Does anyone know how to select and delete multiple messages (Email and Text) on the Blackberry Torch 9800, had no problem on my Blackberry Bold 9000.

Not cool to delete one by one, can take some time!

Thanks, Juz Jose
    Last edited by juz1jose; 08-14-10 at 09:56 AM. Reason: mis-spell word
    08-14-10 09:55 AM
    Does anyone know how to select and delete multiple messages (Email and Text) on the Blackberry Torch 9800, had no problem on my Blackberry Bold 9000.

Not cool to delete one by one, can take some time!

Thanks, Juz Jose
    It works just like the Bold!!!!!
    In the message folder, hold "CAPS" and scroll down to highlight all of the messages to delete and then hit the "del" button OR highlight the date>hit BB button>Hit "Delete Prior".
    08-14-10 10:33 AM
    Thanks it's works Great, I am now able to manage and clean up my in-box!

The more you learn about the Blackberry Torch 9800, the more you will learn to love it, and I say to everyone just give it time and don't give up so quickly on the Torch!

Juz Jose
    08-14-10 11:39 AM
    Use two fingers to make a selection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 11:40 AM
    I tried doing this on my Blackberry Torch and I'm not able to select/highlight more than one text message in the conversation at a time...
    12-16-10 11:24 AM
    I just tried it as well and it does work. However I think there is a difference between selecting several text messages in the message list (which would delete the whole conversations) or selecting individual messages inside a single conversation. When viewing the messages in a particular conversation, it does appear that you can only select one message at a time. But when you are viewing the " text messages" list, you can use the 2-finger method to select multiple conversations then delete them all at once.
    12-16-10 12:30 PM
    Scroll up to the Date Bar above the last message. Hit the Menu Button and click "Delete Prior". All messages will be gone! There is a slight glitch in the OS that prevents the menu from coming up every now and then on mine but a simple reboot and it is available again. You could do this on the Bold as well! The best tip I ever got IMO.
    modine likes this.
    12-16-10 03:15 PM
    Can select multiple items with the touchscreen.

Put finger 1 down on start of selection and hold.
    Put finger 2 down on the end of the selection.
    Release finger 1.
    Release finger 2.
    12-16-10 03:21 PM
    Be careful with "delete prior"... if you are in your "messages" and you click "delete prior", it will delete all your prior messages of all kinds that are shown in your "messages" - for me that is both my email accounts, my text messages and my BBMs. So if you just want to get rid of your text messages before a certain date, first make sure you are in the "text messages", then select the most recent text you want to delete, and click "delete prior". That one and all the older ones will be deleted.
    12-16-10 03:26 PM
    Be careful with "delete prior"... if you are in your "messages" and you click "delete prior", it will delete all your prior messages of all kinds that are shown in your "messages" - for me that is both my email accounts, my text messages and my BBMs. So if you just want to get rid of your text messages before a certain date, first make sure you are in the "text messages", then select the most recent text you want to delete, and click "delete prior". That one and all the older ones will be deleted.
    Very true! Also, if you are using a BES the "Delete Prior" only deletes messages from the device not Outlook. If you want the option to delete from both then you need to do either process listed above of highlighting the desired messages to be deleted and hit delete. It will then give you the option to remove from just the device or both!
    12-16-10 03:42 PM
    I just tried it as well and it does work. However I think there is a difference between selecting several text messages in the message list (which would delete the whole conversations) or selecting individual messages inside a single conversation. When viewing the messages in a particular conversation, it does appear that you can only select one message at a time. But when you are viewing the " text messages" list, you can use the 2-finger method to select multiple conversations then delete them all at once.
    Thanks, I do see how I can select several email messages or text conversations at once. However like you said that deletes the whole conversation, I was hoping I could delete several text messages within one single conversation, but am still having to do it one message at a time. Unless I'm not doing this correctly, I still can't seem to delete multiple messages at a time within one text conversation.
    12-19-10 11:25 PM
    Can you do multiple deletions using the VIRTUAL KEYBOARD. I'm finding simple things in the Torch a real pain. I wish RIM would just stick to improving the email service making it easier to manage emails, messaging and the business functions. Rather than trying to compete with Apple which they can't do.

I may have to revert to my 8900 curve or buy a bold.
    12-20-10 11:29 AM
    I tried doing this on my Blackberry Torch and I'm not able to select/highlight more than one text message in the conversation at a time...
    Does not work for SMS only email or are you referring to a gmail email thread?

Can you do multiple deletions using the VIRTUAL KEYBOARD. I'm finding simple things in the Torch a real pain. I wish RIM would just stick to improving the email service making it easier to manage emails, messaging and the business functions. Rather than trying to compete with Apple which they can't do.

I may have to revert to my 8900 curve or buy a bold.
    Do it the way the device expected instead of how you expect it and it will work. This is no different than switching between XP and Win7. There are differences and you have to conform to the new way.
    12-20-10 11:42 AM

Release finger 1.
    Release finger 2.
    Works perfect.
    12-20-10 11:49 AM
    Does not work for SMS only email or are you referring to a gmail email thread?
    Yes I meant for SMS, just my text messages not my email. Thanks!
    12-22-10 09:37 PM
    But...if you come back to your BB and have 100 odd emails, and you need to keep every other one as a worst case, you will still need to go through and delete emails...one by one which is v v painful.

I have just lost my iphone 4 so thought I would try the BB. I like it but there are some things that it can be improved on. Like a disable email option, whilst sat at my desk I dont want to be receiving email in front of me and on my mobile besides me.

The iphone had this disable email feature and you could also pick and choose what individual email to delete very easily.
    Last edited by karltenerife; 01-24-11 at 03:01 PM.
    01-24-11 02:56 PM

Release finger 1.
    Release finger 2.
    Yep, it's easier to do it this way, to me. Took me a sec to remember to remove finger 1 first.
    01-24-11 03:45 PM
    highlight the date>hit BB button>Hit "Delete Prior".
    Slick.....
    01-24-11 08:56 PM

Release finger 1.
    Release finger 2.

I was wondering how to delete multiple emails on the touchscreen. Thanks for the tip!
    01-24-11 09:14 PM

Release finger 1.
    Release finger 2.
    Yes, I had been doing that but it's limited to the emails in view on screen, ie a maximum of half a dozen. Then you have to delete then next half dozen, and so on......

There ought to be a 'Select All' option.
    03-14-11 04:17 PM
    Yes, I had been doing that but it's limited to the emails in view on screen, ie a maximum of half a dozen. Then you have to delete then next half dozen, and so on......

There ought to be a 'Select All' option.
    That's what delete prior is for... Do a delete prior on the date.
    03-14-11 05:39 PM
    Several have replied, but let me give what I think are clearer instructions on how to select multiple messages, texts, or other list items on a Blackberry touchscreen.

1) Decide which direction you will be deleting, up from bottom or down from top. This is critical if you expect to delete more than one screen full of tiems by scrolling.

2) Using two fingers, first touch start message then touch end meegage of group. EX: if you were planning on scrolling down to selct more, you would first top the top message, then while keep ing that finger in contactquickly touch another message below.

3) you can now selct addtional messages IN THE SAME DIRECTION. IF you started your selction downward, you cna continue downward, If you started selecting upward, you can continue upward. If you select in the opposite direction from your original direction, or use the trackpad, you will use your selections.

4) to scroll to selct more than one screenful of items, touch in the hihglighted area and scroll in the orginal doirection. you can then selct addtional items as long as you continue in the same direction.

5) You can then delete, file etc, all selected items.

I have seen postings about using the left shift key and then using the trackball. THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH VIRTUAL KEYBOARDS.

Hope this helps.
    11-25-11 08:59 PM
    Thanks for sharing this question. I have a great solution of this. Add a new app into your mobile that is multiple contacts delete. This is available for all blackberry mobile models. It�s very helpful application. So install it in your mobile free and paid.
    09-23-12 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD