Hi,
    As shown in my screenshots below:
    http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3...m50138bug1.jpg
    http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4...m50138bug2.jpg

After upgrade my BBM from 5.0.1.32 to 5.0.1.38, sometimes when I chat with one person (ie: DI) another persons (ie:RR and MSMaD) can accidentally join in my chat!!.
    Then, my personal chat acts like a conference chat, with all parties can read all we type there. This is totally unacceptable!!
    When I turn off "Show Participant Names" option, I never know that someone else replied my message.
    Also, all of us never know, another person joined if he/she never type a reply, but he/she can read our discussion.

Does anyone experience problem like this?
    Last edited by wsaputro; 08-13-10 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typo
    08-13-10 02:45 PM
    I hope you will contact RIM directly about this issue, ASAP. yes??
    08-13-10 02:48 PM
    Yes, I already submit a feedback in Blackberry Beta Zone.
    08-13-10 02:51 PM
    awesome

----
    08-13-10 02:54 PM
    How is this possible? Can they only join in your chats, or can you read theirs as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 03:32 PM
    How is this possible? Can they only join in your chats, or can you read theirs as well?

After they join my chat, all of us share the same text. Just like a conference chat.

08-13-10 10:15 PM
    That's so weird! It's funny how they can even join your chat. Do they get an option to do so, or does it just happen automatically? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just curious, because I definitely don't want uninvited guests reading my conversations!

08-13-10 11:46 PM
    That's so weird! It's funny how they can even join your chat. Do they get an option to do so, or does it just happen automatically? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just curious, because I definitely don't want uninvited guests reading my conversations!

It just happen automatically. They are all my friend and listed in my BBM Contact list. I asked them and no one intentionally join my chat.
    08-14-10 01:48 PM
    The fix for this is that of a rather easy one. Just simply close all your open chats and the problem will no longer exist. Not sure as to why it happens in the first place. Not saying RIM won't correct it in a later update but for now, that's how to correct it.
    08-17-10 04:20 PM
    Close and reopen chat doesn't resolve my issue. its not "just my display" issue, but my chat become a conference. All parties can read all and comment to all. I have also review my saved chat history, and all message listed in a single .csv file. so far, no comment from RIM for this issue.

08-17-10 04:59 PM
    WOW! This is creepy! I hope RIM finds a solution to this quick cuz I can just imagine the knee deep $#!* some people would be in if this happened to them.

08-17-10 05:56 PM
    this also happened to some (beta v.32) of my contacts ( i never experienced it on my bb ) and was discussed in Beta Zone - why no fix ? who knows - sometimes i wondered if they actually listened to the complaints at all
    08-17-10 07:02 PM
    The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!

Obviously, the OP did something wrong. No one else is having this problem.
    08-17-10 07:06 PM
    Can't say I am or my contacts are, so I'm good. We all upgraded as well.

08-17-10 08:25 PM
    awesome

----
    don't awesome" it just yet.. :-D Did you try to select text from BM .38 chats?? I never could..anymore..
    08-18-10 10:39 AM
    The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!

Obviously, the OP did something wrong. No one else is having this problem.
    Hahahahahhahhaha
    08-28-10 03:25 PM
    I was also facing this issue in the beta, not sure about the current release as I am still using older version. Can't take risk
    08-28-10 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD