As much as having WiFi enabled does ??
    08-15-10 02:34 PM
    Probably pretty close. They are a little diferent technology but doing alomst the same thing.
    08-15-10 02:59 PM
    Yes..most definitely...more than anything else I have seen so far...strange.
    08-15-10 03:51 PM
    Does Bluetooth sap your battery ??
    Only if I'm using my phone in a tree..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 03:54 PM
    I don't see any battery depletion from my bluetooth in standby 24/7. I use 3 different bluetooth sets and the battery only goes down when I have it active for any length of time. It does not search for bluetooth devices like wifi. It only goes active when you have something connected to it or asking if you want to connect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 03:54 PM
    i leave my bluetooth on all the time. i use wifi when i know i have a good wifi ap but otherwise i leave it off. i just switched to .810 a couple of days ago and battery life is much improved for me. not sure why but i'm getting a lot better battery life than i did before. might be worth a try.
    08-15-10 08:11 PM
    Just to be clear...

Having a Bluetooth device paired with the phone doesn't use up much battery while it's in standby...

But USING a Bluetooth device uses WAY more battery than simply talking on the phone...

I don't have the statistics to prove this but in the field I have seen the battery get killed from long Bluetooth calls. ymmv...

-db
    08-16-10 06:16 AM
    I leave BT, WiFi, and GPS off unless needed. With Quicklaunch, I have easy access to toggles for both. It's as simple as hitting my QL convenience key and scrolling to of of my first 3 listings in my QL menu.
    08-16-10 08:01 AM
    Having wi-fi enabled does not drain your battery if you are actually using it!
    If you are using wi-fi, u are probably saving your battery as it is one of the kinder things you can do for your battery.

If you have no wi-fi service where you are, and you don't tuen it off...then YES...it is wasting your battery.
    08-16-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD