BBM the newest version in the app store is 5mb. On ota from RIM's website it is only 2.7 mb. WTH is that about. App store is such a bloated piece of crapware it isn't even funny. I remove it and look for ota's whenever possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 03:10 PM
    5.0.1 Loaded is 2979708 bytes (2.84 mb). My app world is still showing 5.0.0.57, so I don't have a comparison there - but it is showing at 3mb which is fairly accurate.

As a side note, you can download BlackBerry App World from BlackBerry App World - that just strikes me as funny.
    08-11-10 03:55 PM
    As a side note, you can download BlackBerry App World from BlackBerry App World - that just strikes me as funny.
    I noticed that as well yesterday when updating BBM. rofl.

I'd say the OTA link takes you to a English only version (or at least, only the language you need) of BBM and app world gives you the whole load of language cods.
    08-11-10 04:54 PM
    BBM the newest version in the app store is 5mb. On ota from RIM's website it is only 2.7 mb. WTH is that about. App store is such a bloated piece of crapware it isn't even funny. I remove it and look for ota's whenever possible.

Another option if you want an app that is not available elsewhere is to download and install App World, download and install your app, and then delete App World. You can always reinstall App World at a later point if you need it.
    08-11-10 07:52 PM
    Yes that is pretty much what I do but I try to keep that to a bare minimum because the OS never seems to give back some of the memory utilized by the app. After awhile if I load and unload a bunch I go from 110 to like 98 mb. The only thing that seems to bring back the lost memory is an OS reinstall or upgrade.

08-11-10 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD