I have unlocked my T-mobile 9700. I've installed at&t OS but power-on screen still sayed T-mobile, because my phone still think it's T-mobile.
    Now I want to change the carrier name of power on screen from T-mobile to at&t.
    And install an at&t OS and be able to use at&t apps
    Is this possible? How?
    08-08-10 04:01 AM
    You can't change the splash screen, that will ALWAYS show T-Mobile as it's hard-coded into the device.
    It doesn't matter if it's unlocked or not, and installing another OS won't change it either.

To use the AT&T apps, all you need to do is insert an AT&T SIM... and enjoy your 3G-LESS phone
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 08-08-10 at 06:10 AM.
    08-08-10 04:17 AM
    You can't change the splash screen, that will ALWAYS show T-Mobile as it's hard-coded into the device.
    It doesn't matter if it's unlocked or not, and installing another OS won't change it either.

To use the AT&T apps, all you need to do is insert an AT&T SIM... and enjoy your 3G-LESS phone
    But old 7290/8310 is able to change everything by a program named MMF or something
    08-08-10 07:47 AM
    Doesn't work on newer OS 5.0 devices

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 07:56 AM
    is changing the splash screen really that important considering it's only displayed for like 3 seconds when you boot up?
    08-09-10 12:56 AM
    I have unlocked my T-mobile 9700. I've installed at&t OS but power-on screen still sayed T-mobile, because my phone still think it's T-mobile.
    Now I want to change the carrier name of power on screen from T-mobile to at&t.
    And install an at&t OS and be able to use at&t apps
    Is this possible? How?
    Your phone doesn't think it's still T-Mobile, that splash screen is coded in and can't be changed. You can install any carriers 9700 OS on a 9700.

What ATT specific apps do you want to use.

If you are just concerned about the above, don't worry about it.

If you are desperate to not have TMO show up briefly everytime you restart you device, forget about it.
    08-09-10 06:58 AM
    Personally I don't care about any such logo. Telus, is more like, Tell Us. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 07:31 AM
    Just because your phone is unlocked and you are using a different vendors OS does not mean you stop going through your original vendor. Your service will always be with T-Mo unless you go down and cancel it.
    08-09-10 08:40 AM
    On rereading the OP, I see it makes even less sense. It's not clear if he switched carriers to TMO, or is just using ATT's lastest official OS on his TMO 9700.

OP: If you are still on TMO, of course your phone will think it's a TMO phone.
    08-09-10 09:15 AM
    why do you want at&t apps?
    08-09-10 11:40 AM
    He's talking about unbranding, not unlocking. I'd love to do that to mine so it boots with the BB logo instead of the carrier logo.

It's my phone, I've paid for it. Let me do as I please, please
    08-09-10 11:52 AM
    It's my phone, I've paid for it. Let me do as I please, please
    Then you should have put a little more thought into your purchase and either purchased an unbranded phone, or bought one from the provider you wanted.

Beside, why buy a 3G phone from one provider that will NOT work on a different provider's 3G... is it because they want an 3G phone that will only work on EDGE, and given AT&T statements last year about not supporting EDGE I don't know if that is such a great idea.
    08-09-10 12:03 PM
    Then you should have put a little more thought into your purchase and either purchased an unbranded phone, or bought one from the provider you wanted.

Beside, why buy a 3G phone from one provider that will NOT work on a different provider's 3G... is it because they want an 3G phone that will only work on EDGE, and given AT&T statements last year about not supporting EDGE I don't know if that is such a great idea.
    You are right, I should have bought a different phone. This is likely the WORST BlackBerry I've owned to date. If I would have know how much garbage this phone was, I would have kept my 8900.

To say the 9700 has 3G is a joke. I'm in the Twin Cities of Minnesota, so I know I've got coverage. I drop more calls than Adrian Peterson does footballs... Don't even get me started on the horse**** UMA feature. Again, WAY better on the 8900.
    08-09-10 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD