Have I missed anything, but has it been announced whether Verizon will offer a Torch 9800?
    08-09-10 10:14 AM
    If and when they release a CDMA version, it'll be 9830 or 50. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of buzz for one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 10:49 AM
    Have I missed anything, but has it been announced whether Verizon will offer a Torch 9800?
    You didn't miss anything. For the immediate future, Torch is only AT&T. It would be nice but no Torch for Verizon. Think RIM wants to try to compete head on with Apple in there own market.

08-09-10 10:50 AM
    Think RIM wants to try to compete head on with Apple in there own market.

?????What?????
    09-14-10 06:39 AM
    ^^^^ You brought back a dead thread!
    09-14-10 06:47 AM
    I wouldn't hold your breath for the Torch on VZW.

AT&T spent 18 months building this device with RIM, can't imagine the exclusivity would run out any time soon.
    09-14-10 09:19 AM
    09-14-10 09:24 AM
    This phone needs to come out on verizon i cant believe it went to ATT when they already have the iphone 4 and blackberry bold etc its BS... Verizon have NO good blackberries I cant wait to get off this network and get rid of my blackberry...A torch would be the only thing keeping me with a blackberry and verizon...or if the iphone 4 came out on verizon. Ideally i wanna have my tour for a data only device for bbm and get an iphone 4 for everything else :P
    09-14-10 01:58 PM
    Not to mention it shows you threads with the same topic when you start one. Maybe they should tighten up the system and not allow threads with the same subject to be posted at all?
    09-14-10 02:03 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath for the Torch on VZW.

AT&T spent 18 months building this device with RIM, can't imagine the exclusivity would run out any time soon.
    According to BBLeaks:
    Just talked to my verizon source...apparently vzw denied RIM from putting the Torch on their network and that's why they went to AT&T!
    09-14-10 02:11 PM
    Not to mention it shows you threads with the same topic when you start one. Maybe they should tighten up the system and not allow threads with the same subject to be posted at all?
    That's exactly how I got those links -- pretending I was starting a "Torch for Verizon" topic and they came right up.

Excuse me while I go to the Storm forum and repeatedly post "Storm for AT&T?" threads. Coz that makes about as much sense as these threads here.
    09-14-10 02:52 PM
    Just talked to my verizon source...apparently vzw denied RIM from putting the Torch on their network and that's why they went to AT&T!
    BBLeaks is generally reliable, but this doesn't make sense as RIM developed the Torch with AT&T from the ground up. On top of that it was apparently AT&T who went to RIM with the idea for the portrait slider (based on consumer research they had done).
    09-14-10 05:35 PM
    My snowball from answering the same question in another thread with almost the same name melted. It would have had a better chance of getting the Torch than VZW. If you want a Torch, you are going to have switch to AT&T or unlock it for TMO. Otherwise, you are out of luck. I could be wrong but the conventional wisdom is that the exclusivity is similar to the 9000.
    09-14-10 06:01 PM
    VZW will most likely get the S3 and therefore it would not make sense to market the Torch as competition.
    09-14-10 06:02 PM
    Verizon will be getting the torch obviously not the 9800 but more of the 9830, however, at&t has a 6 month contract with the phone so we wont be seeing this till next year
    09-14-10 07:27 PM
    Verizon will be getting the torch obviously not the 9800 but more of the 9830, however, at&t has a 6 month contract with the phone so we wont be seeing this till next year
    I thought the exclusivity terms were not released?
    09-14-10 07:48 PM
    It is all speculation. The Torch has been announced in Canada and the UK. If it were going to happen in the US. It would have been leaked by now.

09-14-10 08:26 PM
    It wasn't - they must have a friend that has a friend that knows someone...

If you post the same thing repeatedly doesn't make speculation a fact. We are all guessing.

09-15-10 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD