Today I updated my OS to .810. I backed up all my apps using BBSAK. Now I tried to restore all of those apps and I get a compatibility error using when BBSAK and desktop manager trying to restore them. WTF???????????
    08-10-10 03:19 PM
    Use BBSAK to restore your apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 03:21 PM
    I had to manually add the cod files as opposed to installing the backup .alx.
    08-10-10 04:55 PM
    I had to manually add the cod files as opposed to installing the backup .alx.
    This is what I had to do as well. I was just happy BBSAK created the .cod files without issue.
    08-10-10 05:02 PM
    I'm in the same boat. It's getting annoying and hopefully there will be an update soon. I lose several themes and apps every time I wipe my phone. Pains taking to reload everything one at a time. Wasn't so bad with my old Storm 1 because I could only have a couple apps loaded at a time anyway.
    08-10-10 05:35 PM
    What I did notice is that after you reload all the apps, anyone of those apps that were downloaded through app world, doesn't show up after you log in. I also noticed that none of the apps on the v+rizon application center update screen show that they are also not installed.
    Last edited by DRIPSTER; 08-10-10 at 06:35 PM.
    08-10-10 06:33 PM
    This is what I had to do as well. I was just happy BBSAK created the .cod files without issue.
    Stuff like my windows live and yahoo messenger had to be downloaded again. The icons were there after my backup was reinstalled but I had to download them again through the browser. There has to be an easier way.
    08-10-10 06:37 PM
    Windows Live and Y! Aren't considered 3rd party, actually. They are RIM/native apps so far as bbsak is concerned.

08-10-10 06:56 PM
    Ok here's one. I downloaded memory up pro from appworld. After I restored my apps from BBSAK, the program wasn't installed. I had to log into appworld and download it again
    08-10-10 07:06 PM
    Here's a workaround when it comes to the screen when you are selecting what you want go to the bottom there's a button that says add or browse navigate to your backup folder in bbsak and select the apps you want back.

08-11-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD