Ok set my alarm for the first time on my torch last night and today when it went off it had the most beautiful calming alarm noise, unlike the old alarm us BB users are used to. It was like waking up to the smell of bacon and eggs around noon compared to somebody throwing cold water on my face. Dumb post but whatever.
    08-14-10 07:41 PM
    I KNOW! I love the way it starts off in a pleasant way but fades into the good ol' buzzer if you manage to sleep through the first part.
    08-14-10 08:31 PM
    I like the alarm clock, but its inadequate. I need multiple alarms for weekdays and weekends. Even the cheapest phone I've ever had has had multiple alarms. Shame on BB!!! Does anyone know of a good alarm clock app I can download?
    08-26-10 01:07 PM
    I like the alarm clock, but its inadequate. I need multiple alarms for weekdays and weekends. Even the cheapest phone I've ever had has had multiple alarms. Shame on BB!!! Does anyone know of a good alarm clock app I can download?
    You can set up schedules on the calendar.
    08-26-10 03:40 PM
    For me, my alarm clocks need to be set on the "Hilariously and annoyingly loud" volume setting found on most phones (except the iphone... hmm..), Vibrate on the hard table, and then the most robotic, sharp tone possible.

bacon n eggs at noon type of wake up for me calls for hours of slamming the snooze, and waking up humourously late
    08-26-10 03:47 PM
    Omg yess...i agree. I've had my Torch for 2days and had also used the alarm clock for the first time to wake up this morning...It was the most pleasant sound to wake up to. I absolutely hate the obnoxious sounding alarms of the previous BBs.

Ok set my alarm for the first time on my torch last night and today when it went off it had the most beautiful calming alarm noise, unlike the old alarm us BB users are used to. It was like waking up to the smell of bacon and eggs around noon compared to somebody throwing cold water on my face. Dumb post but whatever.
    08-26-10 04:35 PM
    Simplyc0mplica8tdme -

I used to use BBSmart Alarm Pro and loved it.
    But I couldn't get it to work with the Torch.
    Downloaded a trial from the Crackberry store.
    Alarm Clock - Business BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

so far so good, I really rely on lots of reminders all day long!
    Last edited by MiniBB; 08-26-10 at 06:46 PM.
    08-26-10 06:42 PM
    I use many alarms throughout the day and have found that just the basic BB calendar does the job(s) for me. Choose time, name the alarm/notifier, pick your tone, etc. Just my .02...
    08-26-10 06:54 PM
    Simplyc0mplica8tdme -

I used to use BBSmart Alarm Pro and loved it.
    But I couldn't get it to work with the Torch.
    Downloaded a trial from the Crackberry store.
    Alarm Clock - Business BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

so far so good, I really rely on lots of reminders all day long!
    Weird, BBSmart works fine for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 07:42 PM
    Weird, BBSmart works fine for me

Works great 4 me as well, do like the new bb alarm tones though I am using evolving dream. Hate bbsmart tones btw

08-26-10 07:51 PM
    does anyone remember the name of the alarm sound that was set when you originally got the Torch?
    08-26-10 08:23 PM
    I currently have it set to "Morning Light" - I think it's pretty nice...but honestly I am kind of missing the "BBRelaxed_Tranquility" I had on my 9000.

If you haven't tried either of those you should listen real quick and you'll know what I mean.

As other have said: you can go to your calendar and set up as many alarms as you like...with much more flexibility than the standard "easy" one that is in the clock app.
    08-26-10 08:33 PM
    It is the best! No more oh **** my alarm is going off more like oh what is that pleasant sound? Lmao
    08-26-10 11:16 PM
    For me, my alarm clocks need to be set on the "Hilariously and annoyingly loud" volume setting found on most phones (except the iphone... hmm..), Vibrate on the hard table, and then the most robotic, sharp tone possible.

bacon n eggs at noon type of wake up for me calls for hours of slamming the snooze, and waking up humourously late
    hahah yeah. there is a time and place for those horrendous alarms... I try to set it a little far from me so that it makes me get out of bed, if i dont there's every good chance my hand will swipe at it as quickly as possible to hit the snooze or break the damn thing

as for the calendar schedule, thats quite interesting but i think it'd be great if it was actually built into the clock alarm schedule instead, and set which alarm for what etc. otherwise, all i now is the clock settings look a lot nicer on 5.0 than 4.7 :P

*waits impatiently for the time i can get my hand on a torch, hopefully that happens in my life time lol*
    08-26-10 11:36 PM
    I like that I can set multiple alarms in the calendar, but is there a way to set the alarm tone for each alarm separately? I need different tones for different alarms.

Thanks!

08-27-10 12:06 AM
    Who uses the factory tones? I use customs sounds and ringtones for every possible sound my BB can make.

08-27-10 01:45 AM
    Hi there!!

I've been using version 1 of BBsmart Alarm Pro, the reason is, it has "auto snooze" feature.

As in, when the alarm plays, and the tone ends, it will automatically sound again after 10mins (set snoozed time), without having to punch any buttons.

Cuz when the BlackBerry is locked, and the alarm sounds ... i will have to wake up, punch in the password, and press Snooze in order to snooze it ..
    by that time I'm fully awake :P

Is there an alarm app out there that have "auto snooze" feature???

Thx!
    R.Ko
    10-21-10 02:53 AM
    What is the name of the tone? I upgraded my 9800 and lost all my ringtones and that is the one I miss the most.

Never mind. I found it. Evolving dream! Hooray. Now where to download?
    Last edited by michstanifer; 04-23-11 at 12:50 PM. Reason: found the answer to my question.
    04-23-11 12:43 PM
    does anyone remember the name of the alarm sound that was set when you originally got the Torch?
    Evolving Dream
    04-23-11 01:03 PM
    You missed the blog about the "free" Musical Alarm. It may still be free if you check on BB App World.

Review: Musical Clock – Multiple Alarms | CrackBerry.com
    04-23-11 07:25 PM
    You missed the blog about the "free" Musical Alarm. It may still be free if you check on BB App World.

Review: Musical Clock – Multiple Alarms | CrackBerry.com
    I downloaded it last night. Works great.
    I wish the display would dim but it's not that bright to bother me at night.

Good Luck
    04-23-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD