Hey guys, Im gonna be headed to college soon and I was wondering if there were some apps that you guys have used that you think would be a good idea to have? For any reason?

Thanks!
    08-13-10 11:50 AM
    how about one for finding all the hot chicks on campus? (one with coordinates for GM)
    08-13-10 11:54 AM
    how about one for finding all the hot chicks on campus? (one with coordinates for GM)
    Lol, that would be sweet.

Seriously, here's some apps I use/like:
    I use Docs to Go quite a bit. Actually, I mainly just use word to go, but the others can be useful.
    Profiler by toysoft is handy to turn your phone to silent during class time.
    If you use google docs, check out this free app: googleDocsReader -- A Google Docs client for Blackberry OS5 and higher
    StudentDocket is a great app, but I don't have it, 10 bucks is too much for me. If you only have 3 classes tho you can use the free version.
    CrackBerry just reviewed a free student app on the homepage, I downloaded it but haven't checked it out yet.
    bbnotepad is useful
    Dictionary.com has an app
    I've used opera mini a lot to get stuff off blackboard.
    I've used mobipocket ebook reader to read a book for class.
    I also use the native calendar and a today screen.
    That's all I can think of for now. Good luck with school
    08-13-10 01:17 PM
    As a grad.... Backup your Phone. I use free mIQ app... It is very rare to go out in college, especially when just starting out, and not have someone in your group lose their phone. Have fun!
    08-13-10 05:42 PM
    If your school has a dedicated BlackBerry app, pick that up as well!

For instance, my alma mater, Duke University, just released an app for BlackBerry that has course information, bus schedules, restaurant information and hours, and a campus map to name just a few things.
    08-13-10 06:47 PM
    Poynt to find places to eat for those late nights after most places are closed.
    08-13-10 06:55 PM
    Use Google Sync, so you can add all your Due dates and schedules and etc on google calendar on your computer and it auto syncs it to your BB.

So much more convenient than typing it on your BlackBerry

I've used opera mini a lot to get stuff off blackboard.
    +1 for blackboard, webct, mycampus or whatever your campus uses, the normal browser never displays my stuff properly
    Last edited by shankeith; 08-13-10 at 09:33 PM.
    08-13-10 09:30 PM
    I use these daily:
    Docs to Go - Word, Excel, Powerpoint on the go
    Poynt - great for exploring new places around town
    Viigo/BerryReader - always good to be up on current events, sports news, etc.
    SportyPal - avoid that freshman 15
    CardStar - so your keychain/wallet isn't cluttered with all those club cards to grocery stores, etc.

Good luck at college!
    08-14-10 01:50 AM
    If you will need to rely on the bus for travel, Bus Alerts would be a useful app as well.
    08-14-10 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD