I don't reset often but this has happened with the last few OS's I ran. Each time I reset which is about once a week, maybe twice, I have about 2-3 mbs less memory. So I loaded .797 on 8/6 and had 38 mbs free on start up. I restarted with new BBM and after loading twitter client and now I am down to 28 mbs free. That's 10 mbs less app memory in only a few days. I am on BES, but when I check my DB sizes they only come to about 2.3 mbs. So its not like I have a ton of messages and appointments.

This happened as well on .591 and .685 hybrids.

Just wondering on where this memory is going and why.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 09:42 AM
    I've had a memory problem from day one. However, since I put .797 on my storm my memory leaking has been about 1/2 meg over a 3 day period as long as I use only the standard theme supplied on the storm. If I put any other theme and I have tried a ton of them the memory leaks so fast that I have to reboot 2-3 times a day. Also, some other programs that I have used in the past cause memory loss as well. .797 is by far the best OS I have used since owning my Storm for a year. It is fast loading pages in the browser, etc.
    08-13-10 10:01 AM
    Unfortunately this is something you have to deal with on every OS, and hasn't improved at all from OS 4 to OS 6.
    08-13-10 10:25 AM
    Yeah I just played around with a torch and it was completely jacked up. Touch screen was unresponsive and there was tremendous lag. Clearly it was getting beat up in the store but it was in bad shape.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD