Okay guys (and gals), first thing you might notice is my name isn't RobBeane. However, this is what otherwise would be called RBs 9700 v3.0!

We're sorry it took so long, but I am confident that this hybrid has THE MOST OS6 files out there, and is the absolute fastest OS (official or hybrid) ever made for the 9700

This is for 9700 5.0.0.862 base.
    Includes 5.0.0.743/862/5.2.0.9/6.0.0.31/.135/.141 Files

Change Log Includes-
    Over 110 OS6 files!
    Updated many files to newer versions
    Fixed JavaScript in Browser
    Fixed Date/Time Bug

It does take a little while to settle in, so make sure you stick close to your charger for a little bit after installing - but rest assured the battery life does settle in (it's not AMAZING, this hybrid is focused on performance). For those of you who don't care about performance, but focus on battery life, don't worry we are working on something for you in v3.1

NOTE I recommend doing a backup and then wiping device before installing...

1) Remove any installed OS and install 9700 5.0.0.862
    2) Download RBHybrids 9700 v3.0 Installer
    3) Run installer, and verify installation path is correct.
    4) Make sure to create a backup
    5) Wipe device using BBSAK or similiar tool (recommended)
    6) Run loader.exe and install
    7) After installation do a battery pull

UPDATED Installer Download Links:
    RapidShare - RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    MegaUpload - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    DepositFiles - Deposit Files
    HotFile - Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: RBHybrid\'s 9700 v3.0 UPDATED Installer.exe
    zShare - zSHARE - RBHybrid_s 9700 v3.0 UPDATED Installer.exe
    Uploading.com - Download RBHybrid's 9700 v3.0 UPDATED Installer.exe for free on uploading.com

NOTE:
    It has come to our attention that VAD is not working in this build, so below is a patch you can use using BBSAK or similiar tool to install updated .cod file. Your device will reboot if installation was successful.

If you have already downloaded the UPDATED installer, you may ignore this.
    net_rim_vad.cod

Builders:
    doubleblack
    RobBeane

Hope everyone enjoys

--EDIT--
    I am no longer part of the RBHybrids team, however I am currently working on what would have been RBHybrid v3.1 for 9700 and will release it here under a different name. I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by doubleblack; 08-17-10 at 09:17 PM. Reason: added VAD patch; added edit
    08-14-10 02:25 PM
    boot up time is under 1:30mins, (20+apps and lots of emails+texts saved up), apps open very quick, wifi and bt connect fast... Pretty good hybrid for those that take performance over battery life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vic_machu19; 08-14-10 at 03:48 PM.
    08-14-10 03:40 PM
    No VAD ...
    08-14-10 03:58 PM
    @Phill_UK you mean voice dialing? I just tried enabling it, and am getting a net_rim_vad error popup...are you getting this as well?

net.rim.device.api.ui.component.StandardTitleBar not found?
    08-14-10 04:05 PM
    @Phill_UK you mean voice dialing? I just tried enabling it, and am getting a net_rim_vad error popup...are you getting this as well?

net.rim.device.api.ui.component.StandardTitleBar not found?
    Yup, that's the one I'm getting.

VAD cods mustn't be compatible with the .862 radio
    08-14-10 04:09 PM
    Give me a min to get a fix for you
    08-14-10 04:12 PM
    Give me a min to get a fix for you
    Already done it... just dropped the .862 VAD cods in, and it works OK now
    08-14-10 04:17 PM
    can you post the 862 VAD's in a separate patch for those of us who have already installed?
    08-14-10 04:21 PM
    The patch for working VAD is right here:

net_rim_vad.cod
    08-14-10 04:24 PM
    The patch for working VAD is right here:

net_rim_vad.cod
    that was fast. Thanks!
    08-14-10 04:31 PM
    We do everything fast. Fast hybrids, fast patches, hope you enjoy
    08-14-10 04:34 PM
    Very fast

got a 1:30 boot time
    08-14-10 05:55 PM
    The installers have just been updated. If you are downloading the UPDATED installer, the patch is not necessary. If you are running the original one, and wish to have full VAD - please use the patch via BBSAK.
    Last edited by doubleblack; 08-14-10 at 06:03 PM.
    08-14-10 06:00 PM
    Unfortunately, I've had 2-3 crashes so far when dealing with opening Messages list and sending SMS. May have to downgrade back to FireandIce

Also seems to be very slow in receiving LONG (multi-sms) texts, where it will hang [Receiving Text] for a long time.

BTW: These are my first true blackberry issues/problems. I've gone through many official/leaked/hybrids and this one has been by far the least stable so far.
    Last edited by BIOHazard87; 08-14-10 at 06:40 PM.
    08-14-10 06:25 PM
    Might wanna re install, clean install again.... Ur the first I've ever heard of those problems... Like I said I tested this to the fullest, in everything and didn't see any glitches at all...

08-14-10 07:11 PM
    Hmm...I really don't know what to say about that. There are many people using this with no issues, I would recommend a wipe and fresh install...sounds like something botched during yours.
    08-14-10 07:11 PM
    How bad is the batterylife?
    08-15-10 05:01 AM
    Even with this version I have a problem with the mailer Tiggit latest version, giving me "error MultiMail departure: module 'net_rim_crypto' not found" I can do, thanks for the help.
    08-15-10 07:44 AM
    The battery life is good, just not amazing. I believe the average discharge rate in our testing was approximately 4-5% / hour, which is certainly acceptable - just not amazing. I am working on improving it for v3.1, which would most likely come at the cost of sacrificing a little performance. Trying to get the best compromise I can.

As for the net_rim_crypto missing, I'm gonna have to do a little research. It was in the installer, should be in your Java folder, but was never loaded. I just tried loading it via BBSAK and it didn't take. So gonna have to do a little more investigating there, but will let you know when I have an update
    08-15-10 12:11 PM
    What does the crypto file do, or I should ask what was it supposed to do?

08-15-10 07:20 PM
    Loaded v3.0 and my 9700 is running great so far, not had the 'net_rim_crypto' not found error.. Also checked and i did see the 'net_rim_crypto' in the Java folder before i loaded the hybrid.
    08-15-10 07:37 PM
    Does caller ID work on ATT when the contact number is programed as follow in your phone book *82(xxx) xxx-xxxx

I have not had any luck since .405 stock for ATT.

Thank you
    Last edited by xyzco123; 08-15-10 at 07:58 PM.
    08-15-10 07:49 PM
    net_rim_crypto is a OS6 file not found in OS5, but is required if you use certain crypto files as they call upon it. I am working on figuring this one out, but keep in mind the error is not something everyone will get - it's just when he pulls up that certain app.
    08-15-10 09:00 PM
    No complaints here, this is a very solid hybrid. Freed up a few megs of memory without having to delete any of my apps (I have 15 non-stock apps), leaving me 120-121 MB free. That's about 5 more than another hybrid I was using.

Booted up in about 1 minute 30 seconds. I haven't had any of the issues others have noted. Connects to WiFi seamlessly. And battery life is good but not mind-blowing. Which is fine, I recharge every night anyways as I'm a heavy web and messaging user with the a few calls thrown in there once in a wile..

Keep up the good work, I'll probably be sticking to v3.0 until v3.1 comes out. Or OS6 (fingers crossed).
    08-15-10 10:42 PM
    Hi All,

I'm just about to upgrade however I thought I'd just ask a few quick questions:

1. Has anyone tried streaming video? I had one or two issues with v2.5 streaming video using the latest YouTube player.

2. Is the battery life better than v2.5? Like most people I'm a fairly heavy user in terms of all of the functions; phone, email, browsing, calendar & tasks etc (not to mention BBM) as well as the use of media via bluetooth and still the battery regularly lasts a full 2 days +. (Absolutely brilliant!)

3. Is the browsing experience (in terms of speed) better than v2.5? I know many people complain about the native browser but I must confess that I actually don't mind it. It's not perfect but because v2.5 made it quick and responsive I find it eminently usuable.

4. Is it more stable than v2.5? This has been the most stable and usable hybrid I've ever had - not that I've had that many - but I have between 30 and 40 3rd party apps all working brilliantly. I suppose what I'm asking is I should upgrade now or wait for v3.1?

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks in advance.

Mav.
    08-16-10 04:38 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD