Just updated to 6.0 on my desktop manager. STAY AWAY from it. Doesn't work, won't snyc. Buggy as a crackhouse.
    08-12-10 07:53 AM
    Been using it for a couple days now and have had no problems at all. It's working better for me then the old 5.1 version ever did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 08:03 AM
    Been using it since the day it leaked. Syncs just fine via USB and Bluetooth. Assuming you're not one of those that has to be the only one on the block to needlessly use 64-bit Office 2010
    08-12-10 08:09 AM
    4.7 all the way, lol.
    08-12-10 08:57 AM
    Its slow as a snail on my Vista computer.
    08-12-10 09:34 AM
    Been using it since the day it leaked. Syncs just fine via USB and Bluetooth. Assuming you're not one of those that has to be the only one on the block to needlessly use 64-bit Office 2010
    nope.. getting office 2010 32 bit.. but mine wn't even sync
    08-12-10 11:17 AM
    Its slow as a snail on my Vista computer.
    Vista?? OMG! Dump that turd and get 7. I installed 7 on my XP and Vista machines (even a desktop that's more than 6 years old) and 7 is SO much better than Vista it's hard to believe it came from the same company.
    08-12-10 11:20 AM
    Works as expected for me just nicer interface.
    08-12-10 11:40 AM
    I can get it to sync. But it will NOT sync my contacts or calander. Do I HAVE to upgrade to outlook 2010 before it will work?
    08-12-10 12:43 PM
    I can get it to sync. But it will NOT sync my contacts or calander. Do I HAVE to upgrade to outlook 2010 before it will work?
    Using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 64 bit and works great. Try and 'Run as Administrator.'
    08-12-10 12:47 PM
    Device Specific?
    08-12-10 01:19 PM
    I downloaded DM 6 just yesterday. My contacts and calendar sync up fine too. Running older 32 bit outlook 2007 on XP 64 bit.

Using a Pearl 8100. Very old.

However, some things I don't care for...

Still uses the old Intellisync interface for organizer syncing with no expansion of more of outlook fields such as categories for calendar appointments.

No more option to hide when minimized.

No option to set what gets synchronized when you hit the "sync" button in the lower right corner - it automatically syncs both organizer and media even you have it set to just the organizer in the setting for device connection. You have to go through the drop down menu to pick one if you want to re-sync again after the initial connection through the USB.

08-12-10 02:04 PM
    BB Desktop won't back up music on my Vista laptop. Version 6.0 just dl'd today. Ok with pix and videos. "Music Services Failed To Load" An unexpected error ocurred.
    08-12-10 02:13 PM
    It bricked my phone
    08-12-10 02:50 PM
    i downloaded this 2 days ago but it would not sync and when i tried to restore with a backup it didnot restore eveything.i tried to go back to desktop manager 5 which i had been using but i kept getting error and the 5 would not sync.it used to .so i ended up trying the dm 6 again.this time it does seem to be syncing ok .but the 6 still doesn't restore all either from a backup i have on my vista pc.also dm 6 loads slowly.
    08-12-10 05:15 PM
    Well 2 bolds later I am now using my old tour.

Got a 2nd bold from VZW and downgraded my software back to 5 on the BDM and it crashed it. all I could get either phone to do is the led wouldblink red twice and pause, blick red tiwce and pause.

Even tried to recover using the "unbricking" info on this site. Goes about 1/2 way and craps out. well now I'm using my old tour, and the new desktop manager and it's working fine.

Almost afraid to hook the bold back up to it, but I need my stuff on the phone correctly so I will give it a go when my 3rd bold comes in.
    08-12-10 07:49 PM
    There's a forum for this lol

My DM 6 is fine, not even buggy.

08-13-10 01:53 AM
    Easy upgrade and syncing fine for me. Vista. When I connected my BB, the notice of the upgrade popped up. I let it go ahead. Wish though I had known that it would require setting up a new partnership with the BB. Went smoothly and was reasonably intuitive for someone familiar with PDAs and the BB sync process in particular, but I had not expected I would need to work to step through it. Thought it would be even more automatic. Only took 15 minutes from start of download to all done.
    08-13-10 11:21 AM
    Well to update my info, the first bold just decided to take a dump, I don't know why.

The second one actually was a mistake on my part, I told it to restore from an apparently bad backup.

I was able to restore my Tour from an earlier backup for my Bold.

I will be extremely glad to get my Bold back. This Tour is slower than a turtle compared to the Bold.
    08-13-10 12:37 PM
    It worked fine for me running Win 7 64-bit. I had no issues doing a backup and syncing my calendar and contacts with Outlook.

DM 6 is much faster doing backups. It still lags a bit when it gets to "groups", but the lag when backing up groups is much less noticeable than on DM 5.
    08-13-10 12:49 PM
    I can get it to sync. But it will NOT sync my contacts or calender. Do I HAVE to upgrade to outlook 2010 before it will work?
    I downloaded the upgrade at work after it popped up. I work for GE Aviation and we use outlook 2003. The update was fine but it totally messed up my Calendar after I synced. I have three Calendars...
    08-13-10 12:56 PM
    Same issue as others not being able to sync. It would not let me set up the outlook sync as it said that the enterprise has not been activated. I'm not on any enterprise servers. Will stay with the old version till by Blackberry is replaced.
    08-13-10 06:35 PM
    I downloaded the upgrade at work after it popped up. I work for GE Aviation and we use outlook 2003. The update was fine but it totally messed up my Calendar after I synced. I have three Calendars...

Is that to mean you NOW have 3 calenders? Or you are using 3 and it didn't sync correctly?
    08-14-10 06:32 AM
    [/B]

Is that to mean you NOW have 3 calenders? Or you are using 3 and it didn't sync correctly?
    I only use my work outlook one. However the DTM synced my other two email accounts giving me triple entries for the same days....I deleted the two emails from the CCals and this deleted the AOL icon from my home screen although I still get the emails on my personal account. The calendar entry now show device now shows device default, and no aol icon at all. The other addy was a yahoo account which I never use.
    Last edited by Captain Scarlet; 08-14-10 at 07:28 AM.
    08-14-10 07:24 AM
    I downloaded it a couple of days ago. I like the new interface. It does seem to lag a bit on start up.
    08-14-10 07:25 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD