Just got my phone today. Trackpad works after battery pull/reboot, after a couple of screen opens and closes, seems to stop working altogether. Touch screen works fine, but can't seem to figure out this trackpad issue. Thoughts?
    08-12-10 08:21 PM
    Mine isn't responding well, but it works. Its just really slow even at 90 sensitivity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 11:04 PM
    I noticed this just a moment ago and though I have it on sensitive and it scrools fine and fast on browser, at times it seems to be sluggish? It has not bother me yet as it seems to be working 95% of the time.
    08-12-10 11:27 PM
    my track pad is late to respond as well. I am thinking about going to return it tomorrow and get a new one
    08-12-10 11:57 PM
    I have the same issue. Very concerning.

08-13-10 12:07 AM
    I have the same issue. Very concerning.

Do you think this is fixable via a software patch? Also try wrapping your finger in a cloth and use the trackpad, works perfectly fine right? Somehow its not tracking my skin well hmm. Defect?

08-13-10 12:33 AM
    Well, took it back today and exchanged for another Torch. The trackpad just completely stopped working altogether. The new one seems to work fine. Kinda worrisome but I'm hopeful it was just a fluke.
    08-13-10 10:22 PM
    I'm on my 3rd replacement...
    First one had a wobbly screen, 2nd had the trackpad issue.
    This one seems good, though I think the trackpad is a little laggy.
    At least att has been good at replacing them. I'm not sure if its just me - maybe I'm just really picky and look for the same standards the 9700 trackpad had?

08-13-10 10:31 PM
    No trackpad issue here. I feel kinda weird that I have a device that doesn't have the issues that others keep noticing.
    08-13-10 10:44 PM
    No trackpad issue here. I feel kinda weird that I have a device that doesn't have the issues that others keep noticing.
    Words of a true fanboi. Lol
    08-13-10 10:51 PM
    The trackpad on my torch has been working fine fo me. It scrolls smoothly and works like the one on my 9700.

One thing I have noticed withthe track pad: if typing with the om screen keyboard and you lightly tap it (not click it, the backspace key become the delete like the one on the computi I'd it on accident the first time and thought my phone had crapped out on me.

08-13-10 11:10 PM
    This is my first trackpad and I am noticing that - as it is humid in Miami - when my fingers are more moist it's hard to slide them across the trackpad and even the touchscreen...and the trackpad is not very responsive.

When I'm inside and totally dry I can feel my finger move much easier across the screen and trackpad and everything is more responsive.

I am not sure if this is a personal problem, a problem with my device, or something with the trackpad and touchscreen that is natural and normal...

EDIT: Since I had no basis of how a trackpad -should- work, coming from a 9000, I did not realize that my issues were not normal. It is normal for the moisture to make it harder to swipe with the trackpad, but it should still work fine - mine was not. I ended up swapping my Torch for a new one at AT&T and it's much better! That's the only minor defect mine had and my new one seems perfect.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 09-14-10 at 11:54 AM.
    08-14-10 11:48 AM
    The trackpad on my 9800 is working absolutely fine. Actually, it seems sturdier than my 9700's trackpad. Pleasant surprise to me.
    08-14-10 12:01 PM
    I just got my new Torch the other day, and within about 20 minutes of getting back to my office, the trackpad suddenly stopped functioning.
    I tried a battery pull, and no dice.
    I do wonder if it has anything to do with any updates, or the fact that I have it activated with a BES?
    I called AT&T and the rep I spoke with said she hadn't heard any complaints as of yet. She did log my issue in the system, so they should be aware of it now.

Heading to the store now to exchange this one... I just hope the new one works (and stays working). Looks like they may have had a batch of bad parts here...

-Ryan
    08-21-10 08:47 AM
    Do you think this is fixable via a software patch? Somehow its not tracking my skin well hmm. Defect?

we have 4 torches in the house..
    all 3 are ok with the trackpad.
    my brother's trackpad is not responding to his finger 100% of the time.
    we think his skin is not registering to the trackpad
    08-21-10 08:54 AM
    we have 4 torches in the house..
    all 3 are ok with the trackpad.
    my brother's trackpad is not responding to his finger 100% of the time.
    we think his skin is not registering to the trackpad
    To clarify - does his work fine for the rest of you - just not him? And does his "skin" not work on your Torch's? weird!
    08-21-10 10:37 AM
    This is my first trackpad and I am noticing that - as it is humid in Miami - when my fingers are more moist it's hard to slide them across the trackpad and even the touchscreen...and the trackpad is not very responsive.

When I'm inside and totally dry I can feel my finger move much easier across the screen and trackpad and everything is more responsive.

I am not sure if this is a personal problem, a problem with my device, or something with the trackpad and touchscreen that is natural and normal...
    That is common with most touch sensitive things. The moisture sometimes prevents the screen/trackpad to recognize your finger. This has happened to me on every capacitive touchscreen I owned, and on the 9700's trackpad while I had it.
    08-21-10 12:08 PM
    I've noticed the same thing on mine. Its only in the browser though. Scrolling horizontally works fine but going vertically is very slow or sometimes no movement. I just noticed this today after spending a lot of time playing with the phone.
    08-21-10 02:21 PM
    I've noticed the same thing on mine. Its only in the browser though. Scrolling horizontally works fine but going vertically is very slow or sometimes no movement. I just noticed this today after spending a lot of time playing with the phone.
    i have the same problem! frustrated...
    09-04-10 02:24 AM
    I actually have a very interesting but extremely annoying and actually very troublesome issue with my trackpad that I haven't seen anyone else mention, at least in the places I've looked. Sometimes, and it seems to be happening more and more in the past few days, when I use the trackpad to scroll one way or the other, all the sudden it just starts scrolling to the left as if I were scrolling left, but I'm not even touching it. I just sit there and watch the cursor move to the left, sometimes a few characters, and sometimes it just keeps going and going, all the way back up the text of whatever I was looking at, until I do something about it. I've actually taken maybe 60 seconds trying to fight it so I could make an edit in a sentence I was typing. I needed to go back and change something, so I would scroll back and delete and start typing, but it had already automatically scrolled left leaving my new typing to interrupt the word that was there. I went back and forth like this, fighting it, for seriously a minute or two before it finally stopped. I noticed it a couple of times the first week I had it (I've had it about two weeks now) but in the last few days it seems to have gotten significantly worse.

I sure as **** hope the OS update will fix this and the other random little problems with the phone, because I so do not want to take it back and exchange it and have to completely set up a brand new phone again.
    09-04-10 03:05 AM
    Just got my phone today. Trackpad works after battery pull/reboot, after a couple of screen opens and closes, seems to stop working altogether. Touch screen works fine, but can't seem to figure out this trackpad issue. Thoughts?
    Take it back...

09-04-10 04:59 PM
    Take it back...

LOL...I did on 8/13 and posted about it.
    09-04-10 08:27 PM
    LOL...I did on 8/13 and posted about it.
    That's what happens when ya don't read......
    09-04-10 08:33 PM
    That's what happens when ya don't read......
    Sorry - with the way theses threads go off topic and the trolls bashing the 9800 I've only been reading the OP(s) lately.

My girlfrends trackpad went out yesterday and was replying to this tread while standing in line at the AT&T store this morning - was looking to see if this was a wide spread problem...

09-04-10 08:40 PM
    Sorry - with the way theses threads go off topic and the trolls bashing the 9800 I've only been reading the OP(s) lately.

My girlfrends trackpad went out yesterday and was replying to this tread while standing in line at the AT&T store this morning - was looking to see if this was a wide spread problem...

Boy, you must have a long delay in sending stuff.......you posted at 5:59pm today and if you posted while in line this morning......someone has issues!
    09-04-10 08:43 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD