Is anyone having an issue where when you snap a picture there is a delay? You can see what I am talking about better if you take a picture of the TV while its on. Whatever you take a picture of, it is not that same pic when you go back and look at it. I have never seen this before with a blackberry. Is it just mine? Should I get a replacement?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 08:33 AM
    You can change the settings of the camera. When in camera mode just hit the button that is on the far right and it pulls up different options.
    08-13-10 08:39 AM
    I have tried every setting...do you know a specific one that might help?

08-13-10 08:46 AM
    That's what I'd like to know. I haven't taken the time to play with the camera settings, so if somebody who already has knows how to get rid of that delay, post it up.
    08-13-10 08:47 AM
    Have you tried the sports setting? Does it still have a delay?
    08-13-10 08:47 AM
    One thing I just found out is that if you turn off the flash the delay goes away.
    08-13-10 08:50 AM
    I will try in a little bit but why should we have to put it on sports setting to be normal lol...never had to do that before

08-13-10 08:51 AM
    One thing I just found out is that if you turn off the flash the delay goes away.
    Yeah, that's it. I see that with autoflash on and taking pics outside, there's no delay. Only inside when it needs the flash.
    08-13-10 08:56 AM
    I will try in a little bit but why should we have to put it on sports setting to be normal lol...never had to do that before
    Likely due to the new facial recognition and/or auto focusing. plus if it's a staged picture, usually people futz around for a second regardless to make sure everyone's in the shot... If it needs a flash, it lights up the area (probably to reduce red-eye as well), the spotlight turns off, then flashes with the shutter.

I tried Sport Mode last night and it was quite responsive in terms of a digital camera, but not as fast as a (D)SLR.
    08-13-10 08:59 AM

Sorry, wasn't trying to imply that it had to be in sports mode to be normal, I was just trying to see if there was a delay there as well. I figured out that if you shut the flash off there is no delay.
    08-13-10 09:06 AM
    I just went in to the att store and the manager tried it on his phone and was pretty pissed. He said he has a conference cal later and will bring it up. He said if they realize this is an issue they will send over an update to download to fix the problem.

08-13-10 09:19 AM
    I also get at little lag from the camera. But i think its just normal. Im not complaining...its night and day better than my Bold's camera!
    08-13-10 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD