Hey guys

I have a problem with my BB8900 and the trackball. All of a sudden it is stuck when scrolling down. I am able to scroll up - left and right, but scrolling down is impossible. In the past it has worked after playing with the trackball for a little bit but and it worked again. But this time it is not working. I already took out the battery and it worked again.

I really don't feel like replacing it but I may have if it doesn't work again.

What else can I do to make it work? T-Mobile does not have repair stores here.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciate...
    Steven
    08-13-10 10:43 AM
    There are videos on YouTube that show you how to take apart your 8900. I've personally done it, and replaced my trackball with one I ordered from Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,. This might be your best bet and will likely cost you less than $10 to do.
    08-13-10 10:55 AM
    If you google your problem you may be able to find a solution. It worked for me. Try pushing down the ball then scroll down.
    08-13-10 11:19 AM
    In a message use the space key to scroll down and T=Top, B=Bottom.

Try to clean it with a Q-tip dipped in a little Windex (Make sure it doesn't drip)

You can get a new one here: Blackberry Curve 8900 (Javelin) Parts & Accessories
    08-13-10 08:17 PM
    try cleaning it with alcohol. you could use a q-tip or just an alcohol pad. just clean the track. try also forcing it down like click it and scroll down. might work. if not you could get a track ball for like 10 bucks and replace with videos that are on youtube. people would charge way too much for a trackball replacement
    08-14-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD