When I had my 9000 and first got the cradle for it I wasn't too worried if just the bottom edges of the phone got scuffed to h&%$ and back, but now this phone sits landscape style so it would really look like crap quick if it gets messed up in the cradle.

Seems like you will need to wiggle and push down a lot to get the usb in.

Yeah Yeah, I know in a month I will be tossing it around a lot more and not caring as much.
    08-12-10 03:21 PM
    I can't answer for you. You should ask the Storm users, their charging pod works the same way. If it was an issue I am guessing there would be multiple threads on the 9530/9550 forums
    08-12-10 04:44 PM
    I had a storm and a cradle and didnt notice any scatches from it. I am sure over time though it will from seating it the wrong way and carelessness. Now if you try and dock it from across the room with a hook shot then more than likely it will scuff...
    08-12-10 04:47 PM
    I'm not sure exactly how the dock for 9800 works, but if it works the same as the Storm ones (which it looks like it does). I've been using the dock for my 9550 since last November, and have no scratches or wear on my phone from it. It does use the USB port to charge but it fits much looser than the standard charger you get. It actually slides in and out very easily. It's a great dock too, you can actually connect the phone to the computer while docked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD