Both my girlfriend and I have the Bold 9000 and we have been experiencing slow responses and a constant hour glass. This has been a problem when were in a hurry and can�t make a phone call causing us to reset our phones. With the same problem we receive a call the hour glass comes on, a short ringtone, and no matter how many time we hit answer nothing happens but the hour glass.

I have taken our memory cards out and removed everything form them to reformat them and put everything back on thinking there must be a corrupt file somewhere. I even did a check disk on the memory cards. I have been hit Alt L G L G and clearing the contents with no results to the problem.

I have just updated my phone to the 5.0.0.822 version and I am still having problems. My GF is still at 5.0.0.509. We have cut out everything that we don't need and my GF phone is at 851.2 MB of free space. Mine is at 840.1 MB.

I'm pretty well stuck and have searched the Forums for help with no luck. Any help will be a big HELP!
    08-10-10 10:55 PM
    i have been having the same problem. i was on a hybrid OS though. i just went to 5.0.0.822. the memory you have to check is the application free memory as this tends to go up and down. when my Bold gives me the hour glass i check it and its usually low. i have seen it at 0.0kb. not good. i thought the OS change would do me good. so far no problems though. i have the recent one thats on here from Hutchinson. maybe you need to get rid of some apps. try that.
    08-11-10 12:03 AM
    Well I deleted some more apps on mine and going to see how that works for today.
    08-11-10 08:21 AM
    How much app memory do you have left (if you go into information\status, it will be the memory free)
    08-11-10 11:27 AM
    How much app memory do you have left (if you go into information\status, it will be the memory free)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-11-10 01:19 PM
    I have 3.8 right now free.

08-11-10 01:20 PM
    I have 3.8 right now free.

You need to delete some apps.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-11-10 01:34 PM
    So how much do application memory do you have after a battery pull?

3.8 is not alot and I would say is the cause of the hour glass waits....
    08-11-10 01:35 PM
    I just did a battery pull and I have 15.9 MB after wards. I just deleted some apps this morning. Here's what I have left:

Ascendo Money
    BB Maps
    CB Launcher
    Droid Theme
    Dictionary.com
    google maps
    honey Dew
    Media Mall 2.0
    myWireless
    RoadRunnerGPS
    Slacker Radio
    Tether
    USSAmobile App
    WeatherBud Direct
    You Tube Icon
    08-11-10 02:06 PM
    15.9 should be enough to prevent the dreaded spinning clock. If you monitor the memory and it is going down (and never going back up), then you have a memory leak. The only way to recover the memory is a battery pull (or use QuickPull).

Some 3rd party themes and applications do not recover memory properly leading to the leak.
    08-12-10 11:17 AM
    Well I have noticed my Bold has been smoother. Only seen the clock spin twice today. DrLouie it was some of the theme I deleted so it makes since about the memory leaks. I did notice my visual voice mail slowing the phone down today and I had to hit alt+shift+del to reset my phone and it came back up with an error.
    08-12-10 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD