My BIS and internet will only work when on Wi-Fi, when I leave Wi-Fi I get no mobile internet. Is anyone else having this problem?
    08-12-10 07:22 PM
    Do you have your browser set to Hotspot? You need to have it set to Internet browser in order to use the mobile network. Otherwise, you will lose your data connection as soon as you are out of the range of the router.
    08-12-10 08:02 PM
    Do you have your browser set to Hotspot? You need to have it set to Internet browser in order to use the mobile network. Otherwise, you will lose your data connection as soon as you are out of the range of the router.
    Under status I have no mobile internet, no email, no data connection unless I am on wi-fi. where is the browser set to hotspot on the 9800?
    08-12-10 08:12 PM
    Under status I have no mobile internet, no email, no data connection unless I am on wi-fi. where is the browser set to hotspot on the 9800?
    Where are you going to see the status?

If I go to:
    Setup/Service/Options - Service Status - the only not connected I have is for BES and WiFi when turned off....

I am trying to figure out why everything except the browser works....
    08-12-10 11:18 PM
    Bump - I am having the same issue...anyone with a solution yet?
    08-12-10 11:22 PM
    Where are you going to see the status?

If I go to:
    Setup/Service/Options - Service Status - the only not connected I have is for BES and WiFi when turned off....

I am trying to figure out why everything except the browser works....
    yeah but we dont have that menu in os6
    08-12-10 11:34 PM
    yeah but we dont have that menu in os6
    Um... that's where I got that info. I have a Torch as well...
    08-12-10 11:52 PM
    Just spend 2 hours on the phone with AT&T tech support and they could not figure it out. I am going to try to restore my Torch to Factory default and start all over and see if something got screwed up along the way. This is so strange. Thank god I am able to go back to my 9700 if this does not work
    08-12-10 11:58 PM
    Same exact problem - AT&T was such a waste of time. I am factory resetting as we speak. I will let you guys know tomorrow if this fixes it....ARGH
    08-13-10 12:08 AM
    Restored to Factory default and now everything is working again. Now all I have to do is reload all my apps and set up the bb again. I will do this tomorrow. Too much fun for one night. This better not happen again!!
    08-13-10 12:20 AM
    I think I find out what keeps screwing up my DATA on the phone. I restored my device and reloaded everything, all worked great. I then added Wi-Fi Musis Sync and followed the direction like last night and what do you now, I have no DATA on my phone again. There must be a problem with the wi-fi music sync. Now I am restoring again.

IS anyone else having this issue or is it just me. I might be exchanging my device later on today or this weekend
    08-13-10 08:40 AM
    I had this problem too. I went to mt AT&T retailer and it just started to magically work while i was there and i've had no problems since leaving. There was also a guy there picking up his brand new torch. His browser didn't work either.
    08-13-10 09:39 AM
    When I got my 9800 yesterday and left the store and was out in the parking lot and could not get the browser to work. I called the store and they said to pull the battery and sim card and reboot. They said in the first 72 hours Blackberry does updates that causes the browser to not work. I pulled the battery and it worked. This morning after turning on the phone I had the same problem again and once again I pulled the battery and it has worked fine ever since. So I do not know if this is a 9800 problem or a Blackberry server problem with the new phones
    08-13-10 10:26 AM
    help?, hey would u know what would i have to do to get the internet working on t-mobile?, i bought the 9800 torch, unlocked on EDGE, but i cant get the browser to work. i had a 9700.... when i try going to a internet site, i get a message that pops up:

your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device.

does this mean i have to change my blackberry internet web to a smartphone web through my t-mobile carrier.?
    08-13-10 11:40 AM
    OK, here is the lastest for me. BB was working for a little bit today then decided to die again. I went to an AT&T store and the guy there was great. He changed out my phone and a new sim card. He said that too many things sounded wrong with my torch. He had a torch and had ZERO problems. Now I have the new device and so far so good, loading it up and everything seem to be working fine, even Wi-Fi Music Sync. I will let everyone know more as time goes on.

Looks like I got a bad one, it happenes!!
    08-13-10 01:01 PM
    Genaro201-you have asked 3 times in different locations..since you have an unlocked phone on TMobile as do I you will have to wait for TMobile to get those service books as of right now your browser WILL NOT work..only will work on wifi. We will probably have to wait until TMobile releases the OS6 to get the service books or at least thats what Im being told...
    08-13-10 01:07 PM
    FYI - I had the same issue - BIS (att.blackberry.net mail) wouldn't work. I ran mobile network diagnostics and low and behold, everything started to work.
    08-13-10 02:06 PM
    Restored to Factory default and now everything is working again. Now all I have to do is reload all my apps and set up the bb again. I will do this tomorrow. Too much fun for one night. This better not happen again!!
    The same problem. How did you restored to factory settings?
    08-21-10 10:34 PM
    The same problem. How did you restored to factory settings?

Use DM6 to wipe data. If still no improvement exchange for another unit. It's auto programmed with proper APN settings for AT&T so it should've been easy plug n play.
    08-21-10 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD