Alright I bought my first blackberry yesterday and already I'm irritated with this thing. I got a 8830WE from alltel. I went through the blackberry 101 cdrom that came with the phone but I can not figure out how I'm supposed to set up an external email account. When I get to the email setup option in the setup wizard I only get two options. They are: I want to use a work email account or I want to skip email setup. How do I set up an external email account?
    09-19-07 03:55 PM
    Do you know your BIS website? I'm not sure what the address is for Alltel, but its extremely easy to do so from the web.
    09-19-07 04:12 PM
    Hey,
    You can do it one of two ways, 1) Click the set up internet email icon from your Blackberry 8830 phone. 2) This is the way that I perfer. Go to your mobile account through the Alltel website and search for the email option and add all of your email address there. Hope that helps you and welcome to the blackberry world.
    09-19-07 04:15 PM
    whats the website for that? I'm at account.alltel.com/ and don't see anything about email
    09-19-07 04:33 PM
    Well I don't have alltel, but when I go into my T-mobile account I click on Communication tools. So if you see anything by that name, then try that tab.
    09-19-07 04:44 PM
    According to the dierections on alltelstepbystep I need to press the menu key and then hit email setup. Unfortunately there isnt anything that says amail setup.

I don't get it
    09-19-07 05:06 PM
    My blackberry doesnt have any SIM card. Is that needed for my email to work?
    09-19-07 05:25 PM
    Here is the Alltel Blackberry login website:

BlackBerry Internet Service

you can access your BIS settings from there or create a new account.
    Last edited by pirate03; 09-20-07 at 08:22 PM. Reason: forgot the word alltel
    09-20-07 08:21 PM
    My blackberry doesnt have any SIM card. Is that needed for my email to work?
    Yes a sim card is required for email. Without a sim card you cannot have a data plan. Without a data plan, you can't have email.
    09-20-07 09:06 PM
    On the 8830 the sim card is only required for use overseas. In North America you won't need the sim card. You only need a BB data plan on your account.
    09-21-07 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD