So for my lunch break, I went to my local at&t store to check out the 9800. Surprisingly they had 2 for display.

1. Form factor
    When I fist saw the device, I thought it was beautiful. Asthetically speaking its the best looking and feeling phone out there. Form factor and weight is perfect. Not too big or too small. I thought it was going to be to thick but its about as thick as my Tour.

2. Os6
    I actually like it a lot and a HUGE improvement over 5.0. The browser is great though its not as smooth as the iP4 or EVO. I don't mind since communication comes first for me. Boy, I'm glad they put in the trackpad! Cut and paste is still as easy as ever. Also how the heck can an iP4 or android user are able to click onto the next page in a forum page without a trackpad? They have to zoom in all the time? Lame.

3. Screen
    I have a very high standard for screen resolution coming from the sharp and crisp Tour screen but the 9800 screen looks inferior and a pixelated mess. What were they thinking when you have older BB that looks sharper? This would be a deal breaker for me.

All in all, I don't think its a worthy enough upgrade from my Tour had it came to Sprint. Get a better screen, and at least an 800GHz processor and I will leave sprint for crappy at&t and buy one full price. Also why did they take out the convenient key on the right side? I hope they add all of the above for the next interation of the Torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 03:44 PM
    Your comments on the screen are a bit confusing.

TOUR Specs:
    Clear, high-resolution display
    Half VGA+
    480x360 pixel screen
    Displays over 65,000 colors

TORCH Specs:
    3.2” HVGA+ touch screen (480x360)
    Font size (user selectable)
    Light-sensing and proximity
    detecting screen
    08-09-10 03:52 PM
    I just played with it for about 30 min. Was not impressed. Not very polished at all. Keyboard felt cramped, onscreen keyboard was decent. Browser was still pretty slow compared to the other phones on display. This is more of a storm upgrade then anything
    08-09-10 03:53 PM
    ...at least an 800GHz processor..

Wow, 800GHz processor? That would be pretty amazing and definitely beat Motorola's 2GHz Android phone coming out early next year. And maybe BlackBerry will hand out power generators with this 800GHz processor phone, just in case you need re-charge your 120,000,000mAh battery on-the-go.
    08-09-10 04:03 PM

TOUR Specs:
    Half VGA+
    480x360 pixel screen

TORCH Specs:
    3.2� HVGA+ touch screen (480x360)
    detecting screen
    Makes sense to me - the torch screen is bigger therefore should have a higher resolution
    08-09-10 04:06 PM
    The tour has a 2.6 inch screen and the torch a 3.2 both are 480x360. So the bigger screen size with same resolution probably does make for not as crisp of a screen.
    08-09-10 04:07 PM
    I'm talking about the pixel density. To cram in 480x360 pixels in a Tour screen half the size of the 9800 screen is a huge feat and is the reason technically speaking looks sharper on the Tour.

TOUR Specs:
    Half VGA+
    480x360 pixel screen

TORCH Specs:
    3.2� HVGA+ touch screen (480x360)
    detecting screen
    08-09-10 04:09 PM