I was just on the phone with customer service about my crappy signal and was on the phone for about 20mins and the phone got REAL hot...

does your phone do that?
    08-15-10 08:37 PM
    That's why it's called the torch. Haha. I don't know, but I can cook on my BB 9000 after about 10 minutes.
    08-15-10 08:47 PM
    This happened to me once and I freaked out. I bought the phone but didn't make a call with it for the first two days. I was on the phone for 20 minutes on the third day and the bottom half of my torch was quite warm when I hung it up.

This annoyed me greatly. I let the phone cool down, then ran quickpull on it. Next, I called my torch from another cell phone and just set it down. An hour later and it wasn't warm. So I relaxed and went on my way (with a much lower battery).

I thought it was a fluke, but I guess I'm not the only one to realize this. I have also made many other phone calls to test this out and it only happened the first time I used it for a phone call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 10:03 PM
    it gets a little warm.. but not hot.
    i have the same experience with my BOLD 9000
    i think it's normal
    08-15-10 11:47 PM
    Wow.. My 9700 never does this. I hope my Torch doesn't either. I don't have one yet but I but I'm looking forward to its arrival..

08-15-10 11:55 PM
    I don't have a Torch but my Storm did get warm when I had it and my Storm 2 also gets warm. No other blackberry I have had, including my 9700, has ever done this.
    08-16-10 12:43 AM
    I just got my torch this weekend. I was just on a 15 minute phone call and it got really hot. I have had other blackberry's and have never experienced this. Just wondering if this is a wide spread issue.
    08-16-10 07:39 PM
    Might be unit specific as I was on a 60+ min call on speakerphone and it didn't get to a temp to be too concerned.
    08-16-10 09:23 PM
    With my second Torch I've noticed it gets slightly warm with any phone and/or other use. Its seems to be coming from the lower half of the phone, both front and back. My guess is its because of the aluminum that the keyboard is monted on.

Anyone think this is something to be worried about??

08-25-10 09:34 PM
    Yes it can get hot, so did my Bold, so did my Razor, so did my LG, so did my Nokia, so did my Erickson, so did my other LG, so did...
    08-26-10 11:57 AM
    i think it's normal...however, i have noticed that the torch gets warmer when on 3G as opposed to edge. not sure about wifi yet, haven't used it that much.
    08-26-10 11:59 AM
    Have not noticed that at all. Might have to take it out of the case and give it a try.
    08-26-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD