A few days ago I posted a thread with my comparison between several OS for 9700, now it is time for the newest release.

First statement: 743 sucks, after the experience I wasn't sure to upgrade, but after I did I have to say it is the best release so far:

- Runs all my apps smoothly without lags or crashing: Google maps, Gmail, BBM (last release 5.0.1.38), BBMaps, Facebook, Tweeter, BBExplorer.

- Reboot time is still a pain in the ****, takes a lot of time (watch the CrackBerry videos, they are real!).

- No significant difference in signal quality or overall speed, compared vs 656.

- Battery lasts a lot! it is awesome, I disconnected today at 6:30am and now being 10:30pm I have 65% left.

- Memory I have available: 114.3MB with all apps I mentioned installed and emails 2 weeks old + Facebook & Twitter stuff.

Hope the info is useful for those wanting an option while waiting for OS6.
    08-12-10 10:31 PM
    I agree. 743, even the hybrids, were not so good. Rockin the stock 862 on AT&T and loving it.

The only thing I don't like with the newer OS's is radio reconnect times. I work in a building that has a DOD quality basement where no phones get a signal. If I'm down there for more than a few minutes, the phone shows a little "x" for no signal, and it takes about 5 - 10 minutes for the phone to re-try acquiring a signal when I get back from downstairs. If I turn the radio off then on, it comes back instantly. Is there a way to change the poling on the phones radio in the OS?
    08-13-10 08:59 AM
    Back to .656 for me
    08-13-10 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD