Just got a new 9700 bold today and went about getting all my contacts from my old bold with desktop manager.

I did a two way sync...but all thats happened is that my phone contacts have been wiped! where are they??????? are they in a file on my computer??

ANY help is appreciated!

thanks!
    08-17-10 10:19 AM
    I've never actually used DM for sync, but I have used device switch. DM creates a backup before it does a lot of things, I'm not 100% sure about sync though.

There is a chance it created one, and in my experience it puts them in your My Documents folder (not sure if it creates a sub-folder) and it would be a .ipd file.

I know that may not be much help, but it's a place to start.
    08-17-10 10:28 AM
    Use the windows search tool to look for files of type IPD. A typical filename would be Backup-(2010-08-09).ipd. Use the latest one you can find.
    08-17-10 10:30 AM
    thanks for reply!

Its no good I think I have replaced my phone contacts with the computer contacts(which is empty).

can this be reversed with desktop manager? can the lost data be retrieved with other software?

thanks again
    08-17-10 10:36 AM
    If you find a backup file, just restore it using Desktop Manager. If you don't have any backup files, then you have a problem.

Is it possible your contacts on the BlackBerry are still there, but filtered? In Contacts, press Menu, select Filter, and ensure no boxes are checked.
    08-17-10 10:50 AM
    Note to self - use the backup function on DM before syncing.....
    08-17-10 01:30 PM
    i did the same thing with my pics...
    even thou i backed up my phone... the pictures are no where to be found
    08-17-10 01:35 PM
    Pictures are probably stored on your media card. I don't think they would be a part of the DM backup file. I think you would have to back them up separately.
    08-17-10 01:41 PM
    Always back up your contacts on your sim car 1st!
    08-17-10 05:30 PM
    Have you tried looking in:

My Documents > My Pictures > BlackBerry
    08-17-10 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD