My dad has been using his BB Storm 2 at work for tethering and has been experiencing frequent disconnects at different intervals. He says that he could go 30 seconds before it disconnects or hours before it disconnects. He is using the tether plan through Verizon not the one time fee app. I could find absolutely nothing about this on the internet or these forums so I'm hoping someone out there can help me, Verizon reps has not been a help at all. He is using Windows 7 and using Verizons software to access the internet.
    08-10-10 12:40 PM
    Its a 3G wireless connection, it is bound to drop off here and there.
    08-10-10 12:44 PM
    This common though? Its happening 5-6 times a night, and he didn't have this problem on his previous 3G blackberry.
    08-10-10 12:47 PM
    I use the Tether program (one time fee) and have been experiencing the same thing. I will be connected but if I receive a text message or phone call the program stops sending and receiving information. This will also just happen randomly even if I'm not receiving texts/calls.

This hasnt always been a problem though. It has only been happening for the past couple months. I am also experiencing a problem where I will have full signal but won't be receiving any messages (no texts, IM's, emails.. nothing) but then I will receive a bunch of messages all at once.

My only explanation is that VZW isnt keeping up with the demand of the network. Theres so many smarthpones and media phones out there that the airways are beginning to get clogged... What do you think?
    08-10-10 12:56 PM
    I use the Tether program (one time fee) and have been experiencing the same thing. I will be connected but if I receive a text message or phone call the program stops sending and receiving information. This will also just happen randomly even if I'm not receiving texts/calls.

This hasnt always been a problem though. It has only been happening for the past couple months. I am also experiencing a problem where I will have full signal but won't be receiving any messages (no texts, IM's, emails.. nothing) but then I will receive a bunch of messages all at once.

My only explanation is that VZW isnt keeping up with the demand of the network. Theres so many smarthpones and media phones out there that the airways are beginning to get clogged... What do you think?
    That might be it, me and my 2 friends just got the Droid and we are all in a 3g area, and its about 60/40. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Same for my dads bb. So thats 4 people that I know all in the same area, and all had smartphones before and the internet always worked. Coincidence? I think not!
    08-10-10 01:06 PM
    I use tether on my 9550 and my wife's 8330 (until my 6 month old destroyed it last night). I can say that both fones would go out occasionally. When I used VZW's tethering, I didn't get any BBMs, SMS,calls, etc. With the new tether, I get all my messages but that's not what causes it to stop. I can tether and use BBM no problem, but for some reason, it occasionally stops working with no consistency or pattern at all.
    08-10-10 03:15 PM
    The S2 is cool... the customer service is cool... but I pay a relatively large monthly bill. Why? Because VZW was the only service that was reliable. If they keep this up, they are probably going to lose a few customers once we realize we can go to T-Mo and get the same signal strength/consistency and pay half the price... I dunno, now i'm just ranting
    08-10-10 04:45 PM
    CDMA.... You cannot receive SMS/MMS/Phone frames at the same time as data frames on CDMA.

Which means that if you are on a call, the data drops. If you receive an SMS, the data drops, etc...
    08-10-10 04:48 PM
    CDMA.... You cannot receive SMS/MMS/Phone frames at the same time as data frames on CDMA.

Which means that if you are on a call, the data drops. If you receive an SMS, the data drops, etc...
    That's what i thought at first but these drops im talking about do not happening because of txt, calls, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 05:47 PM
    Calls are the only thing that make mine go out (meaning BBM's, emails, and SMS's don't cause it to stop). It just stops working occasionally on its own though. Although I must say, for some reason it has been less frequent recently.
    08-11-10 04:53 PM
    This used to happen to me a lot, but I recently downloaded the latest VZAccess and it hasn't disconnected on it's own since. Even when I get a call while tethered, it just says "dormant" until I hang up and continue. I get text messages while tethered, but no emails or BBMs.

08-11-10 10:20 PM
    Try updating VZaccess like Dave said. I know this usually is the problem. You also may want to make sure your dad is using the version of VZAccess manager compatible with windows 7.
    08-11-10 10:30 PM
    The version of VZAccess Manager I have is 7.2.9.1 and works perfectly with both Vista and 7.
    08-12-10 09:41 AM
    Usually after I do a battery pull everything seems to settle in. But yes I can see a huge difference with the network. Some days or time of days could give me a 30 mb download speed and lousy connections. Others I'd be 160+ mb/s but that's usually 2 am

08-18-10 07:41 AM
    This common though? Its happening 5-6 times a night, and he didn't have this problem on his previous 3G blackberry.
    I am tethering for the first time (curve 8330, Verizon); the device disconnects *each and every time it is moved* - even as little as a half inch. I kid you not. I am mystified.
    09-07-10 08:36 PM
    I am tethering for the first time (curve 8330, Verizon); the device disconnects *each and every time it is moved* - even as little as a half inch. I kid you not. I am mystified.
    That sounds like a bad connection. Either on the phone end or the computer end, or you've got a bad cable.

09-08-10 08:32 AM
    that sounds like a bad connection. Either on the phone end or the computer end, or you've got a bad cable.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1

------

09-09-10 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD