I just recently bought a storm 2 off ebay for the second time and wanted to ask a few questions since I haven't had one in 6 months. How do I know if I got a updated one?(the one with the different sensors). Also is the storm 2 still getting a webkit browser at some point? If there is anything else updated in the last 6 months please let me know what to look for and what did they did. Thanks.
    08-09-10 10:55 PM
    Search b4 asking...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 11:08 PM
    would be nice to know. sucks that people dont want to answer any questions about blackberries on a forum about blackberries, they want everyone else to spend countless hours reading like they do. too bad not everyone has the time for that. probably one of the reasons so many people are switching to droids. wont have to spend all their time on forums to get a phone to do what it should be doing allready. seems to me if you don't want to answer, you just wouldn't respond because like i said, it would be nice to know.
    08-09-10 11:38 PM
    differences between storm 2 and storm 1 are:

256mb vs 128mb device memory
    wifi (b/g)
    surepress (4 piezoelectric buttons, vs 1 physical)
    phone, berries, back, end buttons are built into screen as opposed to separate physical buttons

that's it.
    08-09-10 11:44 PM
    would be nice to know. sucks that people dont want to answer any questions about blackberries on a forum about blackberries, they want everyone else to spend countless hours reading like they do. too bad not everyone has the time for that. probably one of the reasons so many people are switching to droids. wont have to spend all their time on forums to get a phone to do what it should be doing allready. seems to me if you don't want to answer, you just wouldn't respond because like i said, it would be nice to know.
    You know, as ironic as your post is, since you technically didn't answer OP's question either, I wholeheartedly agree with what you're insinuating.

Anyway, regarding the Storm 2: There have been a few occasional updates regarding OS to the 9550. The latest OS, which is actually an official one, is .713. If you don't know how to check, go to options and at the top is About. Click on that and you're going to look at the 3rd line. It should say something like v5.0.0.xxx and whatever the xxx is, is your OS version. So, Idk who your carrier is, but you should be able to do an OTA update to .713.

Nothing much else is new. Yours might have the updated screen, the only way I know of to check it is by removing the battery and seeing if there's a green dot, or something like that, however there are also numbers to look for under the battery as well, but I'm not aware of where or what they are. There's another thread on here about that.

Also, there's a rumored "Odin Refresh" (the Storm 2's codename was 'Odin') where it's the Storm 2, but with a 5MP camera and 512mb RAM, and a few other little additions. No release date yet, but supposedly that's being built to handle OS6, as the 9550 cannot. At least, as far as we know.

Peace, wall o text for ya.
    08-10-10 12:08 AM
    The OP os referring to the S2 with the new silicone actuators under the screen. To answer his question:

OP you have to look at the date code under the battery. Now as far as what date or date code you're looking for, I don't remember. This is where I say you'll have to search the threads. I got you half way there to the answer, you can find the rest I'm sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 12:16 AM
    RIM should also acknowledge the fact and realise why they wanted to kill storm2 9550/9520 which is not even one year old. Why storm2 is being excluded from list of OS6 supported devices? Is it becasue touch type is different in OS 6 (9800) than OS 5 (storm2)?
    08-10-10 01:23 AM
    Okay thank you for all of the information. I am waiting for my storm 2 to come in the mail so I can't check yet when it was built. If it has the older screen will verizon change it out for free? Also any word on the webkit browser? I know os6 will have it but wasn't sure if we could get that also.
    08-10-10 02:00 AM
    Hard to say if Verizon will replace it because for one, phone's purchased off eBay don't always have warranties, and two, they won't replace it if it isn't working properly. It would have to not be functioning correctly to be repaired/replaced.

As to webkit, don't count on it. I won't say it's not coming (in part because I'm still hopeful), but things do not look good. We are highly unlikely to see BB 6 for the Storm2.
    08-10-10 02:10 AM
    You know, as ironic as your post is, since you technically didn't answer OP's question either, I wholeheartedly agree with what you're insinuating.

Anyway, regarding the Storm 2: There have been a few occasional updates regarding OS to the 9550. The latest OS, which is actually an official one, is .713. If you don't know how to check, go to options and at the top is About. Click on that and you're going to look at the 3rd line. It should say something like v5.0.0.xxx and whatever the xxx is, is your OS version. So, Idk who your carrier is, but you should be able to do an OTA update to .713.

Nothing much else is new. Yours might have the updated screen, the only way I know of to check it is by removing the battery and seeing if there's a green dot, or something like that, however there are also numbers to look for under the battery as well, but I'm not aware of where or what they are. There's another thread on here about that.

Also, there's a rumored "Odin Refresh" (the Storm 2's codename was 'Odin') where it's the Storm 2, but with a 5MP camera and 512mb RAM, and a few other little additions. No release date yet, but supposedly that's being built to handle OS6, as the 9550 cannot. At least, as far as we know.

Peace, wall o text for ya.
    youre right. i didn't answer anything. but it's because i'm in the same boat as the op was. it's just frustrating to have to read useless posts from people that could probably answer a question or two but insteand they choose to be a **** about it. thanks for the answers you and everyone else gave and maybe, just maybe, others could take notice and do the same.
    08-10-10 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD