every 2 days or so My bb delete all my text sms and call log and would not allow me to receive new text messages before deleting them too.
    i have to take the battery out and turn it on, just to get it working for another 2 days...
    is it my device or just a software bug?
    07-14-08 12:32 AM
    No it's not a bug, you are just running low on file free memory, so your BB starts to delete things like texts and call logs. Go to Options>Status and see how much file free you have. And follow the link in my signature. It will explain for you step by step how to increase your memory so things like this don't happen in the future
    07-14-08 12:35 AM
    Your memory is or about gone. Check this thread out and complete some of this stuff and you will not have anymore issues.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-14-08 12:35 AM
    once a week I delete any old texts or emails. try to save most of your stuff on memory card.
    07-18-08 03:38 AM
    Ahh... Reminiscent of my first post here. Welcome!

The memory guides listed there will save you...
    07-18-08 08:07 AM
    As you know when you press the Green Phone button you see a list of the last incoming/outgoing calls.

First question I see I can indiviually delete a number but can I delete the entire list at one time.

Second question, is there a way to turn off all logging so that list doesn't build in the first place?
    07-25-08 02:31 PM
    Here is a video on how to free up memory.....Help, How-To & Tips | CrackBerry.com
    07-26-08 11:55 AM
    OK .. i checked but i have a 2GB Media Card
    and on Status :
    File Free : 13864296 Bytes
    File Total : 60948489 Bytes

You cannot tell me i am out of memory .. besides i didn't have that much sms to be deleted so why its my BB is deleting all the log call and the sms ...:-(
    09-29-08 01:45 AM
    and on Status :

You cannot tell me i am out of memory .. besides i didn't have that much sms to be deleted so why its my BB is deleting all the log call and the sms ...:-(
    The phone needs about 12 million to run right. At at&t they recommend setting the phone to delete sms/mms every 15-30days, do the same for the calendar and email. Also go into applications and clear out the BlackBerry sample video. Make sure your camera is set to save on the memory card, as I've seen a lot of people put it in but it doesn't get used (if you have as little as 10-15 pics on device that can hurt it). What happens is after it dumps the text messages its only getting up to 13.8 million (for comparison I have 48 million free but I clear daily). You may not text that much but the phone goes there first because it sees it as the lowest on the priority list of what to keep. I would keep an eye on the memory for a few days. If it gets below 10 million before it does it that's your problem. If not, it could be the handheld software. Just do a back up and reload the OS.
    09-29-08 02:09 AM
    Memory Cards don't mean squat in the BB world since the OS cannot use it for OS file storage. Only thing it's good for is media files... that's it, nothing more. Having a card will no increase the amount of memory the OS can see or use.
    09-29-08 09:04 AM
    Granted, I have a curve, not the 8830 WE, but it does it to mine also. I've found it's not a memory issue at all. I've had it happen, then had it happen again a half hour later. I know I only got about 2 texts in that time, so I didn't use up that much memory. I read in another forum that it's related to how long your phone's been on since you last restarted it. Hitting alt E A C E shows you your uptime in seconds. I personally think it's just a glitch...
    09-29-08 11:59 AM
    Hitting alt E A C E shows you your uptime in seconds.
    Use ALT+SHIFT+H. It's faster.
    09-29-08 02:12 PM
    and on Status :

You're not out of memory, but you were low. Not at the instant you checked your status (13.8M is not a lot, but it's sufficient), but at the point the messages were being deleted, you were low. Something used up your free memory to below the 12 000 000 threshold. 13 864 296 doesn't provide a lot of margin. Viigo is a common culprit in transient low memory situations. If you're running it, try deleting it for a couple of days and see if your problem gets better.

Regardless of Viigo, you need to perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. If you've never done it, it will improve your memory margin and greatly reduce the likelihood of a recurrence of losing the call log and text messages.
    09-29-08 03:24 PM
    Today I loaded Google Mobile Gmail and Google Mobile Apps. I noticed my call log was erased so I conducted the memory exercises recommended here. I have 17+ MB free and have removed Google Mobile Apps.

In my Call Log application, it will not display my "Phone List View" as a call log. But I know it has the data because if i choose "Most Recent" the calls are there, I just don't have the time/date, etc. I want to be able to log all calls (made, received, missed) and I think I manage my memory well enough to do that.

I also lost all e-mails in my enterprise server account that were in my inbox prior to the software install. I have reconciled (and confirmed I have the right settings) and it still will not grab what's sitting in my inbox in Outlook.

Help!
    10-22-08 04:10 PM
    so I had the same problem with my 8830 deleting every thing every two or three days, even after I put a 4gig memory card in it. So what I ended up having to do was what they call a "hard Reset" this takes your BB right back the the same spec's that it had when it came out of the factory. Make sure that you have everything backed up tp your desktop manager and then you can basically start all over again, its a pain to have to do but it fixed the problem
    10-22-08 05:25 PM
    so I had the same problem with my 8830 deleting every thing every two or three days, even after I put a 4gig memory card in it. So what I ended up having to do was what they call a "hard Reset" this takes your BB right back the the same spec's that it had when it came out of the factory. Make sure that you have everything backed up tp your desktop manager and then you can basically start all over again, its a pain to have to do but it fixed the problem
    Installing a memory card in it isn't going to do anything to solve this problem. Just FYI.
    10-22-08 09:34 PM
    ...In my Call Log application, it will not display my "Phone List View" as a call log. But I know it has the data because if i choose "Most Recent" the calls are there, I just don't have the time/date, etc. I want to be able to log all calls (made, received, missed) and I think I manage my memory well enough to do that.

I also lost all e-mails in my enterprise server account that were in my inbox prior to the software install. I have reconciled (and confirmed I have the right settings) and it still will not grab what's sitting in my inbox in Outlook....
    Re the Call Log: The list you get when you press the Call Log icon is not the actual call log. That list is just the last 20 or 30 (depending on mode) unique entries in the log. The actual Call Log is a folder in Messages. Go to Messages / Menu / View Folder / Phone Call Logs. You'll see the last 30 days of calls, with the date and time.

Re your reconciliation problem: Once the BlackBerry thinks an email has been deleted, it will not reconcile it again. The only way I know to get those messages to come back to your device inbox is to forward them to yourself, so that they appear as new mail.
    10-22-08 10:07 PM
    As JRSCCivic98 noted, the Media Card can't help your low device memory problem. To free up memory, you need to perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's been referenced several times already in this thread. It is also linked in my sig.
    10-22-08 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD