*People forced to use Blackberry by their company need not apply*

So even the latest and greatest Blackberry has a bunch of cons when compared to the Droids and iphones.
    Slower processor
    Lower resolution screen
    Slow web browser (yeah even the webkit)
    lower battery life (droidx has 8hr talk, Droid2 9.5hrs, iphone4 7hrs), the best Blackberry battery wise is the 9700 with 6hrs talk time.
    Expensive apps / more useful apps on droid and iphone
    Those are facts, you can make excuses about it til your blue in the face, don't change that thing.

So why do you stay?
    For me, I'm not really sure. I can say "It just works" but so does every other smart phone I've mentioned. Perhaps I'm staying because it's what I'm use too. Like staying with your slow fat hag wife, when you could have a hot blonde bombshell, your just comfortable with each other and enjoy each others company. Although I do hope RIM has listened to the criticism leveled against them lately and changes their whole "plan out 3yrs" approach to hardware and start encouraging app developers to support the platform, from what I've read it's a lot more expensive to develop a Blackberry app.

So how bout you guys/gals? Why are you staying to Blackberry?
    08-12-10 09:11 PM
    This has been discussed time and time again..

We like our blackberries!
    08-12-10 09:14 PM
    The reason I am staying is I do not want my calendar and contacts out on Google. I rely heavily on my POP3 email and am satisified with the notifications, custom themes, etc BB offers and am paritial to a keyboard. I am very unhappy with the browser which is why I am on the edge and the older I get the larger screen I want - okay, need.
    08-12-10 09:51 PM
    different strokes, dude! I like (as I've stated a ZILLION times) the feature of my Storm2. simple as that. if you don't like BB's, go get a jesus phone or Android. I'm fine with that. cheers.
    08-12-10 10:01 PM
    I like my blackberry.... obviously
    08-12-10 10:07 PM
    Push email, simplicity of use... We have many reasons.
    08-12-10 10:08 PM
    Its just perfect. I like the feel of it. I like the software. I like the brand (yes, I said that). I like the hardware. I like the keyboard.
    But most importantly: I have no desire owning any of the other phones. Just don't speak to me bb does.
    You become emotionally attached to something.

Getting just a little tired of all the "justification" type threads.
    Reminds me of the "why on earth do you drive domestic cars?!?"

Because I friggen like it!
    08-12-10 10:10 PM
    dont be upset cause ur not getting OS6.....be honest

boo-hoo =..(
    08-12-10 10:12 PM
    Somehow I doubt that if you have a slow, fat, hag wife you can have a blonde bombshell, lol.
    08-12-10 10:29 PM
    Blackberry Messenger.
    08-12-10 11:11 PM
    I feel sorry for your wife.
    08-12-10 11:15 PM
    Hahahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-12-10 11:20 PM
    Somehow I doubt that if you have a slow, fat, hag wife you can have a blonde bombshell, lol.
    you can if you win the lottery
    08-12-10 11:24 PM
    Its ability as a phone, first and foremost. After that is the way it handles email and messaging. BBM is a nice bonus.
    08-13-10 12:39 AM
    Because my Dx has yet to arrive!

08-13-10 01:51 AM
    Because blackberrys fits me an my use. I just could never own a droid or I phone they don't impress me all they are to much alike yet so diffrent. Blackberrys are soild tuff reliable shure they lack some power but I can care less about power never bugged me one bit. To me blackberry is more than just a phone its a way of life some people like me. Owning a blackberry is like owning my rolex in way. I own them both with great pride. My 9700 has been great to me yes battery pulls do happen. Other wise I can't complan at all major up grade a 9100.that's for shure. ackberry.com
    Last edited by mniniSnowta; 08-13-10 at 02:05 AM.
    08-13-10 01:53 AM
    I keep my blackberry because it does what I need it to and i'm satisfied.

08-13-10 02:15 AM
    I keep my blackberry because it does what I need it to and i'm satisfied.

Couldn't of put it better. Had it for 5+ years and will have a BlackBerry, whatever model/models that will be, for another 5+

08-13-10 02:34 AM
    I'm just waiting for Sept. 1st when I will be getting my Epic. I am tired of watching BB just put out old technology and barely moving forward.

08-13-10 02:35 AM
    i am just satisfied with my blackberry... :-)
    08-13-10 02:46 AM
    Because it is my choice as a consumer, because I like the UI, I like the hardware, it does what I want, it gets me through my day the way I want it to, and I have seen nothing else out there that impresses me or makes me wish I had it instead of Blackberry.
    Don't like Android, played with it. Don't like Apple except for iPods, briefly owned a 3GS and was on the verge of buying the 4G as a companion to my BBerry when realised I couldn't stand certain segments of iPhone owners or the "you're holding it wrong" mentality that says that the consumer must abide by Jobs' rules and make excuses for the device's structural problems.

And I intensely dislike the arrogance displayed by some users of those platforms who feel that they know better than me what I should want/need/like.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 08-13-10 at 03:57 AM.
    08-13-10 03:53 AM
    Because it is my choice as a consumer, because I like the UI, I like the hardware, it does what I want, it gets me through my day the way I want it to, and I have seen nothing else out there that impresses me or makes me wish I had it instead of Blackberry.
    Same here. I'm a very techy person, always upgrading my PC and my home theater, but when it comes to a phone I need a phone first, the rest is secondary. As a communications device (which is what a phone should be, after all) the BlackBerry can't be beat. Android and iPhone are about as appealing to me as a dead skunk on the side of the road.
    08-13-10 06:07 AM
    Android and iPhone are about as appealing to me as a dead skunk on the side of the road.
    ooo...hhhhmmm....love the visual....

is it me or does dead skunk smell tend to have a slightly sweet undertone????
    Not pleasant, but sweet....
    08-13-10 06:17 AM
    The only reason I'm still with my 9700 is money & options. Right now I don't have the money to get a better device & if I'm going to get another device, I want one that will be worth having for 2 years & can be upgraded during that time respectibly.

08-13-10 07:14 AM
    Because I'm stuck in a contract with Verizon, and when that ends I want to buy a top of the line phone so you get software updates for a while...not a refresh or something 6 months old so I'm not getting the D2, DInc, or DX.

Also, I'm holding out for a typing experience that matches my clickscreen. D2 might solve that problem but again, not really an improvement over the D1.

I highly doubt BB will be able to retain me.
    08-13-10 08:52 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD