Just saw a Tweet from Uber about 5 minutes ago:

We are putting out a release later today, some new features and fixes, should announce in about 2 hours
    Will be interesting. Anyone think they are going to be adding push at this time? Would be awesome but I am not holding my breath.
    Last edited by jlb21; 08-12-10 at 01:19 PM.
    08-12-10 01:12 PM
    Wish they would say what new features

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 02:00 PM
    Agreed. I replied to Uber's Tweet asking but don't expect anything back ahead of time.....
    08-12-10 02:09 PM
    I saw that tweet also. Hoping for "push" feature to be added.
    08-12-10 02:31 PM
    2 hours turned into 4

08-12-10 05:20 PM
    Here it is...

New version of �berTwitter is now available! Download here: http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/download.php Version number is 0.985

Beta-8 release 2 is now available for download! This release includes a completely new user interface, along with substantial new features and capabilities making this the most powerful Twitter client on any mobile platform. Beta-8 can be downloaded here: http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/download.php

Below is a list of the features and capabilities that are new to this release. At the bottom of this page are the fixes and features new to release 2 of Beta-8

* New User Interface - We've taken the BlackBerry platform to another level with our intuitive interface.
    * Themes - You asked and we delivered the capability to choose a color theme to suit your desires. We do plan to expand the built-in themes and allow you to build your own in the future.
    * �berChannels provides real-time �Channels� - live streams of relevant messages from respected sources on a particular topic. These topics include cities and countries, sports, entertainment, health, business and political issues, hobbies, pastimes and passions. �berChannels crawls more than half a million Twitter lists to identify the most respected sources on Twitter. We will be upgrading this in the near future to include filtered channels in order to provide you with the best real-time content.
    * List Search - Twitter lists are great, but how do you find lists about a particular topic? We've solved that problem by providing you the ability to search and find lists that interest you.
    * �ber Bar - No you can't order a drink there, but you can 'dock' your favorite �berTwitter functionality to it! Add your favorite user timelines (and we'll include their picture too!), lists, saved searches, favorites, everyone near you, and more!
    * InstaPaper - Configure you InstaPaper account and use the short-cut key 'I' or the menu to quickly save tweets for reading later.
    * TwitSnap - We now support inline preview and viewing of pictures included in tweets from TwitSnap.
    * tmi.me - Have more to say then can fit in 140 characters? No worries, we are now including tmi.me support. This provides the same functionality as TweetLonger, but it has a really cool URL! You can choose between TweetLonger and tmi.me.
    * Following and Blocking Status - Open a users profile and at the bottom you can see if they are following you and whether you are blocking them.
    * unblocking - You can now unblock users.
    * ReTweets of You - Ever wonder who is retweeting what you say? Well no more, select 'retweets of you' from the menu to see which of your tweets are being retweeted. Highlight one of those tweets and select 'Retweeted By' from the menu to see who retweeted it!
    * Conversations - It was nice to be able to click the 'in reply to' button to see what tweet a person was replying to, but now, click the 'Talk Bubble' icon, select 'view conversation' from the menu, or use the short-cut key 'c' and we'll do the heavy lifting and retrieve the entire converstation for you!
    * Saved Searches - We are fully integrated with Twitter's saved search feature. Save searches on �berTwitter and they will appear on twitter.com and vice versa. Frequent searches can be added to the �ber Bar for quick access!
    * Muted Users - Ever had a person you follow who just was spouting off a ton of tweets and you really didn't want to un-follow them? Well now you can choose to mute them for a day, a week, or forever! They won't get notified of this unless you ask us to!
    * Default Email Recipient - Using the 'email tweet' feature from the menu all the time and find yourself entering the same email address every time? Now you can add a default recipient in your account options and it will automatically be addressed to them.
    * Easily Direct Message - Select 'goto user' from the menu ('g' shortcut), highlight a friend and use the menu to select 'Direct Message' to compose a direct message to them.
    * View Profile - You can view a users profile in many places now, select 'view profile' from the menu to view the users profile who sent the current tweet. Highlight an @user anywhere on your device and select 'View Profile' from the menu and we'll take care of the rest!
    * Send URLs to �ber - From any web page in the browser, select 'Send to �ber' from the menu and we'll automatically shorten the URL and bring up the compose tweet screen!
    * Hashtag Picker - Hate having to type in those trending topic hashtags all the time? No problem, when you press the '#' key when composing a tweet we'll bring up the 'Hashtag Picker', either pick one that is already saved, or keep typing and press 'enter' and we'll save it for the next time.
    * �ber Tweet - Tweet from any application on your device, just open the menu and select �ber Tweet and we'll bring up the compose tweet screen.

Changes and Fixes for release 2

* Fixed issue where timelines would freeze
    * Fixed issue where @replies would show up late
    * Improved memory management
    * More efficient timeline scrolling
    * No longer relies on the device time/timezone being correct
    * Added 'Mentions' button to user profiles, taking you directly to a timeline of tweets that mention that user
    * BlackBerry notifications can now be turned on/off within options for regular tweets, @replies, and DMs individually
    * Added a 'Delete All' to the 'Hashtag Picker' menu
    * Restored the ability to 'load more' tweets on timelines
    * Fixed a bug in our cell tower geolocation capability which was preventing some towers from being recognized
    * Fixed a bug where if you select it, the location field in your profile wasn't getting updated
    * The 'enter' key will now work the same as a trackball click on one of our custom buttons
    * Fixed bug that was causing input exceptions when composing a tweet on Storms
    * Improved the visual quality of the icons
    * Allowed older devices to select the larger icons
    * Fixed the sound alerts so that only one alert is received for 1 or more new tweets/@replies/DMs
    * Fixed the countdown of unread tweets when putting the application in the background
    * Caught a condition where some users were trying to send a tweet and it would send out the text 'null' instead
    * HTML entities are now converted to the correct Unicode character
    * If you have unread marks set to auto-manager, then leaving the @replies screen and DMs screen will mark all of those as read
    * Added back the ability to select SSL connection to Twitter
    * The number of tweets returned in 'Everyone Near You' and searches now respects the setting under 'options'.
    08-12-10 06:42 PM
    Glad the release is finally here. Took forever to finally load the page to download. Now slowly downloading....
    08-12-10 07:03 PM
    DLed this morning. Noticed a new shading style to the DM and @ screens.

I still don't fully understand what happens if I say "cache tweets when not running".

Still looking forward to the update that brings Push.....great work on the update though!

08-13-10 05:03 AM
    I notice a few differences/improvements, shading on @replies/mentions, seems quicker to refresh when sending a new tweet. The "c" shortcut to view which tweet a reply refers to is cool..
    08-13-10 08:38 AM
    'Gray' and 'White' themes are still the same =/
    08-13-10 11:46 AM
    hey i have a question...i purchased the paid version of ubertwitter version 0.98. i just downloaded version 0.985. is this considered a paid version for me too since i already purchased it? thanks in advance
    08-13-10 12:59 PM
    whats the benefits of the paid version???
    08-14-10 01:41 AM
    has anyone else lost the colored icons that would appear next to the ut icons when you had new tweets?
    08-14-10 01:42 AM
    has anyone else lost the colored icons that would appear next to the ut icons when you had new tweets?
    If you're referring to the red asterisk mark for unread tweets, mine are still there.
    08-14-10 06:44 AM
    hey i have a question...i purchased the paid version of ubertwitter version 0.98. i just downloaded version 0.985. is this considered a paid version for me too since i already purchased it? thanks in advance
    Paid version status carried over for me.
    08-14-10 07:33 AM
    whats the benefits of the paid version???
    Gets rid of the ads in your timeline, and more importantly (to me) supports a developer who's doing a fine job!
    08-14-10 07:35 AM
    just Upgrade Today, I like new Color and Combining color on Buble Tweet.."
    but,
    more easy to read new Mention
    08-14-10 09:00 AM
    Credit where credit's due, I wasn't a fan of the old UI (haven't tried UT in a long while) but this version is really nice!
    08-14-10 02:53 PM
    on the main icon, i would get a blue asterisk when i had new tweets and a yellow asteriskt for @mentions, and a green one for new dm's, and now i get neither wtf! i suppose i can live without them but after having them for so long ive grown accustom to them
    08-14-10 04:58 PM
    I've also been having issues with the geolocation. It may map to the correct place but the text is way off. Now it's not correct on anything.
    08-14-10 06:54 PM
    DLed this morning. Noticed a new shading style to the DM and @ screens.

I still don't fully understand what happens if I say "cache tweets when not running".

Still looking forward to the update that brings Push.....great work on the update though!

I think this option lets you go back to the way Beta 7 worked...if you put it at "No" then each time you open the app it loads tweets, instead of displaying the previously loaded tweets that the first beta 8 was doing. I haven't downloaded this myself so I'm not sure. I'm still sticking with .971.
    08-15-10 05:45 PM
    I think this option lets you go back to the way Beta 7 worked...if you put it at "No" then each time you open the app it loads tweets, instead of displaying the previously loaded tweets that the first beta 8 was doing. I haven't downloaded this myself so I'm not sure. I'm still sticking with .971.
    This is correct. That was my biggest issue with .98, so I'm glad they added that option in .985. I wouldn't want to ever go back to .971 now.

08-16-10 12:44 AM
    This is correct. That was my biggest issue with .98, so I'm glad they added that option in .985. I wouldn't want to ever go back to .971 now.

You guys are right. I also got a response to this from the developer who confirmed it for me. So let's say you have your max tweets in TL set to 200. It will "remember" those 200 when you close out. Then, when you reopen it loads new tweets (up to the 200), but then lops off the bottom of the cached tweets as necessary.
    08-16-10 08:05 AM
    FYI, I was also asking the developer about Push. He responded to me that it is "primary focus at this point". He also noted that it will not only push tweets/replies/DMs, but alsoi when someone follows you, unfollows you, etc.

I just cannot wait for this version/update!!!
    08-16-10 08:07 AM
    Having a problem with UberTwitter since 0.985 and 0.988. Basically if I open the app and have new tweets/mentions/DM's then it will show that they are new (correctly) then I will read through them all so I have nothing new in the app, I close the app and it still will say 1 mention for example, re-open the app and everything I have previously read is now un-read. So I am stuck with a notification on the icon now and I can't tell which tweets are new when I open the app. Any ideas?
    08-18-10 06:13 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD