or is it not even possible?
    08-14-10 10:58 AM
    Hopefully someone does

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 02:01 PM
    Keep your eyes on the hybrid forums, they have a partial one working now. No webkit tho.

9550/9520 (Storm 2)
    08-14-10 04:25 PM
    I could do with out the webkit, I would like it but can make do. The things I would like would be pinch to zoom and social feeds. I also would like the global search. If there is a way to get this on my 9550 I will ecstatic!.

08-14-10 05:13 PM
    If I remember correctly, that's 6.0 files and a theme. Take a look at driphter. There are 4 hybrids there for the 9550. None give a visual difference or webkit but there are numerous 6.0 files in them.

08-14-10 05:16 PM
    Use the 6.0 hybrid with an OS6 theme. WJDesigns has a good one. Maybe even somebody has the original theme before RIM forced them to change it.
    08-14-10 05:43 PM
    All I want is the web browser!

I hope someone makes one with it soon.
    08-14-10 05:47 PM
    Features to Be Consistent Across BlackBerry 6 Handsets

News Item Related News Comments

posted Wednesday, 5:06 PM by Eric M. Zeman

Research In Motion recently shared some information regarding BlackBerry 6 with Phone Scoop. BlackBerry 6, which will first be available on the 9800 Torch, will also be provided to the 9700 and 9650 Bolds, and the 9100 Pearl. According to RIM, BlackBerry 6 features and applications will be unchanged across touch and non-touch based BB6 devices. The only difference will be how users interact with the operating system. RIM indicated that the optical trackpad on the 9700, 9650, and 9100 will take the place of the 9800's touch screen, and will offer many of the same gestures and controls. Users of the 9700, 9650, and 9100 can expect to use all the features offered by BB6, none are specific to the 9800 Torch. RIM also clarified that the new WebKit- and HTML5-based browser that is part of BlackBerry 6 will not be offered to devices other than those running BB6. Older devices running BlackBerry OS versions 5.x or 4.x will not be able to download, install, or use the new browser software.

from Research In Motion
    08-14-10 06:35 PM
    Features to Be Consistent Across BlackBerry 6 Handsets

News Item Related News Comments

posted Wednesday, 5:06 PM by Eric M. Zeman

Research In Motion recently shared some information regarding BlackBerry 6 with Phone Scoop. BlackBerry 6, which will first be available on the 9800 Torch, will also be provided to the 9700 and 9650 Bolds, and the 9100 Pearl. According to RIM, BlackBerry 6 features and applications will be unchanged across touch and non-touch based BB6 devices. The only difference will be how users interact with the operating system. RIM indicated that the optical trackpad on the 9700, 9650, and 9100 will take the place of the 9800's touch screen, and will offer many of the same gestures and controls. Users of the 9700, 9650, and 9100 can expect to use all the features offered by BB6, none are specific to the 9800 Torch. RIM also clarified that the new WebKit- and HTML5-based browser that is part of BlackBerry 6 will not be offered to devices other than those running BB6. Older devices running BlackBerry OS versions 5.x or 4.x will not be able to download, install, or use the new browser software.

from Research In Motion
    what about the pintch to zoom...i mean it sounds stupid of me for eveing asking this or atleast i feel stupid for asking but is the pintch to zoom going to work on the track pad??? becuase my fingrs are almost too big for the track pad as it is so i cant imagine using pinch to zoom on it...thats why i went with the storm from my tour instead of the bold because i never had a trackball fail and i actuly preferd it to the track pad and i know im gonna get flamed for that one but i have huge thumbs and the ball worked perfectly for me but i mean i work tech support so i understand the switch to the pad

on a somewhat unrelated note i recently downloaded the redux theme for OS6 form mobi hand it looks really good and its pritty smooth
    08-14-10 06:50 PM
    pinch to zoom wont be avaiable if your phone isnt compatible with OS6........usless they come out with a storm refresh (storm 3).....pinch to zoom is part of OS^=6.unless a hybrid builder can extract it from the OS then ur good. but i dont think its possible
    08-14-10 07:25 PM
    yea i know that but
    Research In Motion recently shared some information regarding BlackBerry 6 with Phone Scoop. BlackBerry 6, which will first be available on the 9800 Torch, will also be provided to the 9700 and 9650 Bolds, and the 9100 Pearl. According to RIM, BlackBerry 6 features and applications will be unchanged across touch and non-touch based BB6 devices. The only difference will be how users interact with the operating system. RIM indicated that the optical trackpad on the 9700, 9650, and 9100 will take the place of the 9800's touch screen, and will offer many of the same gestures and controls.
    my question is the pinch to zoom available on track pad devices because it doesnt seem really possible to use pinch to zoom on the track pad because of its size i know i cant fit two fingers on one trackpad
    08-14-10 08:28 PM
    I believe pinch 2 zoom is only available on touch screen bb's such as the torch.
    08-14-10 09:34 PM
    yea i figured as much just wasnt sure becuase of the above statments from the article but it really didnt make sence to me on how it would work
    08-14-10 10:20 PM
    No, you will not have pinch zooming using the trackpad.

Side note: How do I make that emoticon of someone banging their head against wall? I am posting from my phone, as usual, so maybe I am missing that as an option but this would be a great time to use it.
    08-15-10 12:37 AM
    The only way we could get a couple of key features from OS6 into the Storm is a hybrid that uses the V6 sfi file, with mostly OS5 apps, the OS5 GUI, but the OS6 browser and a couple of of the OS6 apps.

I'm not sure if OS6 will run the OS5 core apps, but my gut says it will.

If its possible, it will NOT happen until the experimental OS6 for Storm is leaked so we can steal the sfi and a small number of core apps.
    08-15-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD