When I emailed Garmin about a software version for the Torch I was told that "The builds are still in the testing process. We have had some success using the build from the 9700 model. "

Has anyone attempted to use the 9700 version on their Torch?
    08-16-10 12:10 PM
    I installed my 9000 version of Garmin and was able to highlight certain things but it wouldn"t select. Pushing on trackpad wouldn't do anything either. I actually have to slide out the kb and hit the return key in order to select anything.
    08-16-10 12:37 PM
    When I emailed Garmin about a software version for the Torch I was told that "The builds are still in the testing process. We have had some success using the build from the 9700 model. "

Has anyone attempted to use the 9700 version on their Torch?
    I have -- it more or less works fine in portrait orientation, but if you turn the Torch sideways to landscape (which would be the preferred mode, I would think), it stays at a 360px width. That little glitch would be all they would have to fix.
    08-16-10 01:42 PM
    I've been using the Bold version with success. The touchscreen doesn't like it, but it works well, and it works good in landscape for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 01:50 PM
    Well, I had attempted to download the 9700 trial version, but it came with "Sorry, but the 7 day trial of Garmin Mobile is not supported on this Blackberry device. To purchase Garmin Mobile for your device please visit www.garmin.com".

The Software I had was on my 9000.....once downloaded, what activation code did you use?
    08-16-10 01:57 PM
    I just used the device transfer from my 9700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 02:02 PM
    Hmmmmmm......I guess I'll give it a try. We'll see!
    08-16-10 02:05 PM
    I emailed them and they told me to use the Storm app and that had no plans or schedule about future builds.
    08-16-10 02:09 PM
    Surprise, surprise�.2 emails to Garmin, and 2 different answers!

Loaded with DM the software from my 9000 without a problem, except it needs and activation code��.grrrrrr�..I�ve emailed Garmin for one�.we�ll see what happens. Until I hear back, I�ll play with the trail version which appears to work just fine.
    08-16-10 02:23 PM
    I spoke to Garmin customer service today. They were very helpful. I recently upgraded from a 9000. While admitting that they do not yet have a build for the torch, they sent me the link to install the software for the Storm and a new activation code.

The Storm software seems for work well with a couple of minor clitches. The trackball does not seem to work. And double tapping the touch screen does not work. You have to select what you want (such as Where To or View Map) with the touch screen, then press the enter key on the keyboard. Otherwise, everything works fine. It works in both landscape and portrait.
    08-18-10 07:56 PM
    Gamrin works fine for me on my 9700
    08-19-10 12:44 AM
    Update.......After reloading my software from a backup of my 9000, I contacting Garmin for a new activation code......they asked if I had changed phones, and my answer was:

"I did upgrade my phone to a Blackberry 9800, and I was told (by your Support Team) that currently you didn’t have software for the 9800 but that people were having “some luck” with the software for the 9700……well, I attempted to download the trial for the 9700 and couldn’t (device not supported error). So I reload the software I had already purchased for my 9000 (from a backup) and it’s worked just fine….I just need an activation code. "

They sent the code!

Works fairly well…….well enough to use until they come out with a version specifically for the 9800!
    08-19-10 12:25 PM
    That's funny, I had no problem downloading the 9700 version onto my Torch. I have since done two Torch exchanges, and I called Garmin support about a new activation code, which the guy gave me. He also said they usually came out with versions for new BBs about a month or two after their release, but that the Torch might take longer because it is a new beast. He did say I would have no problem getting an activation code for the upgrade to the 9800 version when it comes out.

BTW, I haven't actually used the activation code the guy gave me and won't until I'm sure I'm not going to exchange the Torch for another one again.
    08-19-10 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD