Today I received an email in my gmail account. Heard it come into my 9800 inbox but happened to be logged into my gmail web account. So I ignored the 9800, read the message, and replied. Reply was sent and showed in the Sent mail folder on the gmail web.

Then I looked at the messages inbox on the 9800..... saw the unread original email but then I saw the reply I sent. Since I have hide sent email checked I don't see any sent email on my 9800. But I saw my reply with a white, read envelope in the messages inbox.

Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: When I looked at the gmail inbox I see something even stranger.... I show (2 items) with an icon of multiple envelopes. When opened, I see the original email along with my reply. Strange!!
    Last edited by whsbuss; 08-16-10 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Update
    08-16-10 07:01 AM
    ...very odd. If you reboot (battery pull at least 30 seconds), is it still the same?
    08-16-10 08:03 AM
    This is a feature of the integrated Gmail features RIM has introduced. It is the same email threading that Gmail uses in a browser.
    I don't know of a way to disable that.
    08-16-10 08:54 AM
    anyone know how to have googleapps mail pushed to your blackberry? I dont want to use the gmail application, I just want all my emails pushed to my phone
    08-16-10 09:07 AM
    anyone know how to have googleapps mail pushed to your blackberry? I dont want to use the gmail application, I just want all my emails pushed to my phone
    Are you talking about just getting your Gmail emails on your BlackBerry? If so just go through the Email Setup icon and setup your Gmail account that way.
    08-16-10 10:42 AM
    Are you talking about just getting your Gmail emails on your BlackBerry? If so just go through the Email Setup icon and setup your Gmail account that way.
    No its not gmail its a different form. Its called googleapps mail. I tried going through email setup application multiple times via computer and the blackberry.
    08-16-10 10:48 AM
    jdny516 - don't hyjack someone else's thread, create your own. You issue\question is totally differnt to the original poster.

Nonetheless, I have Google Apps, and have my email on my BlackBerry. Just use the 'setup' email option from the device, it will work...
    08-16-10 10:58 AM
    jdny516 - don't hyjack someone else's thread, create your own. You issue\question is totally differnt to the original poster.

Nonetheless, I have Google Apps, and have my email on my BlackBerry. Just use the 'setup' email option from the device, it will work...

okay there both gmail questions...Could you please help me out and answer my question and i wont "hijack" this thread
    08-16-10 11:08 AM
    I believe this is the enhanced gmail app. The menu shows labels, etc. But I never installed it. I wonder of this is automatically enabled for all gmail accounts?

What I don't like is the unified messages inbox shows each individual email of the thread, whereas the gmail inbox has them consolidated. Also, when I deleted the thread on the web interface, the BIS reconcile the thread in the gmail inbox, but my replies were still in the unified inbox..... how to disable it???? Hope someone knows how.
    08-16-10 11:38 AM
    ...unorthodox, but PM sent.

okay there both gmail questions...Could you please help me out and answer my question and i wont "hijack" this thread
    08-16-10 11:59 AM
    Well if the gmail inbox is integrated with the enhanced gmail app, some things don't work.

At the bottom of the gmail inbox there is a filter icon (left of Delete). When it opens it shows All Mail, Archive, Drafts, etc. However if I select All Mail I only see the current pushed emails and not what's on google. Also the Sent Mail folder never shows any of my responses..... this is really strange.
    08-16-10 12:06 PM
    I just checked the message options (Options in messages inbox). At the very bottom there is the Enhanced Gmail Plug-In listed there. So it must be automatic as I did not install it. And there's no way to remove it.
    08-16-10 12:15 PM
    I cannot stand the Enhanced Gmail Plug-in!
    08-16-10 12:22 PM
    I cannot stand the Enhanced Gmail Plug-in!
    I hear you but we may not have a choice. Not having used it before I can't tell if the Torch's implementation is correct or not. Maybe other users can chime in.
    08-16-10 12:25 PM
    I need to be able to see who is sending me emails. I hate this "2 items" crap.

Whoever dreamt this up must not actually use email.

RIMM if you are listening - fix this horrible situation.
    09-30-10 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD