Is there anyway to turn off touch screen while you are on a call
    08-12-10 05:32 PM
    Is there anyway to turn off touch screen while you are on a call
    That's almost impossible?????

There is proximity sensor in the Torch..

Are you a troll...? Just wondering.
    08-12-10 05:33 PM
    Not at all, my wife's palm pre allows you to turn off touch screen while on call. I cant be the only that has had this problem today. I absolutely love the phone, think it is the best thing since sliced bread.
    08-12-10 05:36 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing. I know there is a sensor so I am trying to figure out what I am doing to make that happen. If I figure it out I will post it. iPhone headsets won't work with my Torch....
    08-12-10 05:40 PM
    Not at all, my wife's palm pre allows you to turn off touch screen while on call. I cant be the only that has had this problem today. I absolutely love the phone, think it is the best thing since sliced bread.
    Mine is doing the same thing. I know there is a sensor so I am trying to figure out what I am doing to make that happen. If I figure it out I will post it. iPhone headsets won't work with my Torch....
    That's so weird!

You have to turn the proximity sensor on somehow I guess.

Because yesterday I tried in store and it worked.

Every time I put it against my face during a test call the touchscreen would go dark and turn off (I moved it immediately in front of my eyes and touched it so I could tell).

Hmmmm...
    08-12-10 06:14 PM
    You probably have a screen protector or privacy screen on your Torch. Its interferring with the proximity sensor. Take it off. You'll find it'll work just fine. Mine did.
    08-19-10 11:24 AM
    +1 it is the privacy screen which is too thick.
    i know. i have one and i have the same problem.
    couple of suggestions:

1. take it off. ( i don't want to)
    2. use your left hand and left ear to make calls.
    3. use the corded earphones
    4. blutooth earpiece
    08-19-10 11:27 AM
    If you don't care about privacy, invisibleshield works fine with the proximity sensor. Or you can try an app - one called StormSlider (appworld) or BerrySlider (everywhere else) will activate when you make a call and require you to slide a bar (like on iphone) to use the phone while on a call. The only issue with BerrySlider is that it isn't fully compatible with os6 yet - options screen does not show up so you can't customize text/pics on the lock screen.
    08-19-10 11:37 AM
    +1 it is the privacy screen which is too thick.
    i know. i have one and i have the same problem.
    couple of suggestions:

1. take it off. ( i don't want to)
    2. use your left hand and left ear to make calls.
    3. use the corded earphones
    4. blutooth earpiece
    Or... just punch a small hole or snip part of the protector away from the area that covers the prox sensor. Looking at the phone, it's a small circular area to the right of the LED.
    08-19-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD