experienced flaky radio/signal on latest official OS .862 ...who's downgrading & to what build?
    Thinkin of downgrading to .656.

ALSO do u WIPE device down to '507 error' before downgrading?
    Thnk u

PS...excellent battery life on .862 (best I've seen) but seems its at the cost of signal strength...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 04:15 PM
    I have noticed no signal loss at all on .862. In fact, my wifi registration seems to be faster and more reliable than before. I only have 2 days to go on, so I'll keep checking, but so far, I'm happy with it.
    08-09-10 04:20 PM
    Well besides Nuking my BB when I tried to Upgrade, luckily CB was there to bring my bold back to life. But, I haven't seen anyother issues with the signal strength at all. then again Milwaukee's AT&T is pretty decent for coverage.
    08-09-10 04:25 PM
    rrrebo ...thnx. Sorry wasn't talkin about wifi but rather cell signal strength.

I as well as others (see stickied thread on .862) have seen 3G bars drop off (me personally at nite more so) & even seen it dip into EDGE & GPRS ...that NEVER happened with stock os .405 all in the same locations.

I'm on ATT in New Jersey.

08-09-10 04:30 PM
    Downgrade? Never... this is the best 9700 build so far.
    08-09-10 04:30 PM
    everything I've noticed from this build has been superior to every other build I've used, I will not be downgrading
    08-09-10 04:41 PM
    I had issues when I first installed .862, I figured something went wrong during the install. With the help of the wonderful people here I did a full memory wipe then clean install and my battery life was greatly improved, as was signal (I live in the sticks, signal hasn't been an issue since the reinstall) Couldn't be happier with the build!
    08-09-10 05:13 PM
    i haven't seen any signal issues with this build either. i did notice that there was also a jump in available memory, by 10MB =), battery has been great too!!
    08-09-10 05:23 PM
    rrrebo ...thnx. Sorry wasn't talkin about wifi but rather cell signal strength.

I as well as others (see stickied thread on .862) have seen 3G bars drop off (me personally at nite more so) & even seen it dip into EDGE & GPRS ...that NEVER happened with stock os .405 all in the same locations.

I'm on ATT in New Jersey.

I've notice this problem with the .862 Beta that i'm using. Installed maybe a week ago, was going to give it a little longer to see if it works itself out, if not I'm going back to 656
    08-09-10 05:36 PM
    Downgrade? I never upgraded to it. I am perfectly content with my carrier
    release (.602). I stopped chasing every "new and improved" OS long ago.
    08-09-10 05:44 PM
    It may not be the OS. I have the luxury of 4 9700s inmy possession all running 862. :-)

Only one device is doing this with all 4 about a foot apart leading me to think radio in the device vs OS or network. Do the other devices show a drop in signal at certain locations? Yes but only one drops to EDGE and a few minutes later returns to 3G. The others all stay on 3G.

Downgrade, NEVER. Warranty exchange the suspect device - maybe.

I may even do my first hybrid with the 656 or 593 radio load.

08-09-10 06:11 PM
    Downgrade? I never upgraded to it. I am perfectly content with my carrier
    release (.602). I stopped chasing every "new and improved" OS long ago.
    Same here. OS 6 will be the next upgrade for me.

For those wanting to downgrade, I would highly recommend .714. It has been Very stable and the battery life is amazing.
    08-09-10 06:40 PM
    I think mine has been having signal problems as well. Will need to monitor it in the next few days to see if it recurs.
    08-09-10 07:15 PM
    experienced flaky radio/signal on latest official OS .862 ...who's downgrading & to what build?

Thnk u

PS...excellent battery life on .862 (best I've seen) but seems its at the cost of signal strength...

I'm not far from where you are and I'm having same issues with 862 but hey on my wife's 9700 running 656 is a same issues, its started only a week or so, thats why i think its not 862 issue but at&t network, also i noticed on the weekends signal is much purer then on the other days, so i will stick with 862 and advise you to stay also, especially when OS6 is around the corner anyway.
    08-09-10 07:30 PM
    I'm very happy with this build! Can't think of any downsides! I'm not downgrading.
    08-09-10 09:34 PM
    Cincy bell user... this version unlocks UMA just like my previous 8900. Not sure if it is true UMA (9700 is not listed as "fusion wifi" phone on their site) but I'm still investigating. Could be a breakthrough upgrade for Cincy Bell users.
    08-09-10 10:03 PM
    Downloaded .862 about 2 days ago and I'm very pleased with it. Increase in memory is nice but mainly I like how stable it is. I'm on AT&T in Chicago and I've not experienced the issues that many have had to deal with on the East Coast.
    08-09-10 10:10 PM
    I have been running 5.0.0.862 for a few days now and I must say that I am quite happy with it! Radio is great, its very snappy, battery life is great.

Using Telus.

08-09-10 10:16 PM

Thnk u

Did you pull the battery couple of times? I am with Tmobile and I had couple of issues today like slow ( but was sending/ Transmitting messages par of the registration I guess) but just leave your bb for a couple minutes and later you will be OK.

I had the signal lost after the upgrading but, I have been playing with it and now is very stable.

I hope your issue goes away.

Regards to all from San Diego!
    08-09-10 10:23 PM
    i think those signal issue was for at&t only on 862 in NY Metro area, I'm running this OS since leak version was out like a week or so ago and signal issue i have only on weekends, that makes me think at&t is working somewhere, today my signal stayed strong on 5 bars and never moved from there even in my basement office, I'm happy.
    08-09-10 10:45 PM
    I always use the same radio file that gives me the best signal but use all the other files from the latest releases for bug fixes. Best combo imo
    08-09-10 11:24 PM
    I like the build so far, Is any body missing the manage internet email icon? I probably need to relaod the software again with a clean install because I was lazy the first time and just upgraded to it.

I like it other than that.
    08-09-10 11:55 PM
    everything is working perfect on mine. no problems for now on. i will love to see 6 on my 9700. =)
    08-10-10 01:07 AM
    What a coincidence that I found this thread. I've been running 862 since the day it leaked with no issues. However, about an hour ago I had a hiccup in signal. Dropped to edge, then GSM! My wife's 9000 dropped to edge. Both of us were in my living room. Both on at&t. After about ten minutes of me muttering WTF, signal bounced right back to strong 3G on both phones. Go figure.

Now one other thing is that my volume controls for music/video hesitates. Any ideas on that?

08-10-10 01:27 AM
    Downgrade? Never... this is the best 9700 build so far.
    Ditto! no signal issues whatsoever! best build I've used so far and the fastest
    08-10-10 01:30 AM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD