1. I already have a Bold 9000 on AT&T that I unlocked so that I can boost it's resell value. So I'm familiar with unlocking my own phone. But now I want to buy a used AT&T Bold 9000 off of eBay, get it unlocked, then sell it. The question is, how do I unlock the phone that I bought off of eBay, being that it's not on my AT&T account? Do I just pop my old sim card in and unlock it, or do I have to add the phone to my AT&T account first before I can unlock it?

2. Is it possible to unlock a Verizon Storm 2 9550 and put in a AT&T sim card? Doesn't the Storm 2 have some kind of dual GSM/CDMA thing where it take a GSM sim card?
    08-11-10 10:54 AM
    1: it is unlikely that AT&T will give you an unlock code for a phone that's not on your account. The code is based on specific hardware numbers. It's certainly worth a shot though.
    1 1/2: There are several companies that you can purchase unlock codes from. There is a whole section here devoted to which companies are worthwhile and which are not.

2: Yes, you can use the storm 2 on any GSM carrier, You may need to have Verizon unlock it, or purchase an unlock code.
    08-11-10 11:14 AM
    1: it is unlikely that AT&T will give you an unlock code for a phone that's not on your account. The code is based on specific hardware numbers. It's certainly worth a shot though.
    1 1/2: There are several companies that you can purchase unlock codes from. There is a whole section here devoted to which companies are worthwhile and which are not.

2: Yes, you can use the storm 2 on any GSM carrier, You may need to have Verizon unlock it, or purchase an unlock code.
    1. Thanks for the reply, but I didn't expect to get the unlock code from AT&T, I'm willing to purchase the code. I was just wondering how to do it with a phone that's not on a account, if it's possible.

2. R u freakin' serious, U mean to tell me that all of this time that i've been on AT&T, I could've been using a unlocked Storm 2? Are u sure? If it's true, does everything work, like BIS, BBM, 3G, etc.
    08-11-10 12:11 PM
    Everything other than the 3G will work on the unlocked Storm 2.
    08-11-10 12:13 PM
    1. I already have a Bold 9000 on AT&T that I unlocked so that I can boost it's resell value. So I'm familiar with unlocking my own phone. But now I want to buy a used AT&T Bold 9000 off of eBay, get it unlocked, then sell it. The question is, how do I unlock the phone that I bought off of eBay, being that it's not on my AT&T account? Do I just pop my old sim card in and unlock it, or do I have to add the phone to my AT&T account first before I can unlock it?

2. Is it possible to unlock a Verizon Storm 2 9550 and put in a AT&T sim card? Doesn't the Storm 2 have some kind of dual GSM/CDMA thing where it take a GSM sim card?
    1. You unlock it the same way you did your first one. If you want a free code from AT&T you will have to try with them, but I doubt they will since you didn't get it from them.

2. Yes a 9550 will work on AT&T
    08-11-10 01:05 PM

1. You can try calling ATT or use any of us reliable unlockers here.

2.Yes you can use the 9550 on ATT and you will have to put the phone on GSM/UMTS in Options/Mobile Network and you will only be able to run it on 2G..no 3G
    08-11-10 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD