I know it may make no sense to some, but I do not use BB Messenger and would like to remove.

- I tried to remove it from the device via the "applications menu" and no go.
    - I then tried to remove it via the Desktop Manager 6, but no go.
    - I also tried to add it via App World and then delete with no luck.

The freakin thing is stuck on there! Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
    08-12-10 08:07 PM
    There is too much brain power on this website. I know there is someone on here that knows how to fix this. I always get my problems fixed on Crackberry.com
    08-12-10 11:56 PM
    *I do not have the 9800 myself, and so this may not be applicable to OS6. I have also never uninstalled BBM before, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm only trying to point you in the right direction.*

You could try using BBSAK to remove specific CODs from the device memory. It is a "core application", and so you will not be able to remove it with the normal methods used to delete a standard app.

This sentence has been added to make my actual post look longer than my disclaimer, and thus, can be completely ignored.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 08-13-10 at 12:40 AM.
    08-13-10 12:33 AM
    I know it may make no sense to some, but I do not use BB Messenger and would like to remove.

- I tried to remove it from the device via the "applications menu" and no go.
    - I then tried to remove it via the Desktop Manager 6, but no go.
    - I also tried to add it via App World and then delete with no luck.

The freakin thing is stuck on there! Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
    I really don't think you can uninstall the BBM unless you go to reinstall the OS and delete the cods files before you connect your BB to the DM to update the tweaked OS.
    08-13-10 12:38 AM
    type application go into there scroll down look for bbm hit your berry key and then delete, thats it.
    08-13-10 02:30 AM
    type application go into there scroll down look for bbm hit your berry key and then delete, thats it.

I already tried that and it did not work. Does it work on yours? There is no delete key on the application module listed (like other apps)...
    08-13-10 03:03 AM
    did you try going into app world, download it and then go into My world and delete. I don't know if it will work for the Torch or OS6, but it worked for me.
    08-13-10 03:35 AM
    Why bother deleting it? Isn't there plenty of application memory space on the torch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 03:42 AM
    Why bother deleting it? Isn't there plenty of application memory space on the torch?

Also if I may ask, y did u get the torch if u don't use bbm? Is it a work issue? Or do u like the email capabilities?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 03:44 AM
    I don't use BBM at all. To remove it under OS 5 you need to remove the file net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod. I do not know if this filename has been preserved into OS 6 so please be careful what you remove.

If you use http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/ for the removal, please make sure that you read ALL the instalkation instructioins for Visat and Windows 7 in my first post so that my program will run correctly.
    08-13-10 04:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD