web browser, log on to webmail, etc. Too much of a pain during a busy work day (our work takes us out of the office much of the time). Verizon exchanged the Droid for another Tour and a credit, since it didn't serve our purpose and no one was aware of this glitch at the time.

Point is, if you want a fun phone with lots of cool apps, the Droid Incredible might be your cuppa tea... if you want a dependable business phone, a BB will always serve you well.
    08-20-10 01:07 AM
    just got a new htc incredible from my bold 9650 and a long line of blackberries before it. it truly blows the 9650 out of the water. given i was a bb fan for a long time and i thought they all ran pretty well and performed the way they needed to (minus the storm - terrible phone), this incredible is awesome. its clear that they put a lot of effort into every detail and it just does things i never would have dreamed of doing on my bold. love it. i really don't want to sound like an android fanboy here because i have only ever used one for a couple hours today and was a blackberry user for years haha. just my first impression
    08-20-10 09:09 PM
    I am a bit torn as well, as I prepare to jump to VZW and have to make a decision whether to stick with BB Bold (have 2 job BES accounts - but they can be also converted to MSexchange) or go via Droid 2 and enjoy the touchscreen, better browsing experience and UI. Have plenty of Tour accessories which would be compatible with the Bold, and my 2nd phone is a jaibroken 2g iphone + T-mo prepaid but no data (wifi only). I obviously am more familiare with BB interface, so less of a learning curve vs. Android. What to do...
    08-21-10 01:04 PM
    I am a bit torn as well, as I prepare to jump to VZW and have to make a decision whether to stick with BB Bold (have 2 job BES accounts - but they can be also converted to MSexchange) or go via Droid 2 and enjoy the touchscreen, better browsing experience and UI. Have plenty of Tour accessories which would be compatible with the Bold, and my 2nd phone is a jaibroken 2g iphone + T-mo prepaid but no data (wifi only). I obviously am more familiare with BB interface, so less of a learning curve vs. Android. What to do...
    Was it just me or did any one else read "sexchange" lmao

08-21-10 01:21 PM
    Was it just me or did any one else read "sexchange" lmao

+1
    i read the same thing at first i was like WTF at first
    08-21-10 06:35 PM
    Yes you can watch the NFL Network live wit the NFL mobile app..greatest invention since sliced bread!!
    08-23-10 12:32 PM
    Just for the record you can get the football thing on either the Droid OR the Bold!
    08-23-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD