So I just moved to a Torch after taking a little break. I was a BB user for years then moved from a Bold 9700 to a iPhone4, then to a Nexus One and now the Torch.

On my Bold and others before it I happily used Viigo. Now I'm finding out it's not supposed on the Torch because RIM bought Viigo and supposedly put some of the technology into Social Feeds. But unless I'm blind they took out the ability to use a OPML file or sync with Google Reader which is a big functionality loss in my opinion.

I know Google Reader has a mobile site but it's not quick enough for me to be satisfied with it.

So what alternative RSS readers are Torch fans using?
    08-17-10 12:26 PM
    RSS feeds are managed in the Social Feeds app. You should see an RSS feed (scroll left or right) then select options.
    08-17-10 01:02 PM
    RSS feeds are managed in the Social Feeds app. You should see an RSS feed (scroll left or right) then select options.
    I understand how the social feeds app works, but its missing OPML import or Google Sync options so I'm looking for something else.
    08-17-10 01:06 PM
    You are right MDPuckett84 I haven't seen any kind of OPML import or Google Sync you would have to import all the feeds one by one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 01:08 PM
    Some people are using the Storm version of Viigo. Do a search and you should be able to find info.
    08-17-10 01:12 PM
    I'm an avid google reader (laptop version) user, and previously used google mobile app/reader on my Bold 9000. But it didn't work well with the Torch/9800.

So I downloaded BeReader to give it a try. It's expensive for purchase ($10), but comes with a 30-day trial. I loved this program so much, I purchased it the same day. It synchs perfectly with google reader (read, save, add, star, delete, etc.), has a wide variety of use and viewing options, and works smoothly and quickly on the Torch. Best app I've ever purchased.
    08-17-10 01:16 PM
    I'm an avid google reader (laptop version) user, and previously used google mobile app/reader on my Bold 9000. But it didn't work well with the Torch/9800.

So I downloaded BeReader to give it a try. It's expensive for purchase ($10), but comes with a 30-day trial. I loved this program so much, I purchased it the same day. It synchs perfectly with google reader (read, save, add, star, delete, etc.), has a wide variety of use and viewing options, and works smoothly and quickly on the Torch. Best app I've ever purchased.

Oh I like this one a lot, thanks!! Clean and simple. Unless things go down hill I'll buy this one when my trial is up

BTW if any developers are reading, I will *never* buy an app that doesn't have a free trial, no matter what the price is.

ETA: For clarification, the trial is 7 days
    08-17-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD