Received the BB 9800 yesterday and have set it up with no problems... EXCEPT... didn't find the Facebook icon in the Social Networks... tried to download it via App World.... there isn't a download button for it, just reviews, etc. Then tried to download it directly using the browser and got a message saying..."Device doesn't meet system requirements that are needed for Facebook" I have no idea how to get around this. Anyone else have something like this happen and doesn't anyone have any suggestions please. Thanks.
    08-13-10 08:39 AM
    I have the exact same problem. I'm sure the 9800 has sufficient "system requirements". I tried downloading from the BB browser, and also via my computer - both with the same error. Anyone?????
    08-13-10 10:23 AM
    The 9800 comes with fb 1.8 installed, this hasn't been released publically yet which is why you're unable to downlod it directly (the only available download is fb 1.7 which won't load as you're 9800 requires 1.8)

Obviously that doesn't answer your question as to why its not already on your device, but that is why you can't download the app directly.

I'd plug into DM and load facebook from the 141 OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 10:33 AM
    It may be hidden. Try Show All from the BB menu in the All screen.
    08-13-10 10:50 AM
    First, do a Universal Search from the homescreen (i.e., open the keyboard while on the homescreen and type "facebook"). If FB is installed, and it should be, you will see the icon come up.

You can also check in Options > Device > Application Management and see if it appears there. If it does, and there's something -- anything -- wrong with it, say, because of something you did in Device Switch with your old phone, delete it, then d/l and install .141, run DM 6, click on Applications and select FB to install it back on the phone.
    08-13-10 10:50 AM
    It may be hidden. Try Show All from the BB menu in the All screen.
    Tsk, tsk. Living in the past! Universal Search is the way to go now -- it will bring up everything, including icons that are hidden and buried somewhere. It is a huge feature.

Also, Show All will only appear if you have hidden something -- nothing comes hidden on the phone. You never know, but you think the OP would know if they selected the FB icon and hid it.
    08-13-10 10:56 AM
    I've stated this in a couple other threads, if you had FB or any other apps that are pre-installed on the Torch on your previous phone and used the device switch wizard, those apps will get screwed. I got an error when doing the switch because I had FB installed on my bold, then when I finally got things squared away I had no FB icon either. I ended up downloading the OS from AT&T and running app loader which showed the option to "upgrade" FB. Worked like a charm.
    08-13-10 11:50 AM
    First, do a Universal Search from the homescreen (i.e., open the keyboard while on the homescreen and type "facebook"). If FB is installed, and it should be, you will see the icon come up.

You can also check in Options > Device > Application Management and see if it appears there. If it does, and there's something -- anything -- wrong with it, say, because of something you did in Device Switch with your old phone, delete it, then d/l and install .141, run DM 6, click on Applications and select FB to install it back on the phone.
    What's a .141? I have that problem
    08-14-10 02:13 AM
    1.7 FB will load on your torch... I did it till I got my beta code to use the beta version from my bold. I transferred everything from my bb bold over to my torch with no problems and everything installed fine. I just didn't want to wait for the 24 - 48 hour response for new keycodes with the new pin.
    08-14-10 05:15 AM
    You should try to have the service books resent to the phone so that the icon to install the app shows up again.
    Not sure it will work, but it's worth a try.
    08-14-10 06:24 AM
    FB is in the Set Up folder along with MySpace and Twitter.
    Don't load it from App World, it's an older version and there may be incompatibility issues that may result in uncaught exception errors.
    Don't do a DM device switch if FB is there in your old device - remove the old FB first.

But to keep it short - FB is in the Set Up folder - click on the icon and go to Social Networking.
    08-14-10 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD