Maybe i'm not seeing it, but where in DM6 is there the option to Backup 3rd party apps?

I see the backup feature, but that didn't back-up my apps. In prior DM's there was the "switch device" function that allowed us to B-up apps.
    08-09-10 09:53 AM
    Haven't found it yet unfortunately :-(
    08-10-10 10:51 AM
    That's a good argument not to install it -it's the only way to back-up add-on apps that works for me. I use bbmcp for 3rd party but it doesn't count add-ons (BBM, Facebook, Twitter, UPS, etc) in that list. So I'd wind up singly installing at least five apps if I had* to use DM6.
    08-10-10 05:29 PM
    Look under Tools, I think I saw device switch under there.
    08-10-10 09:45 PM
    That's a good argument not to install it -it's the only way to back-up add-on apps that works for me.
    This! 'Nuff said.
    Until someone posts the full proper procedure for this, I won't waste my time with an install which does nothing extra for me and my 9700.
    5.0.1 works for me.
    08-10-10 09:48 PM
    Look under Tools, I think I saw device switch under there.
    OK. But will it allow for only 3rd party apps being backed up, and restored like the previous workaround?
    08-10-10 09:50 PM
    Yes it does all of the above. READ THE MANUAL...........
    08-10-10 09:53 PM
    Yes it does all of the above. READ THE MANUAL...........
    Thanks for your friendly help in this matter. I didn't want to read the manual though. I was looking for such a helpful person such as yourself to provide the information.

Thanks again.
    08-10-10 09:57 PM
    It's only a few easy reading pages that will answer a lot of questions. I don't like to be rude, but seems people want to have their hands held. I'm through with this subject. Hope you find the answers you need. Just in case you can't find it , here is the link:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Last edited by grncherry1; 08-10-10 at 10:08 PM.
    08-10-10 10:05 PM
    It's only a few easy reading pages that will answer a lot of questions. I don't like to be rude, but seems people want to have their hands held. I'm through with this subject. Hope you find the answers you need.
    I don't need to read the few pages that you referenced because as I stated in my previous post...

I won't waste my time with an install which does nothing extra for me and my 9700. 5.0.1 works for me.

If I planned on downloading it I guess I would have to do so, but I don't plan on it. At least not while I can't get a 9800 with OS6.

I just asked a question. If you don't like to be rude, don't be. You left the comment on the board, but you were vague by stating "I think", so I just wanted clarification. I don't need anyone to hold my hand, as I am proficient with my device.

You provided the answer I needed. Which was yes. And, I thank you very kindly.
    Enjoy your day.
    08-10-10 10:14 PM
    Hey thanks Grncherry, I downloaded DM6 & honestly wasn't real pleased. I like the look & all but as far as ease of use, it's getting to me, anyway, I totally overlooked the user's manual until I clicked on that link again. Saved it to my computer & gonna print it out later for better reference.

It's only a few easy reading pages that will answer a lot of questions. I don't like to be rude, but seems people want to have their hands held. I'm through with this subject. Hope you find the answers you need. Just in case you can't find it , here is the link:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    08-11-10 07:47 AM
    Has anyone actually tried to do a backup of 3rd party apps using Device Switch in DM6 yet? I just did, as detailed in an adjacent thread. It wasn't pretty. After 45 minutes, the completion bar was still hanging at an almost-complete level.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same problem.
    08-11-10 08:17 AM
    Thanks for your friendly help in this matter. I didn't want to read the manual though. I was looking for such a helpful person such as yourself to provide the information.

Thanks again.
    Removed, your right MADBRADNYC.

I will now got to the corner and hide my head in shame.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 08-11-10 at 10:47 AM.
    08-11-10 09:33 AM
    Has anyone actually tried to do a backup of 3rd party apps using Device Switch in DM6 yet? I just did, as detailed in an adjacent thread. It wasn't pretty. After 45 minutes, the completion bar was still hanging at an almost-complete level.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same problem.
    After figuring out how to do the Device Switch i did it twice. The 1st time it only backed up about 4 apps in the folder for some reason. Then i did it again, and it looks like all the apps did indeed back-up.

I guess if i do it in the future prior to loading another OS, i'll make sure they're all in there before wiping my device. Or, i'll just use BBSAK.
    08-11-10 09:39 AM
    Well, if your gonna help yourself why should anyone else help. I swear the laziness of some people just makes me wonder how they ever manage to dress themselves in the morning.
    Oh Boy... Here we go with another member trying to dredge things up that aren't there in the first place. The insistent need for some members to chime in with meaningless baiting posts that actually have nothing to do with the thread. DM6-3rd party apps...

You, my friend, seem to be what you are calling someone else (lazy). You need to read and comprehend the posts on this thread first, and not be lazy yourself. Calling people any names (such as lazy) beside their user name is unwarranted.

I don't know where you come in with the comment "Well, if your gonna help yourself why should anyone else help." First of all, I guess it is an obvious mistype missing the word "not". Second of all I don't need any help per-se' because I am not using or planning on using DM6 unless T-Mo provides a 9800 or better. Which I don't believe will ever happen with this exclusivity thing. All I see are a bunch of threads with problems. 5.0. work for me.

I only asked a simple question, as it relates to the thread at hand, as the previous member chimed in with a "thought". I asked for clarification to that thought, needing a yes or no answer to something that was miniscule in nature. If I have a BMW525I and you have a BMW540I, if we cross paths, I don't see any harm if I ask "Does your newer model have the same tight turning radius as my previous model."

Acutally, I think I rose above the ALL CAPS response with dignity. I would have bet a better response may have been ... "Well, I believe it does. If you read the manual, it may provide further information that you're looking for" and provide a link. But, again this is just me, and how I conduct myself on a public forum. I cannot speak for the other member. He seemed as if he thought about his response, and responded again in kind. I pointed out (because we are all adults) that if you don't want to do something then dont. It was over, and I thanked him kindly. But, I digress.

Who are you to come in here and try to start some trouble with anyone. This is a forum for learning. I can come in here and ask any question that I want to. Period. Are you here to help, or just provide quick opines to users that ask something. And not even have it relate to the thread itself. It was really none of your business, and you really need to stay out of it. It is over.

Why should I read a user's manual for something I am not going to use? Does that mean I cannot ask a question? I don't see you posting exactly how it is done. Is that lazy? Or just you not contributing anything to your posts. I clearly see many threads of users asking the same question. If you are eating an ice cream cone, and I ask how does it taste? Should I get a response from someone like you to say... Get your own!!! Find out for yourself!!! I can't believe how lazy you are!!! I bet if I couldn't afford one your response would be ... You lazy bum, get a job!!! All over a basic question.

The question has been asked and answered, regardless whether you like it or not, so no need to chime in. Mind your business. Stay out of it. Leave it alone. Contribute something positive to the thread. And the rest of us can do what we are supposed to do here. Each one, Teach one.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. I don't need to read your BMW 540I manual, and anyone else that has one can be nice enough to say yes or no. I hope this thread does not take a negative tone, and turn into people starting to ride your bandwagon, instead of providing answers to the question at hand.

Snip-
    08-11-10 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD