phoneArena.com is reporting what may prove to be exciting news, indeed.

From a link entitled Verizon upcoming phones � 10MP Android, Storm 3, two tablets and more by the end of the year we're told.

Mid to late October is where it's supposed to get exciting, with a possible launch of the RIM BlackBerry Storm 3 9570. Interestingly, our source mentioned that the Storm 3 will run BB OS 6, but will still feature a Sure Press touchscreen. That would be strange, given the Torch has made the move to the far more proven capacitive tech. The other surprise for BlackBerry fans will be the new Curve 3 9330.

If I were you, I'd get in line now.

08-17-10 10:00 AM
    Moved to Rumored Devices!
    08-17-10 10:04 AM
    "trusty source". Can I get a grammar ruling?
    08-17-10 11:41 AM
    isnt this just the refresh that is being called storm 3... i wanna know when the storm 4g comes out, the only way id get the refresh is if i can con my way into one via a replacement for my s2
    08-17-10 12:32 PM
    Yes, it sure sounds like the Storm 2.5 to me. Unfortunately my S1 is starting to have hardware issues, so I probably won't be able to hold out for the one after that (Storm 3.5).
    08-17-10 01:42 PM
    Heck, don't you wish you could go to bed tonight and when you wake up it is March 2011? (no aging involved, Ha!) I am holding out for a Storm that surfs the web like the iPhone browser does it, with all the security of the Blackberry platform and maybe a 4" screen that I can read.

You know, a device with 16/32 Gig of storage that you can actually use for applications, or media of your choice. As an S1 owner, I am still flabbergasted that I have 1 Gig internal memory and can only use 128 MB of it for apps (actually after the operating system is loaded, I only really have 40 Meg for apps).

Can you imagine what would have happened to the iPhone, had it only been using 128 MB to store apps (including the ISO)? It is like buying a car that does not have tires.

RIM bamboozled me once, but not again. Next unit I purchase is gonna do what I expect.

And while I am complaining, I am not real sure that I want flash on my new phone. If it bothers me with pop up adds like on the "real computer", I would just as soon not have it.
    08-17-10 02:50 PM
    Wow! Some actual NEWS, for once. Still really weak though.
    08-17-10 05:07 PM
    Maybe off topic, but doesn't the torch have the same surepress screen like a storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 02:18 PM
    No, Torch is not surepress.

As a S1 owner, I'd be happy if this were true. S2 owners probably not as much.

Stay tuned though, Kevin said if it retains Surepress he'd be so shocked that he'd give one away. ;-)
    08-18-10 02:37 PM
    I'm not surprised RIM is keeping Surepress for the Storm series. As long as they can improve it, it's a great technology that could be applied to tablets, touch-screen computer monitors, etc.
    And from rumours I've read, it sounds like the Surepress will be an improvement on the Storm 3 9570. I just hope it can match up against Androids and iPhone 4. And if it can't, they better release the Storm 4 early, like in Jan. 2011.
    08-18-10 04:18 PM
    No, Torch is not surepress.

As a S1 owner, I'd be happy if this were true. S2 owners probably not as much.

Stay tuned though, Kevin said if it retains Surepress he'd be so shocked that he'd give one away. ;-)
    This refresh will have SurePress but the next gen may not. And by next gen I mean the LTE Storm.

08-18-10 04:46 PM
    Right, the "Storm 3" is really the Storm 2.5 (but it's hard to brand that). It will basically be a Storm 2 upgraded with enough memory to run BB6 and apps pleasantly, and perhaps with a tweak to the S2 SurePress technology. That's it.

I'd bet the Storm 4 (LTE) will be announced in Q1 2011 at CES and ship in early Q2 (if not before). And it may not have SurePress.
    08-18-10 04:53 PM
    I like surepress. its clicktastic!
    But if it falls away the storm better do something amazing like make toast or I'm going torch.

08-18-10 11:53 PM
    If it doesn't click or make toast, I'm going to Android.
    08-19-10 07:56 AM
    As much as I'd like to get an "OS 6 ready" device...I'm hesitant to buy anything on Verizon until I know more about the LTE timetable and what devices will be available.
    08-19-10 08:01 AM
    Looking like LTE aircards (maybe tablets too?) will start late this year (Black Friday is my guess) and phones March-April. There's your LTE timetable, and as much info as anyone can give you for devices.
    08-19-10 08:06 AM
    Something tells me this is just a refresh. same processor, same screen, same resolution. Only difference being a new camera and more memory. If that's the case it will be another nail in the coffin. I'd rather they hold off for 3 months and up the hardware to something at least current.

08-19-10 08:36 AM
    So in other words, if I didn't like the Storm2 back in January there's really nothing to make me think I'm going to like the Storm3...there's nothing significantly different about it.
    08-19-10 08:39 AM
    It'll run BB6 and have more space for apps; not sure how much that would change what you did or didn't like about the S2.
    08-19-10 09:38 AM
    It'll run BB6 and have more space for apps; not sure how much that would change what you did or didn't like about the S2.
    A number of websites would not work with the touchscreen so I gave up. Also, I was hoping there was a portrait virtual keyboard, it only had a landscape version which I didn't like. Does BB6 have a portrait layout keyboard?
    08-19-10 10:34 AM
    Storm has 3 portrait keyboards?!?

08-19-10 10:58 AM
    The original Storm has portrait keyboard. S2 has qwerty and suretype. Don't remember is S1 had both of those. S2.5 if it releases in October will have 6 months if an S4/(LTE) were to drrop in April. The 9780 slides leaked say the 9780 will be able to use SD cards up to 32GBs(duh_ but then says usable for applications. If that reads true, the S2.5 may have that ability as well. And the S2.5 is said to be a WiFi hotspot. Those 2 items would be a solid upgrade.

08-19-10 11:25 AM
    A number of websites would not work with the touchscreen so I gave up. Also, I was hoping there was a portrait virtual keyboard, it only had a landscape version which I didn't like. Does BB6 have a portrait layout keyboard?
    What/why would a website not work with a touchscreen? The website doesn't know the difference between a physical/touchscreen...I'm confused (as usual). Also the Storm 2 DOES have a Portrait keyboard, BOTH SureType and QWERTY.
    08-19-10 11:50 AM
    I think that a lot more people would buy the S3 if it did not have Sure Press. Regular Capacitive screen is what most folks are used to, like the Torch screen. IMHO
    08-19-10 12:03 PM
    What/why would a website not work with a touchscreen? The website doesn't know the difference between a physical/touchscreen...I'm confused (as usual). Also the Storm 2 DOES have a Portrait keyboard, BOTH SureType and QWERTY.
    And Multitap. Making a total of 3 portrait keyboards. S1 had/has the same.

08-19-10 12:51 PM
161 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD