will this new OS6 finally have flash player???? I've been waiting forever!
    08-09-10 08:29 AM
    Nope, not out the box. Adobe is working on flash for BB
    08-09-10 08:42 AM
    What BerryUK said, it won't have it out of the box but is slated to get it later on this year.
    08-09-10 09:46 AM
    I'd like to see Flash on a 624 MHz processor when it can drag down a 1GHz processor at time. It already has a hard enough time rendering pages to begin with.
    08-09-10 10:04 AM
    I'd like to see Flash on a 624 MHz processor when it can drag down a 1GHz processor at time. It already has a hard enough time rendering pages to begin with.
    I assume you're talking about android?
    Depends on how intensive android is on a 1ghz processor, and how effectively flash is used on the android. Is flash readily available on android phones now?

Seems to me blackberry OS 6 has a very small footprint and as such shouldn't be a big problem if adobe optimises flash well on the blackberry platform. Iphone if you hack the phone can get flash but its not very stable and as such you are bound to see slow down on there.
    Last edited by zensen; 08-09-10 at 12:20 PM.
    08-09-10 12:13 PM
    Depends on how intensive android is on a 1ghz processor, and how effectively flash is used on the android. Is flash readily available on android phones now?

Seems to me blackberry OS 6 has a very small footprint and as such shouldn't be a big problem if adobe optimises flash well on the blackberry platform. Iphone if you hack the phone can get flash but its not very stable and as such you are bound to see slow down on there.
    Some Android phones have it running. Rooting aside, folks who have installed Froyo have got it. I'm still waiting for Motorola to come out with a Froyo release for the DX.
    08-09-10 01:56 PM

It's not hard to get, no.

I'm gonna laugh when Flash comes to some as yet unreleased BB with decent specs.
    08-09-10 05:31 PM
    I am looking for a phone that supports Flash too. How disappointing.
    08-09-10 06:47 PM
    i've seen flash running on an evo, for a very basic flash-based resume site with semi-simple 3d animations. it was very slow. just judging how flash can bog down ANY processor, i don't think it will work well on the current BB lineup, so i wouldn't be surprised if we never see it.
    08-09-10 07:21 PM
    I don't see it happening on this generation handsets either
    08-09-10 07:23 PM
    It may be that the upcoming Flash is why RIM has finally decided to increase the specs on the S3. They finally have a real reason to upgrade the hardware. That's assuming that the S3 rumors are true of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD